North East Security Watch

abingdonboy

Country flag
In a civilised country with rule of law no one can be above it. Mistakes will always be made and actions have a right to be judged

Let the truth come out but botched ambushes happen, no point in trying to hide from it or excuse it just because you side with the uniformed services.

glad to see the civilian establishment is taking it seriously and not seeking to cover it up.

That one of the SF guys died during the aftermath shows a lot went wrong here on many levels.

another reason I want to see CAPFs upgraded and trained better so they can take over all these internal duties from the military. It’s not a good look to have soldiers used on your own soil and these kind of incidents erode the faith in the institution.

Photon

Country flag
some NE portals reporting total death reached to 17 so far. Before indian medias started reporting it, a turkish anti india daily reported it in morning

Vinash

Country flag
Trace missionary activities wherever Naxals operate. You will understand what is actually happening there.

Also note that India's mineral wealth is stored in such regions.
I've thought about this a lot but I think the statement "Correlation does not imply causation" applies here.

1) Naxalism can only thrive in dense forests.

2) Dense forests also tend to be the areas with mineral wealth.

3) Tribals are also people who are the easiest to brainwash into a new religion.

I don't think it's some masterplan to stop India from accessing mineral wealth.

Jimih

Country flag
View attachment 123335

Naga outfits virtually run a parallel government & collect "taxes" - This was something i read some years back. Might still be the case in far off or remote areas may be urban centers as well.

Very bad day.
Very Possible. Either civilians were switched, Or used as shields (which I earlier mentioned) Or NSCN(K) themselves killed them in order to blame the Forces.

Problem with GoI and Indian Military is the failure to communicate. They get quickly bogged down under pressure and issues senseless statements to media.

SavageKing456

Country flag
This happened very well within our Borders
My theory is that, A Local source of Assam Rifles was compromised, either by Insurgent groups themselves, or by ((((((foreign agencies)))))) I'm using that term very carefully here

This was a military failure, if political Groups are using it for brownie points going forward, you can be sure it was (((((foreign agencies)))))

It is about time Forces reduce the reliance on HUMINT and increase ELINT/SIGINT/Drone surveillance

Edit: If it flares out of control, expect another sAarJikal StrAaiK and Media Mahotsav by Mudi Ji for Local Consumption
Incidents like these happen
US had accurate intelligence,yet civilians in Afghanistan got killed by drone strike

angryIndian

Country flag
Non-Hindu regions only.

Almost all of India's internal conflicts are to do with religion except Naxalism.
Wonder what do you have to say about ULFA and it's rank and files or the Meiti Insurgents running hell in Manipur,many of whom are Bishnupriya Manipuri ?

Conflict in North East is more of ethnic than religious one......

Vinash

Country flag
Wonder what do you have to say about ULFA and it's rank and files or the Meiti Insurgents running hell in Manipur,many of whom are Bishnupriya Manipuri ?

Conflict in North East is more of ethnic than religious one......
Read my post again "slowly"

Almost all of India's internal conflicts are to do with religion except Naxalism.

not so dravidian

Country flag
This is the reason conversion is only rampant at coastal areas, our thorium is being smuggled from coastal areas of Tamil Nadu, police , politicians, everone involved in this
Bro , I have always thought of this as a myth.
@Jimih bro cud u throw more weight on this, since u r in construction business

@Holy Triad @Tupac slayer bro can anyone of u tell the history of this to members

Vayuputra

Country flag

@Holy Triad @Tupac slayer bro can anyone of u tell the history of this to members
It's true bro,it is the biggest scam likes of which we have never witnessed, nambinarayan arrest everything is linked to this scam

ladder

Country flag
Don't draw conclusions with a very few facts that has come out.
Similarly, in Kashmir when civilians in Maruti 800 (or Alto?) were shot, when they jumped multiple check posts, many things were speculated.
No soldier can be prosecuted just to placate the civilian or press/ media if he has followed SOP and acted in a bona-fide manner.

Jimih

Country flag
The beach sands of Tamil Nadu and Kerala are rich in several heavy minerals such as ilmenite, rutile, leucoxene, garnet, sillimanite, zircon and monazite. These minerals are used in several industries from steel and electronics to jewellery and ceramics. Monazite, however, contains Thorium, a nuclear fuel of much interest.

It was illegal to mine these rare earth heavy minerals until recently; the only entity allowed to do so was the government owned Indian Rare Earths Limited (IERL). In October 1998, the government of India opened sand mining to private companies. This would be done on the basis of two licenses, one to mine the sand and another to handle nuclear materials.

The Thorium scam allegations make four claims:

1) A private company is exporting Thorium rich sand illegally.

2) Between 2002 and 2012, some tonnes of Monazite has gone missing.

3) The Monazite has not been returned by the private company to the DAE after mining for other minerals.

4) Only a gentleman’s agreement requires the private company to inform the government about how much Monazite they posses.

About the Conversion angle, Iam not sure.

Last edited:

Global Defence

Articles