North East Security Watch

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Do you think all of us are terrorists then? How old are you and how long have to stay in a conflict area? It is okay to have an opinion and express a view but don't get a one-sided view, Many people from here are also killed in J&K, Naxal-infested areas, and even abroad and made the supreme sacrifice for the nation. Your understanding of the NE is just negligible. I said we should support 100% of the armed force, but bad things happen.
"In July 2016, in a landmark order, the Supreme Court had asked for the investigation of the 1,528 cases of alleged fake encounters in Manipur, over the last 20 years. That decision of the judiciary, in response to a petition filed by Imphal-based Human Rights Alert (HRA) and Extrajudicial Execution Victim Families Association (EEVFAM) in 2012, is also a validation of the reality of occurrences of extra-judicial killings in the north-eastern state. The EEVFAM is a registered trust having as its members wives and mothers of persons whom they say have been extra-judicially executed by the Manipur Police and the security forces (mainly the Assam Rifles and the Army)."
source
Bro you are making it an exaggeration now. I never said and don't believe that everyone's a terrorist even in J&K. I can for a moment believe that fake encounters happen with police but never with Army. These NGO like that one mfking one who is saying to not widen the road cuz of some shitty environmental concerns over national security. Cuz of this non sensible pil by that fking ngo the army can't move BrahMos to the border. So these ngo don't account for shit, they are liberal as hell who will sell their own mother just so they can get a fake narrative going against the army and military as a whole. A lot of these ngo have been banned by goi for pushing these fake narratives against the army in J&K and taking donations from pak and china. So yeah I don't believe that everyone's a terrorist in NE or J&K but that doesn't I mean will be in be in favor of removing AFSPA or falsely accuse the military for some petty liberal agenda.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Then what do you suggest? This is a first high-level attack but several local Manipuri officers die in ambushes by these scumbags that our so-called national media does not cover.

Without AFSPA, our jawans would be sitting ducks for CCP-funded all out war.
Bhai , AFSPA is necessary .
Iam just saying , a little civillian oversight won't do much harm , just a little civilian oversight .

tomthounaojam

Country flag
If an An-32 comes here at the odd time, most of the time it is a native killed outside the state but they hardly get any coverage, because pretty much NE is not in national media, only when thinngs get really bad or really good only report. Real good Sport, Real Insurgency related, what else they cover.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If an An-32 comes here at the odd time, most of the time it is a native killed outside the state but they hardly get any coverage, because pretty much NE is not in national media, only when thinngs get really bad or really good only report. Real good Sport, Real Insurgency related, what else they cover.
Let's take this discussion separately on the "media watch" thread. Most of our "national media" is actually very anti-National. Especially English language media. Please open a new thread on the media coverage. :)

But let's not go off-topic here. Good to keep this thread focused on our regional security situation.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
This is pure CCP-supplied ammo. We should do something seriously damaging to the commie bat-munchers. Five of our heroes lost their lives in a targeted assassination/ambush. Killing a few operatives in the state will do nothing. RAW should raise hell in PRC for this. They want to play it dirty - we should show them how it is done.

The round has been disposed of, M-79 round tends to come from Thailand and also major insurgency use Hk-33 seem like they like the HK-33 very much these days with Thai replacement them Tavor must be surplus.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Brother NE is not like kashmir , number one .
Then afspa ,however necessary indeed leads to HR violations in kashmir and in other places , thereby oversight of civilian courts is a necessity !
Army cannot be given clean chit , we are not like china where they exercise absolute power , you become too harsh on locals , you end up aleanating them , do you realize how hard it's to govern a disturbed area ?
I don't like giving example of mughals ,but they too left the locals alone after any rebellion etc was pacified , they didnt go on a rampage spree as many would like to believe .
Saddam killed hundreds nay thousands of Kurds , at the end he could not pacify the area
Bhai I know NE isn't Kashmir by the grace of our bravehearts. But do u honestly think that our army indulges in rape and torture of innocent civies in Kashmir or NE? The kashmiris there trust them fully except some radicals there. Do u honestly believe that what those ngo, left liberal lobby, porkies say abt our army in HR violations are true? Hypothetically even if they did, do u think that someone from the army wouldn't have blown the whistle. Hell even that ex army paki officer who got padma shree award defected from his country and openly said that pak army committed HR violations against hindus in Bangladesh. If pakis can have this 1 dude in their army who had a conscience do u not think that an Indian army officer wouldn't have had a better conscience than them and would have blowed the whistle if they did commit atrocities? We have so many veterans here and none of them have ever said that army committed HR violations.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Bhai I know NE isn't Kashmir by the grace of our bravehearts. But do u honestly think that our army indulges in rape and torture of innocent civies in Kashmir or NE? The kashmiris there trust them fully except some radicals there. Do u honestly believe that what those ngo, left liberal lobby, porkies say abt our army in HR violations are true? Hypothetically even if they did, do u think that someone from the army wouldn't have blown the whistle. Hell even that ex army paki officer who got padma shree award defected from his country and openly said that pak army committed HR violations against hindus in Bangladesh. If pakis can have this 1 dude in their army who had a conscience do u not think that an Indian army officer wouldn't have had a better conscience than them and would have blowed the whistle if they did commit atrocities? We have so many veterans here and none of them have ever said that army committed HR violations.
How do you feel these things come to light ?

Covfefe

Country flag
So u mean to say a fake encounter was done by the military? The same military who has sworn to protect the citizens of the nation and made countless Supreme sacrifices to protect our freedom? Sorry but I don't buy it. Can you please share me the case which SC took up? And I am seriously against removing AFSPA. This will only cause more chaos and death like it happened with kashmir in 90s. It's necessary that this act stays cuz God forbid if the same were to happen in NE like in Kashmir, we need the army to protect us.I have some disagreements with goi abt how they are dealing with natsec but I trust my armed forces blindly and completely and I take no doubt in their intentions and capabilities to protect us and the nation.
AFSPA or not, fake encounters are a bigger reality than you would think. Why was this particular case undertaken is a different matter though. Its never a great idea to support anyone blindly.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
So u mean to say a fake encounter was done by the military? The same military who has sworn to protect the citizens of the nation and made countless Supreme sacrifices to protect our freedom? Sorry but I don't buy it. Can you please share me the case which SC took up? And I am seriously against removing AFSPA. This will only cause more chaos and death like it happened with kashmir in 90s. It's necessary that this act stays cuz God forbid if the same were to happen in NE like in Kashmir, we need the army to protect us.I have some disagreements with goi abt how they are dealing with natsec but I trust my armed forces blindly and completely and I take no doubt in their intentions and capabilities to protect us and the nation.
Fake encounters are real mate, its real, although not common but it has happened.

Vayuputra

Country flag
AFSPA or not, fake encounters are a bigger reality than you would think. Why was this particular case undertaken is a different matter though. Its never a great idea to support anyone blindly.
In places like kashmir and north east when countrys sovereignty is at stake,you don't go by as per the book rules. Best example is punjab. if punjab police had functioned as per the book rules we would still be fighting insurgency in punjab. You prosecute criminals as per constitutuon but when it comes to dealing traitors, enemies who put bullet in to their head, this is a unwritten rule.

Covfefe

Country flag
In places like kashmir and north east when countrys sovereignty is at stake,you don't go by as per the book rules. Best example is punjab. if punjab police had functioned as per the book rules we would still be fighting insurgency in punjab. You prosecute criminals as per constitutuon but when it comes to dealing traitors, enemies who put bullet in to their head, this is a unwritten rule.
All of the fake encounters are not done against "enemies"- a lot of them are innocent.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Fake encounters are real mate, its real, although not common but it has happened.
Yes bro I know that and what I was saying the military wouldn't fake encounter any innocent civilians or do atrocities with them. I am well aware of the fake encounters happening with traitors and I support it.

Covfefe

Country flag
There is always a price to pay, collateral damge cnt be avoided
Yes bro I know that and what I was saying the military wouldn't fake encounter any innocent civilians or do atrocities with them. I am well aware of the fake encounters happening with traitors and I support it.
Fake encounters are not done only against those where the forces fear there can be messy prosecution. It has happened because of a range of reasons- disgruntled force, poor intel, frustration, ideological leanings. Hell, people have been thrashed by forces for not giving them food in the middle of a forest. These are not collateral damage or traitors- it's just abuse of force. There is no justification for such incidents- they are just dark realities for heavy force deployments.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Fake encounters are not done only against those where the forces fear there can be messy prosecution. It has happened because of a range of reasons- disgruntled force, poor intel, frustration, ideological leanings. Hell, people have been thrashed by forces for not giving them food in the middle of a forest. These are not collateral damage or traitors- it's just abuse of force. There is no justification for such incidents- they are just dark realities for heavy force deployments.
Bro any source for the food incident?

tomthounaojam

Country flag
@Op Kahuta I know you are a true patriot no doubt it and your loyalty to the armed forces are impeccable, but we are talking is about some dark reality that has happened and I am saying 99.99% of the armed forces didn't do these heinous acts but also not keep a blind eye, we live in a democracy there is check and balance for everything?
Talking about an incident in 1995 when an attack happened with CRPF, the CRPF retaliate and in that incident, 9 people were killed from an auto driver to a medical student, one is from Arunachal Pradesh, all am saying things has happened and need some oversight if people feel they won't get justice than we are going on a cycle, as the suppress people will rise up and violence continue.

Covfefe

Country flag
Bro any source for the food incident?
It largely goes unreported but here is a link-

Also, in the "Patriot" series by Maj Gaurav Arya on Republic, the episode in which they cover CRPF it was specifically pointed out by the commando that "we carry our own ration, we do not ask for it from the villagers" Why do you think such emphasis? Because special instruction had to be given to the forces to stay away from villages where there is no naxal activity and not to disturb them or ask for anything.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It largely goes unreported but here is a link-

Also, in the "Patriot" series by Maj Gaurav Arya on Republic, the episode in which they cover CRPF it was specifically pointed out by the commando that "we carry our own ration, we do not ask for it from the villagers" Why do you think such emphasis? Because special instruction had to be given to the forces to stay away from villages where there is no naxal activity and not to disturb them or ask for anything.
Only thehindu reported it? If it's only this ccp mouthpiece then this news is as good as porkies saying their f16 didn't go down.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles