Not possible for US to attack Pak nuclear weapons: Musharraf

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has said that thecountry's nuclear weapons are very hard targets and can never be attacked by the United States."I don't think it is possible from my purely military perspective for anyone, including the United States, to attack them that easily," Musharraf told Fareed Zakaria of the CNN in an interview."They are very well dispersed and they in very strong positions and also guarded. So, therefore, I don't think it's as simple as Osama bin Laden action or one point action, which is a soft target. This is a very hard target. These are very hard targets. And in places which are not accessible," he said.Musharraf said that Pakistan's nuclear weapons are demated."As far as this mating and de-mating is concerned, they are all de-mated. I think even when we had a confrontation with India, we never mated the weapons, and I don't think India did. Because we have conventional strength to meet the challenges of war, so we don't have to go unconventional right away. So therefore they are never mated," he said.Responding to questions, Musharraf alleged the Afghan President Hamid Karzai has refused to accept Pakistan's offer of training its security personnel."I have been bending backwards for Afghanistan. I have been bending backwards, asking President Karzai, we opened out all our training institutions free of cost. Come to Pakistan and we'll train you. Not one has come," he claimed.Musharraf said he still does not trust Karzai even if he recently said that Afghanistan would support Pakistan in the event of a US-Pak war.
Not possible for US to attack Pak nuclear weapons: Musharraf : Americas News - India Today

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Binary nuclear weapons. That is interesting.

lcatejas

Musharraf " Dhobi ka kutta na gahr ka na ghat ka " rassi jal gai par bal nahi gaya ....:laugh:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
He has said this before as well. Why is he saying the same thing again and again?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Does Musharaff know what he is doing with this statement? He is undermining the core objective of its nuclear deterrence. By claiming that their nuclear weapons are "demated" during peace times he is implying that Pakistan's nuclear weapons are always on "standby" as opposed to "ready" mode. He's indeed crazy...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Does Musharaff know what he is doing with this statement? He is undermining the core objective of its nuclear deterrence. By claiming that their nuclear weapons are "demated" during peace times he is implying that Pakistan's nuclear weapons are always on "standby" as opposed to "ready" mode. He's indeed crazy...
Its common knowledge that the nukes of India, Pakistan and even china are demated. Increases the survive-ability.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Okay. Then Indian and Paki nuclear strategy is based on first strike capability. Demated nuclear weapons are second to useless as retaliatory strike assets since it takes time to mate, arm and lunch them. As far as I know Russian and US nuclear deterence assets are always on 24-hour readiness. (My 2 cents on the matter)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Okay. Then Indian and Paki nuclear strategy is based on first strike capability. Demated nuclear weapons are second to useless as retaliatory strike assets since it takes time to mate, arm and lunch them. As far as I know Russian and US nuclear deterence assets are always on 24-hour readiness. (My 2 cents on the matter)
No its not. India is a second strike doctrine or retaliatory as its put. Soviets and US maintained hair trigger alert during cold war and that is why even a small mistake in perception would have meant a catastrophe.

Chinese nuclear submarine does not go on patrol with SLBMs with nuke warheads. This is for your information.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles