North East Security Watch

blackleaf

Country flag
I'm very worried about the state ending up like the Myanmar states across the border. Even if we crush all the ethnic militias we would still need to get the different ethnic groups to get along in order for the state to function. With all the fighting that has taken place I can't see how the Meiteis and Kukis can exist together in one state.
Is there any chance for a return to normalcy?

tomthounaojam

Country flag
I'm very worried about the state ending up like the Myanmar states across the border. Even if we crush all the ethnic militias we would still need to get the different ethnic groups to get along in order for the state to function. With all the fighting that has taken place I can't see how the Meiteis and Kukis can exist together in one state.
Trust deficit will be there for some time, however, it is not possible. I mean other NE states have many tribals living together. We need some pundits to come up with solutions that don't alienate everyone, it will be a herculean task but need to be done, "you win some, you lose some".

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Gun is no problem in Manipur, if you have the money you can buy just about any gun from the world, don't be surprised if you see FN SCAR type rifles in the future.
Hey bro I have a question. Which tribe is Chikim and their position in this Kuki-Meitei conflict?

Cheran

Country flag

1685340931214.png

1685340967043.png

1685340979779.png

There has to be a compromise. But who will be ready?

Will Meiteis say no to ST demand? I dont think so.

Will Kukis accept high court decision to grant ST status to Meiteis? I dont think so.

Will Kukis accept huge increase in demography in hill areas? I dont think so.

Will Mizoram expel suspected militants who crossed over from Chin province? I dont think so.

It will take compromises from all sides & good negotiations.

Hoping for peace ASAP.

tomthounaojam

Country flag

View attachment 207847

View attachment 207848

View attachment 207849

There has to be a compromise. But who will be ready?

Will Meiteis say no to ST demand? I don't think so. Meitei can pause ST demand and ask to implement NRC, but Kukis will vehemently will say "no" to it

Will Kukis accept high court decision to grant ST status to Meiteis? I dont think so. The high court can't grant it is only the President of the Union of India, which can grant such status.

Will Kukis accept huge increase in demography in hill areas? I don't think so. If there is demographic change then the chances of the Kuki homeland go away.

Will Mizoram expel suspected militants who crossed over from Chin province? I don't think so. Yeah, to them they are their own people, like prosecuted section.

It will take compromises from all sides & good negotiations. Yes, but it is a very tricky one.

Hoping for peace ASAP.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
they are bird of same flock. in india parsis, jews and cristians oten find common round with malsis
Perhaps, don't know much about Parsis.
What percent of each of them.
Are all of them supporters of this or are there any moderate kukis?
No, idea mate. Finding moderate from each side at this juncture will be hard, both sides are emotionally very charged.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Watching Manipur tells me that there's exactly 0% chance of India taking POK.

Kukis are at best 20% of Manipur which has a total population of 30 Lakh.

Indian state under Amit Shah can't even deal with 6 Lakh Kukis.
Yeah, that is my conundrum also, why 20% is taking 50% hostage?

AnantS

Country flag

Army is going all hammer and tongs against imported immigrants. Myanmar shall be cooperating with India on the same. 30-40 have been shot dead. My inkling is once the whole ops is done, they shall be burning opium grown on grabbed forest land.

Vinash

Country flag
Yeah, that is my conundrum also, why 20% is taking 50% hostage?
What's stronger?

1 fist or 5 fingers?

Also, Kukis + Nagas although 40% of the population have rights to 90% of land in Manipur as they are tribals.

Meiteis are confined to 10% of Manipur land.

Vinash

Country flag
Army is going all hammer and tongs against imported immigrants. Myanmar shall be cooperating with India on the same. 30-40 have been shot dead. My inkling is once the whole ops is done, they shall be burning opium grown on grabbed forest land.
I'll believe it when I see it.

This is a golden opportunity to teach the Kuki terrorists a lesson that they don't forget.

But, I'd still say that Gov will agree to peace deal the moment Kukis propose it and Kukis will propose it if they see that they can't achieve their goals.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Tbh NE militants are one of the most hard-core next to OG talivan and Chechnya.

Vinash

Country flag
Tbh NE militants are one of the most hard-core next to OG talivan and Chechnya.
Level the Kuki militant villages if you don't want to risk soldiers on the ground.

But, I guess our leadership's morality comes into play to use such tactics.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
From the screeching I'm hearing from from Manipuris, they're making it seem like GOI is erasing them with help of Meiteis😂

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles