Opinion

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A lot of us have out in great efforts to make DFI what it is today. Government has regulations in place to pull up sites for various reasons including spreading hate, violence or creating disharmony. I am sure like me, many others who have put in a lot of effort over the years would not like DFI to be banned.

1) request members to be under control.
2) if you have a compulsion to do all of the above, don't do it behind the mask of pseudonyms. Provide DFI staff with your real name and address so that if ever DFI is pulled up by authorities, we can provide them with the details. I am sure those who indulge in such behavior online, will have the balls to face authorities in real life too.

Whatever it is, the interest of the forum is paramount for staff and more important the owner who has spent a lot of money to keep this forum afloat through very tough times.

I

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Regarding point 2...sharab ki bottle neche rakh de.

Its never going to happen.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am just guessing here, but DFI must be way, way down on the list of sites GOI may be watching.

In any case, "A word to the wise is sufficient."

amitkriit

Do not worry, just go and read the comments on TOI on the article related to the violence in Mumbai. Opinions on DFI are not even 1% as radical as those posted on the article. In worst case GOI will just ask you to tear down those specific threads, nothing more.

Zebra

Country flag
A lot of us have out in great efforts to make DFI what it is today. Government has regulations in place to pull up sites for various reasons including spreading hate, violence or creating disharmony. I am sure like me, many others who have put in a lot of effort over the years would not like DFI to be banned.
A request, please post those material here from DFI.

So that it can give some kind of idea which are the trouble maker posts.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
GoI will only care about posts targeting the Congress party. I don't think they give a damn about anything else.

If you have specific requests for takedown, please share it in private with the member concerned or give them a warning. Public appeals are good and all, but since the message is not targeted at any individual, no one may pay heed to it.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Delete the posts which incite hatred, disharmony and violence, do the mod and admin job. That's it!

I would rather like to see the strict DFI of old days which even used to warn members for using the term 'Paki' for Pakistanis !

Tolaha

I am just guessing here, but DFI must be way, way down on the list of sites GOI may be watching.

In any case, "A word to the wise is sufficient."
For GOI to be hounding DFI for the posts being made here, it had to be a very responsible organisation. But if it was that responsible, most of these comments wouldn't have been made anyway.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Unfortunately, this is the prevailing mood after the incidents of the last 2 days. Go to any newspaper comments section or other blogs that deal with Indian news and current affairs, this is the kind of stuff you will see. These things have enraged the middle class of the country.

Anyway, like others have mentioned, the stuff on DFI is absolutely nothing compared to what you will see in places like the ToI comments section.

Reactions: sob

Sunder singh

Delete the posts which incite hatred, disharmony and violence, do the mod and admin job. That's it!

I would rather like to see the strict DFI of old days which even used to warn members for using the term 'Paki' for Pakistanis !
haan bhai chauhan is rite few time we just go inflow of hate spreeding threads

srikanth

1) request members to be under control.
2) if you have a compulsion to do all of the above, don't do it behind the mask of pseudonyms. Provide DFI staff with your real name and address so that if ever DFI is pulled up by authorities, we can provide them with the details. I am sure those who indulge in such behavior online, will have the balls to face authorities in real life too.

Whatever it is, the interest of the forum is paramount for staff and more important the owner who has spent a lot of money to keep this forum afloat through very tough times.

I
How do we know that you won't do those things and give out addresses of innocent members who provided their addresses?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I totally agree that there should be calm.

But I expect the govt to act and not give merely silly and idiotic hackneyed nonsense of maintaining calm and harmony, when in the first place they themselves are responsible for the chaotic state of this country!

They have divided the country, not only on religious faultlines, but also on caste fault lines.

Dr Mickey Manmohan and gang of politicians of all hues, heal thyself and then talk!

I am very clear about all this - we are all Indians.

No special privileges to anyone.

Let the Govt not divide us into compartments kissing their feet for illegal and unwarranted favours.

Where The Mind Is Without Fear

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls

Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake