Nirbhay Cruise Missile Development

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
in clear : do you have an indigenous small engine not fuel gridy for your own products? It is one key.
Do you have indigenous autonomous end course seeker for metric accuracy ?

I say that because these two points was key for the SCALP program. ie We had small turbines, but too thirsty to have a correct range (or need to increase the missile size). So I think it may be two difficulty for Indian missile industry.
Engine part is being worked upon , stfe (current nirbhay missile's engine ) is not the only choice , more smaller engine are worked upon , some engine for uav can be derived to be used , look for kalyani engines , some indian institutes are also developing their engines , combining efforts of all for a reliable engine would be economical , also seeker part is being a part of active research , they are developing most type of research one by one , it takes time for indigenous product development

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
India has no plans to demonstrate its capability in terms of killing a satellite in orbit -- unlike China which undertook such a mission in 2007 --, saying "we don't believe in that (ASAT programme)"
Well come. We have already done this in 2019 friend. What are you talking about? Watch the beautiful video on you tube. ASAT is hitting target satellite in hit to kill mode with 10 CM accuracy.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
India has no plans to demonstrate its capability in terms of killing a satellite in orbit -- unlike China which undertook such a mission in 2007 --, saying "we don't believe in that (ASAT programme)"

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

johnj

of all the pre-budget defense acquisition related news that has come so far, i hope this one comes true.
=======
Nirbhay class long-range cruise missiles to be part in all three defence forces' arsenal

Hearing this same thing for a long time [except aon]
Nirbhay - still under development -
Meanwhile - tri service buying brahmos er, Iaf imported alcm... etc

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
IMO after initial years of testing, there are barely any public updates given released on Nirbhay but tests had been going on unannounced if they are talking of inducting ITCM/Nirbhay now.

If that would the case, India would be possessing a credible cruise missile force without any detailed public info.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Meanwhile - tri service buying brahmos er, Iaf imported alcm... etc
Nirbhay is not under development any more.

standard snowball

Country flag
How many variants of this missile actually exist
Earlier it was Nirbhay
then it became ITCM
Then it became LR-LACM
Now we have a submarine launch version SLCM with its own variants namely LACM and ASCM

Somebody explain it to me, which of this will go into production and what is the missile's range somewhere it's 1500km somewhere it's 1000km, ugh it's so confusing

Please fill up the gaps for me
NameRange Engine
Nirbhay Russian
ITCMIndian
LRLACM1500 km
SLCM500km

Hari Sud

Country flag
Earlier it was Nirbhay
then it became ITCM
Then it became LR-LACM
Now we have a submarine launch version SLCM with its own variants namely LACM and ASCM

Somebody explain it to me, which of this will go into production and what is the missile's range somewhere it's 1500km somewhere it's 1000km, ugh it's so confusing

NameRangeEngine
NirbhayRussian
ITCMIndian
LRLACM1500 km
SLCM500km
‘All failed. This is DRDO way of staying in the business.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Earlier it was Nirbhay
then it became ITCM
Then it became LR-LACM

NameRangeEngine
NirbhayRussian
ITCMIndian
LRLACM1500 km
SLCM500km
Project Nirbhay: It was powered by Russian Turbojet engine and saw limited series production.

Project ITCM: The base Nirbahy model with STFE engine.

ALCM: Air-Launched Nirbhay missile under ITCM with STFE and Pitot intake with 1000 km range

LRLACM: Long Range Nirbahy missile under ITCM with STFE and Pitot intake for air launched variant.

SLCM: Proposed ITCM for launch from Submarine's torpedo tube.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles