North East Security Watch

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
You are reaching to conclusions without the details and throwing out combat/counter-insurgency jargon without investing time is different possibility.

There can be many scenarios. Some ambushes are time-bound and designed to contain the group before they cross certain boundaries.
This happened very well within our Borders
My theory is that, A Local source of Assam Rifles was compromised, either by Insurgent groups themselves, or by ((((((foreign agencies)))))) I'm using that term very carefully here

This was a military failure, if political Groups are using it for brownie points going forward, you can be sure it was (((((foreign agencies)))))
1638713380217.png

1638713404412.png

It is about time Forces reduce the reliance on HUMINT and increase ELINT/SIGINT/Drone surveillance

Edit: If it flares out of control, expect another sAarJikal StrAaiK and Media Mahotsav by Mudi Ji for Local Consumption

not so dravidian

Country flag
Obviously Ambushes are not blind, they meant be laid after precise inputs of Insurgent movements, either from Drones or Local sources

Intel was botched As fuck
Of course, I guess we had not faced any issue of this type. Maybe more refinement in ROE maybe needed

However, not only army but police too need non lethal bullets to deal with civilians in such cases.

I remember DRDO TBRL making plastic bullets, but what happened to that??
@Chinmoy @fire starter any idea about usage of plastic bullets

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Only if both the political groups have the same interests when it comes to national security like in US.

Dems and Repubs differ on domestic issues but when it comes to national security, both listen to deepstate.

That's not the case in India. Whatever good BJP might do will be revoked once traitorous Congress comes to power.
It is more to do with attention of central government, the tyranny of the distance, apathy and missing on ground Hindu order. The root cause of these insurgencies is change of the demographics to non-Hindu cults. Even if government acts, all the gains will be reversed. Any long-lasting peace in any region can be sustained if Hindus are socially, religiously and politically assertive and active.

Longer we experiment by trusting these cults with secularism, harder it will become for the state to have normal relations with its so-called diverse subjects.

Hindus must exert phenomena of trophic cascade in every diverse region otherwise state will keep losing it to their blackmail because the state is entangled on many fronts including geopolitics.

Brood Father

Country flag
My theory is that, A Local source of Assam Rifles was compromised, either by Insurgent groups themselves, or by ((((((foreign agencies)))))) I'm using that term very carefully here

This was a military failure, if political Groups are using it for brownie points going forward, you can be sure it was (((((foreign agencies)))))

It is about time Forces reduce the reliance on HUMINT and increase ELINT/SIGINT/Drone surveillance

Edit: If it flares out of control, expect another sAarJikal StrAaiK and Media Mahotsav by Mudi Ji for Local Consumption
Looks like something gone horribly wrong and unfortunately forces on ground will have to face the brunt of the locals.
All we can hope that things to die down soon and peace and normalcy returns ..
Local leaders should douse the anger rather than inflaming it. More leaders from Delhi needs to sent to Nagaland to oversee the development .

not so dravidian

Country flag

Frankly speaking me 2 wanted to put this theory

Guess wat Putin-Mudi meeting is tomorrow. But however without proper investigation we can't presume as we wish or we become like PDF.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Looks like something gone horribly wrong and unfortunately forces on ground will have to face the brunt of the locals.
All we can hope that things to die down soon and peace and normalcy returns ..
Local leaders should douse the anger rather than inflaming it. More leaders from Delhi needs to sent to Nagaland to oversee the development .
Frankly speaking me 2 wanted to put this theory

Guess wat Putin-Mudi meeting is tomorrow. But however without proper investigation we can't presume as we wish or we become like PDF.
The Challenge now would be to control media flare-up
It won't easy since most info is already out
Spin out of control and Ahsan Mudi loses brownie points

Although, I'm speculating here, expect The opposition parties going to the house of berieved families, maybe shedding a tear or two, provided it indeed goes on a media flare-up

Cut the internet FFS

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Although, I'm speculating here, expect The opposition parties going to the house of berieved families, maybe shedding a tear or two, provided it indeed goes on a media flare-up

Cut the internet FFS
I don't think locals will be relying on media reports, there are several communities in NE, and nearby countries which is the main cause for insurgency there. News will spread like a wildfire within these communities.

Brood Father

Country flag

Cut the internet FFS
Yes believe it or not .. opposition going to bereaved family houses does help a lot ..It changes the narrative from outright anti India stance to Anti party ..It does help to control the situation and gives administration the time it needs to calm the sentiments ..
I guess some efforts needs to be done ..If not politicians then some high ranking civilian or armed forces members should go to their houses and give in to thier soft/moderate demands ..

I am not worried about anti national media ..Nagaland is too far to get in limelight even in this age and time ..This story will die by tomorrow or day after ..
I am more concerned about the implications it will have on the ongoing peace process and insurgency in Nagaland

hit&run

Mod

We are not privy to details. The media is known to give one-sided stories. They are quoting each other and political reaction is on expected lines which also pressurise forces to give statements to save politician’s skin.

HUMANIT is gold standard of any counter-insurgency operations. Drones are just dumb surveillance toys that do not influence the call to attack a moving bus possibly having tangos with concealed weapons.

The comment on treachery of politicians and their daily drama has no bearing on tactile response or failure of it. The soldiers are fighting a dirty war and things can go wrong given they and their families get targeted. Only few weeks ago a decorated officer, his wife and teenage son was killed in the same region near the Myanmar border.
89D9087A-DF2C-4E20-9FE5-73BB8949BF4A.jpeg

The distance however is 500 KM apart but the point remains these incidents can not be avoided.

Show me stats of operations gone wrong all over the globe especially where countries are fighting asymmetrical wars and then compare it to Indian army’s record.

When USA killed an innocent family the day Afghanistan fall to Taliban they used same shopisticated drones you think will save us from so-called embarrassment. Isn't it? Where was that fictional discretion that you are talking about?
I don't care if people are going to moan over this incident and do their usual childish tantrum crying against BJP and portray a dark picture on Indian democracy or our forces.

These insurgencies have gone too far long. If you trust the democarcy that works very slow and endures both the mistakes and attacks to win the people back then there is no need to moan. Just be patient.

If you are against the democracy then a lot more collateral damage will happen. It means you should have thicker skin than above.

If you do not understand either of the paradox then you are just a cry baby or a fraud wasting everyone’s time.

Last edited:

Jimih

Country flag
We are not privy to details. The media is known to give one-sided stories. They are quoting each other and political reaction is on expected lines which also pressurise forces to give statements to save politician’s skin.

HUMANIT is gold standard of any counter-insurgency operations. Drones are just dumb surveillance toys that do not influence the call to attack a moving bus possibly having tangos with concealed weapons.

The comment on treachery of politicians and their daily drama has no bearing on tactile response or failure of it. The soldiers are fighting a dirty war and things can go wrong given they and their families get targeted. Only few weeks ago a decorated officer, his wife and teenage son was killed in the same region near the Myanmar border.
View attachment 123321

The distance however is 500 KM apart but the point remains these incidents can not be avoided.

Show me stats of operations gone wrong all over the globe especially where countries are fighting asymmetrical wars and then compare it to Indian army’s record. When USA killed an innocent family the day Afghanistan fall to Taliban they used same shopisticated drones you think will save us from so-called embarrassment. Isn't it. Where was that fictional discretion that you are talking about?
I don't care if people are going to moan over this incident and do their usual childish tantrum crying against BJP and portray a dark picture on Indian democracy or our forces.

These insurgencies have gone too far long. If you trust the democarcy that works very slow and endures both the mistakes and attacks to win the people back then there is no need to moan. Just be patient.

If you are against the democracy then a lot more collateral damage will happen. It means you should have thicker skin than above.

If you do not understand either of the paradox then you are just a cry baby or a fraud wasting everyone’s time.

At this point Civilians as human Shields by the insurgent group cannot be ruled out in the Nagaland ops.

Yes you are correct HUMINT is the gold standard for COIN ops. Pentagon has repeatedly stated that, in order to avoid unwanted collateral damages they have to invest more in HUMINT rather than ELINT.

Israel actively uses HUMINT to monitor over Iran's nuclear progress. They even tricked them to blow their own nuclear plant.

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

Country flag

View attachment 123321

Show me stats of operations gone wrong all over the globe especially where countries are fighting asymmetrical wars and then compare it to Indian army’s record. When USA killed an innocent family the day Afghanistan fall to Taliban they used same shopisticated drones you think will save us from so-called embarrassment. Isn't it. Where was that fictional discretion that you are talking about?

For all we know The dude who leaked the Colonel's convoy intel is probably a HUMINT asset of forces as well

vampyrbladez

Country flag

The 21 PARA SF speculation came from here ig
I see a convoluted attempt to revoke AFPSA here.

Simply declare Section 144 and use paramilitary to keep things quiet. Then send journos to vent anger here of locals.

Govt announces pro grata of a few lakhs for the dead and wounded (soldiers included) and an SIT is constituted that will drag on for some time.

Meanwhile taking advantage of the Section 144, forces should go on the offensive. I suspect MSS agents must have provoked this.

hit&run

Mod
For all we know The dude who leaked the Colonel's convoy intel is probably a HUMINT asset of forces as well
Shit happens.

An armed insurgency ruining more than a decade is a population level phenomenon. It can not be sustained without covert or overt assistance of the locals.

If these angry people can come out to attack a military installation and can kill a guard then they can show similar organization and anger against terrorists in support of the government.

Somehow their aggression and determination become cold when it comes to opposing separatists who are their own sons and neighbours. A person who is vulnerable to media propaganda, fall easily to a shiny victim card then it is his fate to be beaten by both the sides.

Vinash

Country flag
Shit happens.

An armed insurgency ruining more than a decade is a population level phenomenon. It can not be sustained without covert or overt assistance of the locals.

If these angry people can come out to attack a military installation and can kill a guard then they can show similar organization and anger against terrorists in support of the government.

Somehow their aggression and determination become cold when it comes to opposing separatists who are their own sons and neighbours. A person who is vulnerable to media propaganda, fall easily to a shiny victim card then it is his fate to be beaten by both the sides.
Exactly!

Something's sinister here and the forces need to be backed 100%.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles