Our technologies will benefit Indian farmers: Israel

Country flag
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/cu...ill-benefit-indian-farmers-israel_539857.html

Israel today offered its agricultural technologies to India that will benefit the farmers by enhancing their income and improving welfare of general public.

"The implementation of these technologies will surely benefit Indian farmers by enhancing their income as well as improving welfare of general public by helping to neutralise the escalation in the price of food," Israel's Agriculture and Rural Development Minister Orit Noked said here.

She said the agriculture cooperation with Israel can and will propel India to become a superpower in food production and supply and will place it at the forefront of world agriculture. Noked was talking to reporters here after her meeting with Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda held at Centre of Excellence for Vegetable here today, which is the first such centre under Indo-Israel collaboration.

"I will tell everybody that cooperation with Haryana has been a success...," she said. Hooda said apart from the 12 Centres of Excellence being set up for the vegetable production, the government would offer 65% subsidy to the farmers in setting up polyhouses.

Earlier, in the meeting, the Haryana government requested the Israeli Minister to provide assistance in setting up one Research and Development Centre for Agriculture, Horticulture and allied fields in the state on the pattern of Central.
It also sought Northern Arava Research and Development Centre in Israel for assistance as it would help in increasing the productivity, quality and value addition in the field of agriculture.

On the request of Chief Minister for transfer of certain varieties for Citrus, Olives, Pomegranate, Mango and Grape, the Israeli Agriculture Minister said that the transfer of seeds and plants is a complicated issue for which we will need special agreements.

She said that she understands the importance of the varieties for the people so she would take up the matter with the India''s central government.
The Minister took interest in the dairy farming and murrah buffaloes of Haryana, which are world famous.

He also told her about the proposed Terminal Market at Gannaur which is being set up at a cost of Rs 1,500 crore on an area of 400 acres of land. This market would help the farmers in post harvesting management.

debasree

Country flag
also in medi science their technolodgy is most wellcome.

sob

Mod
Country flag
The Israeli's are leaders in Drip Irrigation. Some work has been done in this context with some firms from Israel. Also looking at our climate and soil we should take the help of Israel for growing high grade citrus fruits as well as Olives.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Poly houses and Drip irrigation! What is so unheard of in that? Even in my farm we have used Drip irrigation past 20years now.

pack leader

Professional
Poly houses and Drip irrigation! What is so unheard of in that? Even in my farm we have used Drip irrigation past 20years now.
there is a saying in Hebrew " the devil hides in small holes "
:namaste:
may you live long and prosper

Iamanidiot

Rather than those weapons I would give an arm and limb for israeli agritech and seeds

JBH22

Israelis did some good job they converted some areas of the Negev desert in green areas their expertise would be highly useful for us.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Rather than those weapons I would give an arm and limb for israeli agritech and seeds
I can understand drip farming but what will they do with one arm and leg from you? Traditional Indian meaningless crappery.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
It is unfortunate that Israel is generally recognized by it's military exploits instead of it's true assets- civilian technology and the fostering of a pro entrepreneurship environment. Developing states like India should invest as much as possible into Israeli joint ventures on things like agriculture and technology.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
This is one cooperation we should welcome. I mean come on look at the fruit price rates in Delhi. It doesn't feel as if we're in an agriculture rich country looking at the prices. This is one are where our farmers need serious help. Especially when we have such asshats in our government who cannot do anything but swindle the nation.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Israelis are good in green house technology too. The polycarbonate sheets that go into it also comes from Israel. I know an importer who imports these sheets. He buys the screws to fix it from me. Chinese companies are nowhere in the picture in manufacturing these right now.

I remember there was a CII initiative to establish joint ventures between the two countries. I wish I could get to know one such field where a JV is possible for me and I could make a killing in that!!

A Jew collaborating with a Gujarati is one helluva a business deal!!!

amoy

Thanks to Sino-Israeli agri cooperation drip farming has been adopted firstly in Xinjiang then widely in drought-smitten West China

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Thanks to Sino-Israeli agri cooperation drip farming has been adopted firstly in Xinjiang then widely in drought-smitten West China
Being a fellow agricultural country, I will agree with you. We might have our differences, but being the food sources on this planet, we need to stand tall in matters like these where we not only feed our own but practically half the world. Always wondered if there could be a OPEC like body between India, China, Southeast Asia, Brazil and other major agricultural countries where we could regulate global food prices like how oil sheiks regulate oil and fatten on its wealth.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles