P-18/Next Generation Destroyer class (NGD)

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
I won't be surprised if our DND brings out a concept very similar to either this, the Renhai's or the Italian DDX
I would personally rather prefer if the DND(Directorate of Naval Design) would bring out a design which has more clean deck on it and has reduced Radar Cross Section. Something like the Lider class that Russia is supposed to make(I don't know about it's current status but I believe the Russians can't afford to build it).
1587378990_553-1.jpg

swapcv

Country flag
I would personally rather prefer if the DND(Directorate of Naval Design) would bring out a design which has more clean deck on it and has reduced Radar Cross Section. Something like the Lider class that Russia is supposed to make(I don't know about it's current status but I believe the Russians can't afford to build it).
View attachment 131507
Don't think this Lider class will see the light of the day, for one, its too large to be a feasible destroyer, and the amount of top heavy equipment it has makes it either a poor seaboat or one prone to capsizing in rough sea states. Any Engineer worth his salt will come to the same conclusions. Also, Russians are known for their art of Maskirovka, not everything they say will be true.

Super Flanker

Banned
Don't think this Lider class will see the light of the day, for one, its too large to be a feasible destroyer, and the amount of top heavy equipment it has makes it either a poor seaboat or one prone to capsizing in rough sea states. Any Engineer worth his salt will come to the same conclusions. Also, Russians are known for their art of Maskirovka, not everything they say will be true.
It's supposed to be a nuclear powered Destroyer cruiser or something like that, we could try and make something like it and we could remove that Problem of that Top heavy structure which might cause it to capsize in rough sea states. Anyways let's see what DND is offering to bring to the table with regards to project 18.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Imo destroyer should be of low profile , too tall of mast is a issue not only regarding its Design but by stealth pov too.

Super Flanker

Banned
Imo destroyer should be of low profile , too tall of mast is a issue not only regarding its Design but by stealth pov too.
1587378990_553-1.jpg

Yes I agree with that part but the rest is fine right? Remove the tall mast because it might affect center of balance of the Ship which is something which is not good in rough seas, so we can reduce the height of the Mast ,rest everything is fine and good! low profile Destroyer with good stealth, if we could make something like the Lider than it would be sick, imagine full Pak Navy will piss their pants after seeing something like that heading towards them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles