OSINT from Satellite images

Tanmay

Country flag
PAF Sihala : 33°32'39.60"N 73°16'3.04"E Google Earth SAtellite Imagery

A possible air defence site. Could not identify the SAM missiles. Might be old ones on verge of decommisioning.

Wikipedia says Pakistan operated/operates HQ-2B or Chinese ripoff of S-75 Dvina (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-75_Dvina)

So it's Pakistan Air Force (PAF) operated HQ-2 Surface to Air Missile (SAM) Air Defence Site.
Looks like that missile. Protects Rawalpindi

02.JPG

The motor pool.
03.JPG

Last edited:

Tanmay

Country flag
Spotted this today.
Large construction activity at INS Utkrosh/Port Blair Airport. My guess is this might be for P8I. Navy's Do-228 & helicopters visible nearby.
View attachment 61436
Yes, Have been wondering since past few months about this expansion.

could not find anything in civilian airport expansion plans. So must be for IN/IAF.

Permanent base for P-8I like they have at Mumbai airport.

They should be thinking a bit ahead and contructing a few Hardened Air Shelters for Sukhoi and Jaguars @ Port Blair Air Base. And a parallel taxiway.

Tanmay

Country flag
What looks like new shelters/infra for new incoming P-8I at Goa/Dabolim Air base

02.JPG

P8-I With Dabolim (DAB) markings under testing

The absolute nincompoopness of Navy and Civilian babus who decided to jam pack terminal/buildings/infra close to the Runway.
And as a result have issues of broken parallel taxiway

02.JPG

Deadtrap

Country flag
So during the month of April Chinese started carrying out construction activities in Upper Subansiri District. It's an area between Longju and PLA's C shaped Company Post at Maja, Upper Subansiri District.
Coordinates: 28.6050389, 93.4004721
This construction is approx 2km inside India from Google Earth IB marking.
PLA is well known to have occupied this area since 2000s. Some background about the occupation can be read here : https://theprint.in/defence/south-c...s-salami-slicing-now-reaches-arunachal/73316/

By August there seems to several structures assembled. It could be new camps to house soilders due to current standoff? Not sure.
Any expert who can help to figure out what it is?
Maja Sector.gif

Deadtrap

Country flag
In the midst of a standoff Indian Forces/ BRO seems to have completed a proper mud track to Tulung La Pass in Arunachal Pradesh.
Coordinates : 27°52'52.16"N 92°14'0.88"E

Tulung La Pass.gif

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
So during the month of April Chinese started carrying out construction activities in Upper Subansiri District. It's an area between Longju and PLA's C shaped Company Post at Maja, Upper Subansiri District.
Coordinates: 28.6050389, 93.4004721
This construction is approx 2km inside India from Google Earth IB marking.
PLA is well known to have occupied this area since 2000s. Some background about the occupation can be read here : https://theprint.in/defence/south-c...s-salami-slicing-now-reaches-arunachal/73316/

By August there seems to several structures assembled. It could be new camps to house soilders due to current standoff? Not sure.
Any expert who can help to figure out what it is? View attachment 61494
I have seen this before. Its housing for PLA, several of these have popped up on the LAC

avknight1408

Country flag
Construction activity at Palam air force base. My guess is that it may be hangar for newly acquired B777 VVIP planes. Also 737 BBJ visible.
Screenshot_20201004-213815__01.jpg

AZTEC

Country flag
Can you guys do some OSINT on this image (like compare it with available satellite imagery)?

It appears to be extremely important.

Operation Bandar was the codename for the 2019 Balakot Airstrike.

The following links may be useful:
DEBUNKING THE ISPR's ANTITHESIS OF A PRECISION STRIKE AT BALAKOT | by Sameer Joshi | Medium
“HELL FOR LEATHER”. ANALYSING THE TACTICAL & TECHNICAL… | by Sameer Joshi | Medium
'A SHAHEEN's LAST FALL'. Investigation & evidence based… | by Sameer Joshi | Medium

Challenger007

Country flag
In this thread, there are a lot of interesting photos that help you better explore the area. Moreover, both ordinary photos and satellite images are interesting. Moreover, satellite images are often more interesting, but this is more likely due to the fact that such an opportunity for people is still quite new and seems more interesting than ordinary photos that we have seen for many decades.

BlackViking

Country flag
Screenshot 2021-01-04 154246.jpg

can anyone ID this ship? I found this while searching along Vizag shoreline.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
@mokoman @mist_consecutive check this out.
View attachment 79732
UAV at Awantipora. Please ID if you can.
View attachment 79733
Shadow of an aircraft at Srinagar. Is this Mig21?
To me its look like Heron
I

It's heron.
Tell me, gentlemen, does Heron has a single tail boom or double ?

can anyone tell me how to find the date on which satellite imagery was taken/updated on google earth/maps?
@mist_consecutive @mokoman @Spindrift
Only possible on Google Earth Pro Desktop app (AFAIK).

There you can choose option to see old images with a slider, which has date of the imagery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DFIlite DFIlite twitter OSINT post OSINT 22
Haldilal OSINT Images Contribution Members Corner 69
Haldilal DFI OSINT Images Contribution. OSINT 8
H OSINT compilation thread Knowledge Repository 54