NRIs and Indian brotherhood

Chittorgarh Valour

As per wishes...a thread to discuss ways to improve the bond between NRIs and Indians. By NRI I mean people who are born abroad and lived there with little actual connection with India. I myself belong in this category. I see myself as British Indian but India is my spiritual home and heart.

We can discuss negatives and positives from our POV about each group. I suggested dual nationality but was rightly told that it's a security threat. I still say make the OCI more easy to obtain and have schemes for NRI to see some places over there in delhi/mumbai. Including hotel, tour guide, chance to meet locals e.t.c. Not everyone is lucky to have family in India like me. I know things like this probably exist but better advertisement would promote it more.

As Modiji said, NRIs are similar to foreign Ambassadors. A better bond will help us all in many ways. Shashi Tharoor always says British schools must do more to educate British Indians on their history and I agree with this, there simply was nothing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles