on-equal-terms-with-chinese-on-pangong

badguy2000

Respected Member
a very funny blog.....such a blog is always more true than BBC-style report.....

I think that India babus should provide some necessary decent toys to its jawans,when they pocket the money of Indian taxpayers...

on-equal-terms-with-chinese-on-pangong.html

Broadsword: On equal terms with the Chinese on the Pangong Lake
By Ajai Shukla
GRSE, Kolkata
Business Standard, 18th Sept 09

Indian soldiers, who patrolled the stunningly beautiful Pangong Tso Lake in Ladakh, rarely got the opportunity to enjoy the scenery. As their vintage assault boats approached the Line of Actual Control with China (two thirds of the 134-kilometer long lake is under Chinese control) sleek Chinese speedboats would surge towards them, turning sharply away at the last minute to strike a glancing blow that rocked the Indian boats.

Indian soldiers were sometimes thrown out of their boats by the impact, but they had to bear the indignity. Since 1993, when China and India signed an Agreement on Peace and Tranquillity, not a shot has been fired on the LAC.

To restrain the Chinese boat-bumpers, India equipped its lake patrols a couple of years back with bigger, more rugged, army assault boats. But, even if the bumping stopped, the Chinese boats still ran rings around the Indians.

Now, the Pangong Tso playing field will become more level. The army will soon patrol in modern, indigenously-built Fast Interceptor Boats (FIBs) that can travel faster than the Chinese boats, while carrying 16 fully equipped jawans to respond to a crisis.

Rear Admiral KC Sekhar, Chairman and Managing Director of the public sector Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata, confirmed to Business Standard, “We have received a Request for Proposal (RfP) from the army. They want 17 FIBs for deployment in a high altitude, extreme cold environment. We have prepared a design which we hope will be accepted.”

Sources in the army confirm that the boats will be deployed on the Pangong Tso.

GRSE is offering the army a modified version of the 12-tonne FIB it is building for the Home Ministry. Built of glass-reinforced plastic (GRP), and capable of a scorching 38 knots (70 kmph), these FIBs were designed by Greek shipbuilder, Motomarine. GRSE bought this design, along with that of a smaller 5-tonne FIB, for building 78 such boats by September 2010 for coastal police forces of states along the Bay of Bengal. Goa Shipyard Limited is simultaneously building the same boats for the Arabian Sea coast.

GRSE’s Deputy General Manager (Design), JN Roy, says the army’s requirements are specific, but they can be quickly met. “These boats must be capable of operating in a bitterly cold, high-altitude environment, unlike the humid tropical climate of the coast. [The Pangong Tso is at 13,900 feet] The army boats also need higher endurance, allowing them to remain on station longer. And finally, we will build a cabin for the 16 soldiers on each boat, providing protection from the weather as well as from small arms fire.”

Meanwhile, the army is wondering where they can hold trials for the FIBs; conveying them all the way to Pangong Tso would involve too much expense and effort.

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, I am reading the comments on the blog....
those comments are very funny....

it seems that those Indian commenters are always very angry with the mudleheaded Indian babus too ....................:)

Flint

Such arrogance in mundane things can only stem from a deep-seated inferiority complex. Sorry.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Well, we don't need speedboats to patrol a lake that has armaments on both sides anyway.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
badguy ok fine our ships wont float while your's will fly

Country flag
Badguy good job finding this blog, it happens to be one of my favorites, Ajai Shukla is a military man what he is doing is pointing out some a area of weaknesses but nothing major,it dosen't mean the whole service suffers from this.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Badguy good job find this blog, it happens to be one of my favorites, Ajai Shukla is a military man what he is doing is pointing out some a area of weaknesses but nothing major,it dosen't mean the whole service suffers from this.
well, another chinese found the blog and posted it on a chinese forum.....I find it very interesting ,so I tranlated it into chinese .....:stinker:

anyhow, it is a good window to study the mentality of Indians.....

study your rivals before you want to defeat it....

BTW,the stupid CCP blocks the blog, so, I have to use proxy to surf the blog.........

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
well, another chinese found the blog and posted it on a chinese forum.....I find it very interesting ,so I tranlated it into chinese .....:stinker:

anyhow, it is a good window to study the mentality of Indians.....

You want to study the mentality of an Indian then it is too hard for you to judge them. They are usually rants. First study the top brass of the army and their mentality because that counts...not what an ordinary Indian thinks...

Rage

DFI TEAM

Which is precisely what we are doing, hence the purpose of this blog. Therefore while you're sniveling and jeering at your speedboats 'bumping' ours ROFLMAO LOLOLOL, we give our 'babus' a healthy kick in the shins and ensure things are brought up to par. Which is why the 17 FIB's being deployed in the high altitude north-east have a 'scorching' speed of 38 knots- interestingly either comparable to or better than most Chinese patrolboats in the same weight/size category- including the 12.8m Qingdao Bestyear patrolboat with its 35kn speed or the 13m patrol boat with its speed of 32kn by the same company.

Rage

DFI TEAM
well, I am reading the comments on the blog....
those comments are very funny....

it seems that those Indian commenters are always very angry with the mudleheaded Indian babus too ....................:)

ROFL, what's even funnier are the comments on this blog:

http://www.centurychina.com/plaboard/

Interestingly, some of them came here to get a peek like the true gutter-rats they are and satisfy their 'injun-obsession'.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Which is precisely what we are doing, hence the purpose of this blog. Therefore while you're sniveling and jeering at your speedboats 'bumping' ours ROFLMAO LOLOLOL, we give our 'babus' a healthy kick in the shins and ensure things are brought up to par. Which is why the 17 FIB's being deployed in the high altitude north-east have a 'scorching' speed of 38 knots- interestingly either comparable to or better than most Chinese patrolboats in the same weight/size category- including the 12.8m Qingdao Bestyear patrolboat with its 35kn speed or the 13m patrol boat with its speed of 32kn by the same company.
PLS don't make a great fuss over a trifle.

such a speedborad or "FIB" indeed is not a big deal with any high-tech...

even many ill-equipped village workshops in Pearl Riave Delta can work out :stinker:it....

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Well ctrl+C is easy for the PRC now we Know that

Rage

DFI TEAM
PLS don't make a great fuss over a trifle.

such a speedborad or "FIB" indeed is not a big deal with any high-tech...

even many ill-equipped village workshops in Pearl Riave Delta can work out :stinker:it....

Evidently the "fuss" is being made by you.

Plenty of companies on the Indian backwaters of Kerala in Allapuzha can manufacture commercial "speedborads" too. :stinker:

What's more than "trifling" though, is that most of your speed patrolboats either elsewhere or in the region can reach a maximum speed of 32 or 35 kilonauts. Surely, you know where that leaves you.

badguy2000

Respected Member

badguy2000

Respected Member
such small WIG craft can fly at a speed of hundreds of miles/per hour and hold about one dozen soidlers.
they are not expensive and are very fit for border patrol

Koji

I've never seen a water-borne aircraft in that kind of configuration or shape before! Interesting find..

badguy2000

Respected Member
Is that a ground effect aircraft? I didn't know that any were operational.
See Ground effect in aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
yes, WIG craft is ground effect aircraft.

Soviets/russia is the leader of the tech . Soviet could make global biggest ground effect aircraft .such WIG craft could hold hundreds of soldiers and several tanks to lauch amphibious attack at a speed of hundreds of miles /per hour.

China developed ground effects aircrafts mainly in order to deal with Taiwan issues.....
But China still could not make WIG craft as big as Russia's yet.

here was the "Caspian Monster" made by Soviet in 1982.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
yes, WIG craft is ground effect aircraft.

Soviets/russia is the leader of the tech . Soviet could make global biggest ground effect aircraft .such WIG craft could hold hundreds of soldiers and several tanks to lauch amphibious attack at a speed of hundreds of miles /per hour.

China developed ground effects aircrafts mainly in order to deal with Taiwan issues.....
But China still could not make WIG craft as big as Russia's yet.

here was the "Caspian Monster" made by Soviet in 1982.
Ekranoplan and the Lun.....I still wonder why they canceled those projects.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Ekranoplan and the Lun.....I still wonder why they canceled those projects.
simplely Russia can not afford it any more....:dfi-1:
R&D activities is money-burnning.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles