P-18/Next Generation Destroyer class (NGD)

flanker99

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Definitely 13,000 Tons. And saw eight vessels in the video. And so eight planned?.
nibba i've come to the conclusion that its just a placeholder....whoever made this has completely copied the design of Italian DDX (pic posted by another member) and added diff vls and a supersized mfstar to it...i dont think this is worth taking seriously

Fatalis

Country flag
Not related to NGD of IN but it sure looks good. The following images are of PLAN Type 055 Destroyer earlier version. It was discarded for the current one which is in service.
IMG_20180315_122310.jpg
IMG_20180315_122311.jpg
IMG_20180315_122312.jpg

It carried 96 VLS, 08 AShM and 2 Type-730 CIWS.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars it's just a place holder.

View attachment 176142
So you play modern warships too eh haldi

Anyway this was exactly what I was about to say . Looked so similar to the Italian DDX.
Altho just like type-055 acted as an inspiration for DDGx whose design was in turn inspired from Arleigh Burke class , this could be what it is . Maybe an inspired design . Although it is subjected to change very soon still waiting.

The part where it looks not NGD is the bridge since I'm pretty sure that NGD bridge would pentagonal in shape similar to INS vishakhapatnams due to the knowledge and exp gained from building low RCS designs are already there .

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
On this note , I have a Q

Do we have any Indian equivalent or substitute for ELM-228 MF STAR .
Is any undertaking or company building any alternative to MF radar

swapcv

Country flag

Super falcon

Country flag
Kolkata and Vishakhapatnam class destroyers were built for these roles.
Project 18 is a Type 55 class destroyer type thing.
So vishalapatnam destroyers are better than these Chinese or Kolkata destroyers are superior most of these ships info is not available as of latest

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
So vishalapatnam destroyers are better than these Chinese or Kolkata destroyers are superior most of these ships info is not available as of latest
Vizag class and Kolkata class aren't definitely better than Type 52D but are built for the role.

Project 18 meanwhile is just a concept which can't be compared with either of Type 55 or Zumawalt.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
In real life, their is no such thing as one is better than other.
The only thing that matter is what are the specification and how much can a ship adhere to its said specification.
Chinese ship can also do the same.
Such ships don't operate in solo but in a task force.
Verses comparison look good in movies and documentaries but no it real life.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles