PAF JF17 thunder crash in Arabian sea

IndianHawk

Country flag
That's more realistic but then we should give up on having 42 sqdn. Anyway I honestly feel we should invest more on missile systems of various kinds. Especially in a defensive set up vis a vis China.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Ours aren't very good either.

the top brass' obsession with changing QSRs has cost the IAF dearly.

We are over-dependent on Su-30 MKis.

MiG-21s are still in service. Tejas has just entered IAF.

MiG-29 and Mirages aren't being replaced significantly with either Rafales or anything for that matter. 36 Rafales don't cover.

AMCA is nowhere in sight.

PAKFA is still 3-4 years away.

PLAAF is far more lethal right now with a humongous force of J-10s and J-11s.

Not to mention their J-31 has already started flight testing.
Don't worry about it.

1) FAR more than 36 Rafales are coming (>150)
2) the FGFA will be perhaps the finest 5th gen fighter in service in outright performance when it enters service in 2026
3) the PLAAF is a paper power. Most of their jets are plagued by maintainence issues and they adopt a Russian approach of low training/annual flying hours so their pilots are relatively inexperienced. The IAF follows a western pattern of train as you fight.
4) the Chinese "5th gen" jets will be decades behind the top notch tech of today, they have not been able to overcome their deficit in propulsion or electronics overnight. To think otherwise is foolish, they make cool looking shells that's about it.
5) the MiG-29s and Mirages are being upgraded explicitly to allow them to serve another 12-15 years and they are easily some of the finest jets (post upgrade) in the region.
6) the final MKI fleet will easily be in excess of 320 units and will be upgraded to the "super" standard that will incorporate many of the FGFA's features.
7) the LCA is ramping up production, another line will be given to the private sector and I'm the next 6 years 24/year will be being churned out.

By 2025 India will have the finest air power outside of the US.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Nope in 10 year framework with upgraded version
We have almost 500 mig21+mig27+ Jaguars
The LCA will replace the MiG-21s fully and some MiG-27 SQNs. Some DARIN II Jags will be replaced by the Rafale whilst some will be upgraded to the DARIN III standard and re-engined (F125 engine) and serve until 2030-2 eventually being replaced by the AMCA.

abingdonboy

Country flag
remember the sanctioned strength is only 750 aircrafts
if we are giving lca 2/3rd of sanctioned strength then what about other jets
Makes no sense at all, the LCA is not going to be employed in such a fashion, it is a rear guard for the IAF that allows the "heavies" (MKI, Rafale, Jags/AMCA, FGFA) to take the fight to the enemy in their airspace.

The LCA will never form the backbone of the IAF, it simply isn't meant to.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
So 2 nos. of Block I and 1 nos. of Block II 'Thunder' Fiters have crashed. Mashallah!
To improve upon record of previous Block, Paki Air Farce should make sure 2 more Block II 'Thunders' crash soon. Inshallah!

IndianHawk

Country flag
) FAR more than 36 Rafales are coming (>150)
2) the FGFA will be perhaps the finest 5th gen fighter in service in outright performance when it enters service in 2026
3) the PLAAF is a paper power. Most of their jets are plagued by maintainence issues and they adopt a Russian approach of low training/annual flying hours so their pilots are relatively inexperienced. The IAF follows a western pattern of train as you fight.
For 100 more Rafaels we will have to pay upwards 25billion$ , parrikar already said it's a Mercedes we can't afford.
Pak fa has its own problems, stealth engine is not ready. And it is going to be very costly no matter how we spin it.

I agree plaaf is a paper tiger but you have to consider all these numbers while you plan for combat. Chinese know that numbers matter. They matter even more for us as we have to confront two front war.

By 2030 we might find ourselves into same position as of today. Too many planes to replace too much cost and an even more bigger and modernized Chinese air force

Blackwater

It night be fake news, I came to know about it through Facebook last night.
No official statement from ISPR yet.

it might hota ha, night nahi hota , you paki hawala operator

your own media accepted it now you jahil jihadi
:):):):):):)

Defcon 1

Country flag
Don't worry about it.
Care to prove this para?
There is not enough info available in public that can allow you or anyone else to make such kind of claim.
Paper tiger really? How do you know about their maintenance issues and experience of their pilots? I mean, I can agree that their technology is not at western level, which is why they want to buy Su35. But rest of your comment about PLAAF is incredulous.

Reactions: Neo

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Makes no sense at all, the LCA is not going to be employed in such a fashion, it is a rear guard for the IAF that allows the "heavies" (MKI, Rafale, Jags/AMCA, FGFA) to take the fight to the enemy in their airspace.

The LCA will never form the backbone of the IAF, it simply isn't meant to.
I heard the DM's interview today, He said that there will be 5 LCA squadrons by 2019-2020

Akshay_Fenix

I heard the DM's interview today, He said that there will be 5 LCA squadrons by 2019-2020
I don't think HAL will be able to accomplish that target. HAL would have to make 24 planes / year which is impossible.
2016 - 6
2017 - 24
2018 - 24
2019 -24
2020 -24

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles