P-18/Next Generation Destroyer class (NGD)

flanker99

Country flag
What do u guys think , is their a possibility to revolutionary approach to shipbuilding components and entering this buisness ?
dont understand the question but given our lack of budget and experience for now revolutionary approach wont be good for our shis

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
How would you wish to define the Turkish Rail-gun Project Saho Block 3 on one of their ships . Pretty prosperous project if you ask me

Scratch that:-
DRDO 12mm Railgun.jpeg

pics is of older DRDO-ARDE 12mm Mach 6 railgun.
A newer 10MJ 30mm railgun in the works with no pics out yet.

On a more serious note, Its more of a liability than an asset if they put it on an operational warship. If Americans can't overcome issues of rail wear, I don't think anybody else can. Americans had already made 30MJ railguns when they pulled the plug on their program. What is the Turkish railgun specced at in capacitor bank capacity and bore?

scatterStorm

Country flag
Facebook comment saar...Indian mil guys will have a heart attack if u see the things USN guys(both active and retired) discuss in fb groups
Btw this pic was also posted by him at that group its in USNI building not open to public

View attachment 171917
Those are some serious shit tons of capacitors there, however, you are also going on suicide mission every time you fire it. Consider sea water has more salt, and if any one bolt may go loose from here and there, the whole ship will get electrocuted?

Oh boi, that's a scary death right there, if things go wrong.

Blademaster

Seen this pic before. But even so, the program is no longer funded by US mil because despite all the R&D, no good solution for the rail materials was found and there were bottlenecks developing guided rounds for the same. Even if they sort how to power the damn thing. It needs to provide some actual tactical advantage over a chemical gun or its not worth it. Don't see them solving the rail material challenge next couple of decades at least. Maybe post-2050...
The rail gun could not show any discernible advantage over conventional marine artillery guns or naval guns pricewise. Too far ahead of its time.

flanker99

Country flag

Vamsi

Country flag
Some of my observations
I count total 120 vls+16 brahmos/nirbhay inclined launch tubes
Design seems like a mix european(french/italian) and indian
By the god the radar housing is huge(ofc to house the 6m+ radar)
1x 127 mm + 2x 76 mm
Total 8 ships have bteen shown
The Ops Room looks futuristic.... similar to that of Koreans
This is Korean's
1665734499009.png

This is ours as shown in the video
IMG_20221014_133002.jpg

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
that space has your anchors, crew quarters, ducts for climate control, stores, etc etc

Theres never any space onboard a ship that goes to waste, EVER
I thought that it was too much pointy so must have been having Little volume inside

Global Defence

New threads

Articles