Official-authorized Leak: "Chinese first Phased Array Radar finished in 2008"

badguy2000

Respected Member
2008年,具有完全自主知识产权的相控阵火控雷达,在圆满完成了某飞机的验证试飞后,雷电院向部队机关和集团公司做了汇报,在军方引起了强烈反响,并受到军方各级领导的高度关注。空军景文春副司令专程到无锡了解情况、听完汇报后说:“当初×代机立项时,我有两点担忧,一是发动机问题,二是相控阵雷达问题。今天看来,雷达问题已经解决了,我们已经有了自己的相控阵雷达”。空军首长和空装首长的关注,给了雷电院极大鼓舞和鞭策。该项目在完成它机验证试飞后,原国防科工委在北京组织召开了成果鉴定会,与会专家在认真了解试飞情况后给与了高度评价:“相控阵雷达研制,开创了国内机载火控雷达的新纪元,填补了国内X波段相控阵火控雷达的空白,为我国×代机的研制打下了坚实基础,标志着我国第×代战斗机提升战斗力的时机已经到来”。此项目还荣获该年度国家国防科技成果一等奖
´´Ð³¬Ô½´Ù·¢Õ¹--¼ÇÖк½¹¤ÒµÀ×µçÔº³¤ÕÅÀ¥»Ô_ÐÐÒµ¾«Ó¢_Öйúº½¿ÕÐÂÎÅÍø
the leak is posted on Aviationnow.cn,a official website. the article mainly is used to praise a outstanding chinese scientist working for a cetain chinese military complex.but some sections of the article leaks some interesting casesa about the development of chinese PAR (Phased Array Rader).

here is my translation

In 2008, a PAR(Phased array radar) with full proprietary intelectual property right finished all test-flights ,then IRE(Institute of radar and electronics) reported the case to the higher authorities. the case attracted full attention from the leaders of PLA.

General Jin Wenchun, the Deputy commander of PLAAF came to Wuxi city and learn about the case. After hearing the detailed report there, the genenal said :
" When the X aircraft project got approval , I once got worried about two cases: one was the engine, the other was the radar. judging from the report today, the problem of the radar now has been solved."
The attention from the top leaders of PLAAF encourge the institute very much. After all test-flghts were finished, a evaluation meetings of the radar was held in Beijing. All experts present in the meeting sang high praise of the rader:
" the finish of the phased array radar created the new era of chinese indigenous aircraft fire-controll radar and filled up the gap in the field. it also fix a consolidated base for CHinese X aircraft project. It is a milestone that the time to impove the capacity of PLA X generation aircraft has come!" the Radar got honored with the First Prize of CHinese National Defence Scientific and Technical Payoffs.

badguy2000

Respected Member
In 2008, a PAR(Phased array radar) with full proprietary intelectual property right finished all test-flights ,then IRE(Institute of radar and electronics) reported the case to the higher authorities. the case attracted full attention from the leaders of PLA.

General Jin Wenchun, the Deputy commander of PLAAF came to Wuxi city and learn about the case. After hearing the detailed report there, the genenal said :
" When the X aircraft project got approval , I once got worried about two cases: one was the engine, the other was the radar. judging from the report today, the problem of the radar now has been solved."
The attention from the top leaders of PLAAF encourge the institute very much. After all test-flghts were finished, a evaluation meetings of the radar was held in Beijing. All experts present in the meeting sang high praise of the rader:
" the finish of the phased array radar created the new era of chinese indigenous aircraft fire-controll radar and filled up the gap in the field. it also fix a consolidated base for CHinese X aircraft project. It is a milestone that the time to impove the capacity of PLA X generation aircraft has come!"

the Radar got honored with the First Prize of CHinese National Defence Scientific and Technical Payoffs.
here is my digestions of the offically authorized leak:
1. the engine and the rader once were the two tech barriers of CHinese 5G bird ,J-X project.
but now the problem of Radar has be sovled ,with the finish of the Phased array rader.

2. the phased array radar is not only the necessary radar of PLA's J-X projects,but also the optional radar for the upgrade plans of PLA's 4G birds in service, such as J11 and J10.

it also fix a consolidated base for CHinese X aircraft project. It is a milestone that the time to impove the capacity of PLA X generation aircraft has come!"

ppgj

please do post the tech details of the PAR. if what the article says is right, even if it is basic AESA radar, then it is good beginning for china.

badguy2000

Respected Member
please do post the tech details of the PAR. if what the article says is right, even if it is basic AESA radar, then it is good beginning for china.
well, guy ,that is all....officially-authorized leaks always have no details but a lots of "X project" ,"X aircraft"....

p2prada

I would hold on to my hats even now.

Anyways, the article does not mention if it's AESA or PESA. Phased array applies to both.

It would need official confirmation, until then it remains China's Area 51.

badguy2000

Respected Member
I would hold on to my hats even now.

Anyways, the article does not mention if it's AESA or PESA. Phased array applies to both.

It would need official confirmation, until then it remains China's Area 51.
I think it should be AESA...PESA is too outdated to any 5G bird that J-X will not opt for PESA.

p2prada

I think it should be AESA...PESA is too outdated to any 5G bird that J-X will not opt for PESA.

We can't keep thinking based on assumptions on a flimsy report. It could be either one.

Martian

Respected Member
China already has AESA radars on the 052C destroyers and KJ-2000 AWACS. Is the technical achievement in the shrinking of the (assumed?) AESA radar for a fighter jet?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles