OSINT Community and their India conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugilist

Country flag

Frankly, as much as they entertained me, I’m not surprised these accounts didn’t get suspended sooner.

I’m not on twitter, Facebook or any other SM, but did look at Twitter’s rules tonight. They have some pretty broad and ambiguous rules. Therefore, these rules are open to ‘manipulation’ by one’s opponents if one often strays too close or over the line.

I think the likes of Baba was often in breach of these rules. I suspect as these accounts’ popularities grew so to did their chutzpah - maybe they thought they needed to post more and more outrageous content to grow their following.

For their supporters to claim they are martyrs etc is taking it too far in my humble opinion.

If they wanted to stay in the game, they should have been smarter and played by the rules or, at least, stayed close to it.

Look at someone like Major Gaurav Arya, he is as patriotic as one gets, his Twitter account, with 1.1million followers, regularly bashes the Pakis (and Chinese) but he almost always stays within Twitter’s rules. I suspect he considers carefully what he posts.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
LMAO these unofficial random accounts were giving nightmares to porkis. Just imagine what will happen if propaganda warfare is actually sanctioned by GOI.

Apparently porki army started shivering and their general called it as challenge seems like they are only interested in SM warfare since fighting and winning actual war is beyond their capability.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
LMAO these unofficial random accounts were giving nightmares to porkis. Just imagine what will happen if propaganda warfare is actually sanctioned by GOI.

Apparently porki army started shivering and their general called it as challenge seems like they are only interested in SM warfare since fighting and winning actual war is beyond their capability.
And let’s not forget how BBC assisted pak in this endeavour with their news report. high possibility BBC new report was submitted as valid proof.
If the same logic is applied to pak propaganda, 100% of India related debate video on pak news channels will have to be blocked on YouTube.

FalconZero

Country flag
so its confirmed that twitter and fb are suppressing free speech. as long as i know these handle did nothing wrong to violate any rules.

also, not to mention that tweeter and dickbook favor china and joe-biden as we recently witnessed during us election
GOI is to blame, you gave away the biggest market for these companies for free? How can they be so dumb? GOI needs to get its shiet together and actually make it clear to twitter or sm that if they want to work in India they will have to conform to our rules, make them crawl for slightest of issues.

Frankly, as much as they entertained me, I’m not surprised these accounts didn’t get suspended sooner.

I’m not on twitter, Facebook or any other SM, but did look at Twitter’s rules tonight. They have some pretty broad and ambiguous rules. Therefore, these rules are open to ‘manipulation’ by one’s opponents if one often strays too close or over the line.

I think the likes of Baba was often in breach of these rules. I suspect as these accounts’ popularities grew so to did their chutzpah - maybe they thought they needed to post more and more outrageous content to grow their following.

For their supporters to claim they are martyrs etc is taking it too far in my humble opinion.

If they wanted to stay in the game, they should have been smarter and played by the rules or, at least, stayed close to it.

Look at someone like Major Gaurav Arya, he is as patriotic as one gets, his Twitter account, with 1.1million followers, regularly bashes the Pakis (and Chinese) but he almost always stays within Twitter’s rules. I suspect he considers carefully what he posts.
Dude, these are normal posters, it was after the hit pieces written by pakis in BBC twitter took action, so yes pakis are directly involved in banning these accounts despite the fact that real-time info most of the time can be an exaggeration/false but they bear the brunt and no body is doing anything, news reporting by them was not so different than those ww3 articles, propaganda outlets from BBC etc. It's more like only systematic lie is allowed which leftist media and pakis have long history colluding with them.

Don't be too positive, i don't have much hope left in GOI or BJP in this regard, BJP is shiet tier in containing propaganda, should have known is after 2002 but delhi riots was another example, India sucks in pr/information warfare, it's few accounts who actually fought are getting tired, they are on the receiving end and no one is backing them, you don't build an ecosystem like that.
GOI can just bankroll college kids and f**kers will make whole Pakistanis cry, this is the power of bakchods, we know because we have seen but no one gives a shiet.
And let’s not forget how BBC assisted pak in this endeavour with their news report. high possibility BBC new report was submitted as valid proof.
If the same logic is applied to pak propaganda, 100% of India related debate video on pak news channels will have to be blocked on YouTube.
Thank you, i was surprised that forum members didn't point at this. This shows that foreign media companies are colluding with pakis and vice versa, bbc who regularly pelts anti-India narrative somehow published an article cherry-picking tweets to spread an agenda, this is not the first time but where our newspapers, even rw outlets? Did WION talked about it? Did Zee tv, republic or any other publish a half-decent report about it? No.
We seriously need to :
> Regulate all these SM f**kers, if they want to serve in India they should tend to our rules otherwise f**k off
> We need our own alternatives to these
> News channels, media outlets need serious reform, I expect atleast half-decent assessment about serious issues than their regular ramdi rona everyday...
> Information warfare wing, you don't need much to do, just create an agenda and throw some money at bored kids in college, f**kers will take down whole ISPR in a month along with their motor mouths. Our biggest advantage is free-space and large population, i hope GOI put it to good use.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
GOI is to blame, you gave away the biggest market for these companies for free? How can they be so dumb? GOI needs to get its shiet together and actually make it clear to twitter or sm that if they want to work in India they will have to conform to our rules, make them crawl for slightest of issues.

Dude, these are normal posters, it was after the hit pieces written by pakis in BBC twitter took action, so yes pakis are directly involved in banning these accounts despite the fact that real-time info most of the time can be an exaggeration/false but they bear the brunt and no body is doing anything, news reporting by them was not so different than those ww3 articles, propaganda outlets from BBC etc. It's more like only systematic lie is allowed which leftist media and pakis have long history colluding with them.

Don't be too positive, i don't have much hope left in GOI or BJP in this regard, BJP is shiet tier in containing propaganda, should have known is after 2002 but delhi riots was another example, India sucks in pr/information warfare, it's few accounts who actually fought are getting tired, they are on the receiving end and no one is backing them, you don't build an ecosystem like that.
GOI can just bankroll college kids and f**kers will make whole Pakistanis cry, this is the power of bakchods, we know because we have seen but no one gives a shiet.

Thank you, i was surprised that forum members didn't point at this. This shows that foreign media companies are colluding with pakis and vice versa, bbc who regularly pelts anti-India narrative somehow published an article cherry-picking tweets to spread an agenda, this is not the first time but where our newspapers, even rw outlets? Did WION talked about it? Did Zee tv, republic or any other publish a half-decent report about it? No.
We seriously need to :
> Regulate all these SM f**kers, if they want to serve in India they should tend to our rules otherwise f**k off
> We need our own alternatives to these
> News channels, media outlets need serious reform, I expect atleast half-decent assessment about serious issues than their regular ramdi rona everyday...
> Information warfare wing, you don't need much to do, just create an agenda and throw some money at bored kids in college, f**kers will take down whole ISPR in a month along with their motor mouths. Our biggest advantage is free-space and large population, i hope GOI put it to good use.
As long as desi OSINT community keep assuming that BJP & GoI is part of the solution, they will go nowhere in finding a solution, because they are wasting their energies on a moot point. in the first place BJP is a political party and has no role to play in this scenario, people assuming BJP is part of the equation are simply wasting their time without understanding the roles and responsibilities of each player in the game.

As far GoI is concerned, why would they get involved for anonymous social media accounts, especially when there is no such policy in place. we are not Pak.

Foreign anti-india western OSINT accounts are mostly liberals i.e democrats, when they got taken down they didn't blame Democrat party or U.S Govt, but focussed their entire energies on defaming Indian Govt during their ban period, even though GoI had nothing to do with their ban, there is no way they didn't know that.

Sure, Indian OSINT will have to find their own solution path, but no point wasting time on elements that are not part of the equation. OSINT is a niche area, let go of the maai-baap expectations.

Knowitall

As long as desi OSINT community keep assuming that BJP & GoI is part of the solution, they will go nowhere in finding a solution, because they are wasting their energies on a moot point. in the first place BJP is a political party and has no role to play in this scenario, people assuming BJP is part of the equation are simply wasting their time without understanding the roles and responsibilities of each player in the game.

As far GoI is concerned, why would they get involved for anonymous social media accounts, especially when there is no such policy in place. we are not Pak.

Foreign anti-india western OSINT accounts are mostly liberals i.e democrats, when they got taken down they didn't blame Democrat party or U.S Govt, but focussed their entire energies on defaming Indian Govt during their ban period, even though GoI had nothing to do with their ban, there is no way they didn't know that.

Sure, Indian OSINT will have to find their own solution path, but no point wasting time on elements that are not part of the equation. OSINT is a niche area, let go of the maai-baap expectations.
Respectfully disagree here.

BJP and GOI are part of the solution. Bjp is a political party true but as a party in power it is its duty to protect the country from malicious news and attacks. The burden of maintaining the image of India also falls on them only.

If govt is not part of this then why does China US ME Russia Israel and Europe invest in this if this is not supposed to be part of the equation.

The way should have framed your answer was they are a part of the equation but they are oblivious to their role in this domain.

Countries around the world are spending millions in propaganda warfare. All these are not fools information warfare is a battlefield where every major country is investing.

The govt role should be to suppress anti-India propaganda and punish those who do so.

But since they are not doing that the least they can do is create a network which can serve to counter this.

These few twitter accounts no matter how bad or good need to be propped or atleast kept alive as they are responding to anti-India rhetoric.

In a ideal scenario the govt should have been developing a network of thousands of bots and social media users in media platform to help spread and sustain the RW moment in India.

If they can't do that the least they can do is keep the existing networks safe.

I personally am no fan of them but what they are doing should be appreciated.

FalconZero

Country flag

The previous comment was a convergence of two issues OSINT + Information war.

> Why BJP is being blamed?
Because they are in power, GOI, they are not taking actions against blatant propaganda, no cyber warfare wing nothing....This is the issue with GOI.
Interests and work of BJP are intertwined with India/Hindus right now, during Anti-hindu riots in Delhi, it was Indian Hindus who were blamed within India but outside it was shown as India doing pogrom, and BJP could neither defend it's MLA nor GOI could clarify or handle the saheen bagh situation, information part.

> We are not Pak?
Yes are not doesn't mean we should not look after our national interests, data is new oil everyone says that but what has GOI lead by BJP done about protection free flow of oil outside India? Nothing. My only issue is why we are allowing the companies SM to pelt one-sided propaganda, blatant anti-India propaganda, from BBC to handles like Swine, etc. etc.
How come BBC and likes of Al-jazeera were given free hand to pelt propaganda against India/Hindus but likes of Sudarshan news were made to crawl and give up? Why this bias?
You either give free hand to all the sides or stay mum.

> Agree with OSINT part to much extent, we need more of them, more people in defense to propagate information of all sorts but we also have to do something about the witch hunt that is going on against them, one-sided witch hunt rn which can be if GOI wanted can be reduced or limited if we tried leveraging our biggest in the free-world userbase.

> One of the reason i am stressing on religion because be west or pakis or any other else, it's one of the best way to propagate an agenda, rn Hindus are being targetted in India, whites in USA so on, to counter this GOI at least try to create an equal ground, if propaganda is coming from international players then it can be countered in similar fashion, for internal politics BJP will have to feed it's own people + rw ecosystem will have to fight their own but at least a common equal ground should be there.

> Last point i still think we need to overhaul our media, be it left or right they are not adding anything of value which can be beneficial to the nation.

> One more point, one of the way to counter foreign sm is by promoting our own Indian alternative, it can be achieved, we are 1/5th of the whole Human Population on Earth, if we can meet our own demands then it in itself will be a big win, we need another 'green-revolution' type scenario in 'information-technology' area.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Respectfully disagree here.

BJP and GOI are part of the solution. Bjp is a political party true but as a party in power it is its duty to protect the country from malicious news and attacks. The burden of maintaining the image of India also falls on them only.

If govt is not part of this then why does China US ME Russia Israel and Europe invest in this if this is not supposed to be part of the equation.

The way should have framed your answer was they are a part of the equation but they are oblivious to their role in this domain.

Countries around the world are spending millions in propaganda warfare. All these are not fools information warfare is a battlefield where every major country is investing.

The govt role should be to suppress anti-India propaganda and punish those who do so.

But since they are not doing that the least they can do is create a network which can serve to counter this.

These few twitter accounts no matter how bad or good need to be propped or atleast kept alive as they are responding to anti-India rhetoric.

In a ideal scenario the govt should have been developing a network of thousands of bots and social media users in media platform to help spread and sustain the RW moment in India.

If they can't do that the least they can do is keep the existing networks safe.

I personally am no fan of them but what they are doing should be appreciated.
Sure, no disagreement here.
Ok, Let me extend my argument. As things stand today, our OSINT chaps are pioneers as far as india is concerned who are battling a well established and well funded foreign intelligence agency in this case ISI.

Sure Indian OSINT fans are shouting on top of their lungs, but how does it make sense when the people they are shouting at didn't have any prior agreements or understanding between them. This is like one fine morning some chap keeps banging on my front door and starts shouting at me , because his tyre got punctured in front of my house.

But yes, it's been couple of years since OSINT have established themselves in India, some one in Indian security establishment should have taken notice. flip side of this argument is that, Indian OSINT have not presented a value proposition thru their past activities for GoI to making such an commitment. it's for Indian OSINT to have a relook at their strategy, may be "we will copy what paki funded bots are doing" strategy is not a strong enough value proposition.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Regarding the comments above that BJP is responsible for supporting OSINT endeavour, I’d say if there is such an expectation and BJP ends up getting involved, then BJP will end up having the same fate of congress sooner or later.

One of the reason congress became so powerful in the past is because people didn’t bother to distinguish between a political party and a elected government, people made congress party a maai baap of their daily lives and we are seeing the results now in the name of secularism, RTE etc. once you let a political party becomes maai baap of your lives, the party will soon reach its hubris and the eventual downside.

So solutions should be found without getting any political party involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DFIlite DFIlite twitter OSINT post OSINT 22
Haldilal OSINT Images Contribution Members Corner 69
Haldilal DFI OSINT Images Contribution. OSINT 8
H OSINT compilation thread Knowledge Repository 54