Pak Army to grow by 180,000; Change to offensive posture?

Blackwater

Although the news is not making noise on media , it very much should. Pakistan Army has quietly increased the number of officers it inducts in PMA Kakul by 33%. Usually that is done when you are planning to increase your military's size.

It is a slow process of course. It will take at least 5-10 years to implement this change as it inducts an extra battalion of officers each year, currently PMA trains 3 battalions of officers. That is a significant increase in size.

Why do you guys think Pak Army is increasing it's size?

Here are possible reasons:

1. The incoming troops might be deployed in three Strike Corps with offensive objectives in any future war.
2. These troops might be for a future Expeditionary Force with foreign deployment planned. The situation in middle east is becoming worse day by day, and we might deploy these soldiers to KSA or other battlefields in the Middle East.
3. Pakistan is forming a new branch of Army. With new deadly weapons like Nasr being inducted, Pak Fauj might need a new artillery corps with a very specific purpose in mind.
4. Might need extra troops to permanently secure our Eastern border with Afghanistan, as you may already know, currently Pakistan has deployed 150,000 soldiers in KPK and FATA. With these incoming troops, we can turn our focus back to our herbivorous neighbors.
5. The new troops may be used to secure CPEC. But i feel that is highly unlikely, the number of troops deployed by FC are sufficient.

Would like everyone's input on this.

FRYCRY

Country flag
"A military spokesman, meanwhile, said that the army was already facing a shortage of officers and the increased induction would help overcome that requirement."

i can't believe such junooni nation have shortages of officers :pound:

more troops means more pressure on an already failed economy :india:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Yeah increase more and more and match India.

If the actual numbers are increased then India might also increase or add more Quality of men and weapons to neutralize increase in Quantity of Pakis.

Pakis can't manage their own country on fire and thinking of saving middle-east. :lol:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
India had to halfway give up the idea of raising mountain corps of 90,000 soldiers. So, I can only imagine how Pak will do it in a short time. But may be they will just hire suicide bombers, who are easy to train and eat and drink at the nearest JuD seminary.

Good luck Pak. I hope this act further constrains their fund for technological development.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
great idea

then let them start another war and this time , THIS TIME ......we will

purchase those2 mile long floating metallic islands from china or build our own

and we will put the 90,000 prisoners of war and keep them OUTSIDE India
territorial waters .

and the UN can feed them while we negotiate with pakistan who may not want them back and pretend not to know them

and as they are no longer in Indian territory neither are we gonna be responsible for such scum, we dont have to feed them, medical care etc etc !

...and that is still a lot KINDER than the way pak army had tortured our pow's ......

those who join pak army or forces should be aware of this new policy
suggested by NRI roma ....and i modified it from USA's Guantanamo idea ....where it is NOT USA territory so different rules apply

and by the way all packlanders who are in the armed forces can take note that Guantanamo ends with the name NAMO

!invitation to comment and if you feel what ive written is interesting, don't be shy to "clicke" :-
@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey@aliyah@bose@brational@blueblood@Blackwater@Blood+@Bangalorean@bengalraider@cobra commando@Chirag@DingDong@ersakthivel@guru-dutt@Hari Sud@hit&run
@indiandefencefan@I_PLAY_BAD@Indibomber@jackprince
@Kunal Biswas@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha@mhk99@Neil@OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra@PaliwalWarrior@Pulkit
@Rowdy@Razor@Rashna@[email protected]
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad@Srinivas_K@sgarg@sabari@Sameet2@saik@sorcerer@TejasMK3@The enlightened
@tejas warrior@tharun@thethinker@tsunami@Screambowl@Sylex21@VIP@Yusuf@Yumdoot@Zebra
@Nicky G@FRYCRY@Aravind Sanjeev@A chauhan

@Neo @Zarvan @musalman

Last edited:

brational

Country flag
Good news. another - $15-20 b dent to Baki economy. I have just started loving Baki Jihadi Military.

I_PLAY_BAD

Although the news is not making noise on media , it very much should. Pakistan Army has quietly increased the number of officers it inducts in PMA Kakul by 33%. Usually that is done when you are planning to increase your military's size.

It is a slow process of course. It will take at least 5-10 years to implement this change as it inducts an extra battalion of officers each year, currently PMA trains 3 battalions of officers. That is a significant increase in size.

1. The incoming troops might be deployed in three Strike Corps with offensive objectives in any future war.
2. These troops might be for a future Expeditionary Force with foreign deployment planned. The situation in middle east is becoming worse day by day, and we might deploy these soldiers to KSA or other battlefields in the Middle East.
3. Pakistan is forming a new branch of Army. With new deadly weapons like Nasr being inducted, Pak Fauj might need a new artillery corps with a very specific purpose in mind.
4. Might need extra troops to permanently secure our Eastern border with Afghanistan, as you may already know, currently Pakistan has deployed 150,000 soldiers in KPK and FATA. With these incoming troops, we can turn our focus back to our herbivorous neighbors.
5. The new troops may be used to secure CPEC. But i feel that is highly unlikely, the number of troops deployed by FC are sufficient.

"Pakistan doomed" will be the only strong reason even if you list a 100 possible reasons :)

anoop_mig25

Country flag

Well only vaild option i think is 1 and 3

2 is ruled out because they recently showed middle finger to KSA

4 is ruled out beacuse AFG would be their den in ner future with help from taliban unless and untill amercian puts stay there which is not going to happen

5 is ruled out beacuse who in this word going to attack CPEC.Indian wont do it

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
5 is ruled out beacuse who in this word going to attack CPEC.Indian wont do it
Oh I wouldn't be so sure about that. We have to retake our PoK. Whether it was in the agenda of the previous GOIs I don't know, but it certainly is today

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
that means India has to raise 1800000 to counter them. as 1 Paki = 10 Hindu baniyas :laugh:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Modi and AD's aggressive defensive plans working ?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
more troops means more pressure on an already failed economy
I'm sure the $1-2 billion of bheek they get every year will cover for 180,000 more active personnel, though it will mean that much less money for everything else, or that much bigger a begging bowl for next year.

aliyah

why bulid such a long highway from china to Arabian sea......now see how many chokidars it require :)
That happens when 2 Shariff's run country

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
But Don't expect the addition of 2* 180000 balls in pak army.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Just like parasites ... spawning like rats

DingDong

Country flag
Oh I wouldn't be so sure about that. We have to retake our PoK. Whether it was in the agenda of the previous GOIs I don't know, but it certainly is today
In my view GOI is not going to accept the LOC as the final border, the Aman ki Tamasha is over. POK is our gateway to the Central Asia, we must retake it, we don't have an option because Iran is not a reliable long-term strategic partner.

anoop_mig25

Country flag

No , i do not think so in present and near future any Indo-gov would take out PoK. Reason is first pak has militraily fortified that region and purely economics...

When RAY sir was there i had asked him same question that can now Indian take back pok region.he said same thing that pak militraily has fortified it well.secound economics to subsatin war in POK region and then its merger with india and third there should be will in future govs to take on.he does not see any gov having will

Present gov is rasing is purely barganing chip to force enemy to defacto accept LoC as present boundary

IF you had analyses track 2/back channel most what indian had offered to pak is convert LoC as IB.

Even musuraff-MMS negotiations where on same lines to accept loc as IB

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles