NIA suspects Hindutva radicals hired Muslims for Malegaon blast.

Poseidon

Country flag
Did Hindu radicals hire Muslims for Malegaon blast?
Deeptimaan Tiwary, TNN | Mar 25, 2012, 03.01AM IST

NEW DELHI: A fresh twist appears likely in the 2006 Malegaon blast investigations as the NIA (National Investigation Agency), now investigating the case, is beginning to suspect that Hindu fundamentalists might have used Muslim hands to execute the blast.

While a claim to the effect that Hindutva radicals behind the terrorist attack may have used Muslim hirelings was made by Swami Aseemand, inputs gathered by investigators appears to have led the agency to wonder whether what appeared to be an outlandish theory has some basis.

Four bombs exploded on September 8, 2006 in the powerloom township of Malegaon in Maharashtra's Nashik district. The blasts claimed 37 lives and injured over a 100 people.

The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), which investigated the case arrested nine Muslim men with alleged SIMI links, and had filed a 2,200 page chargesheet against them on December 22, 2006.

The case was later transferred to the CBI which subsequently more or less replicated the chargesheet of the state police, holding the jailed persons responsible for the alleged blast.

The arrests of Hindutva radicals in other terror cases where Muslims were the target upended the version of ATS, especially after Aseemanand "confessed" to his NIA interrogators that the attack was carried out by Abhivan Bharat as part of their plot to avenge the series of jehadi terror attacks aimed against Hindus. In November 2011, the accused were released on bail, with the government veering around to the view that they were innocent and victims of inept investigation. Prosecution did not oppose bail petitions.

The Centre transferred the Malegaon blast case to the NIA last year in the wake of Aseemanand's confession.

Although the accused, a Hindutva extremist engaged in opposing missionaries in Gujarat and elsewhere, has since retracted his "confession", inputs gathered by the investigators suggest that Swami's claim could not be just a red herring. "Aseemanand had confessed before a magistrate not once but twice that the group had been using Muslim hands for attacks. We are actively pursuing this line of investigation," said a senior official.

Importantly, ATS stands by its chargesheet, later endorsed by the CBI, against the accused who are now on bail. It had based its charge on the forensic evidence against Shabbir Batterywala. The ATS charge sheet mentions that the traces of RDX found at the blast spot had matched the traces of explosives found in the soil samples from Batterywala's godown in Malegaon.

Although NIA is not similarly sure about the "Muslim hand" theory, it believes that the demography of Muslim dominated Malegaon town would have made it difficult for a Hindu, that too one from outside, to plant a bomb near a mosque. "It is also a communally sensitive town. It is possible that Muslim mercenaries may have been used to plant the bomb to avoid suspicion," another NIA official said.

Aseemanand had made a mention of Muslim hands being used in the blasts while talking about Ajmer blast. He said: "Sunil (Joshi) told me that the blast in Ajmer (Ajmer Sharif dargah) had been conducted by his men. He told me that he was also there. I asked him who all were there with him. He told me there were two Muslim boys with him. When I asked him where he got Muslim boys from, he said they were sent to him by (RSS leader) Indresh Kumar."

The 2006 Malegaon case has had many twists and turns. A day before Maharashtra ATS filed its chargesheet in the case the state government transferred the case to CBI. The agency in its charge sheet seconded the findings of the ATS. However, after Aseemanand's confession, the case was reopened by CBI. In a matter of months, the case was again sent to NIA.

Did Hindu radicals hire Muslims for Malegaon blast? - The Times of India

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Ya also, ISI hired Hindus and Sikhs for Mumbai attacks :facepalm:.

I wont believe a shit these paid media feed me on Hindu radicals until i see a conviction.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The whole issue is getting to become a James Bond thriller!

I am sure it will rake in millions for the Bombay movie industry once they are allowed to use the story as a script.

The police and NIA are turning out to be Pandu Hawaldars or Tompson and Thompson of the Tintin comics!

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Well well, first they say R.S.S. is involved and then they say it is HINDUTVA TERROR or SAFFRON TERROR and HINDUS are behind and now they say that HINDUTVA GROUPS have hired MUSLIMS to do the job and then they will say that some other group is involved and provoke a communal violence again and then blame the innocent HINDUS and MUSLIMS and the real traitors who did this will simply enjoy in the mean time like the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts in which the report was submitted much earlier and the punishment delivered to the guilty was given after one decade.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Madam sonia wants to bring down R.S.S. and wants to end HINDUTVA and HINDUS in INDIA. This is the clear motive of saying that whoever supports HINDUS are communal and whoever supports MUSLIMS and christians are SECULAR. We have to drive out that B***H from our country.

plugwater

Madam sonia wants to bring down R.S.S. and wants to end HINDUTVA and HINDUS in INDIA. This is the clear motive of saying that whoever supports HINDUS are communal and whoever supports MUSLIMS and christians are SECULAR. We have to drive out that B***H from our country.
From where Sonia came into this? Dont start to sprout your crap again!!

Were you this angry when NIA suspected some Islamic groups ? Or is it only for some hindutva groups ?

KS

Bye bye DFI
From where Sonia came into this? Dont start to sprout your crap again!!

Were you this angry when NIA suspected some Islamic groups ? Or is it only for some hindutva groups ?
The anger is for suspecting and arresting some groups with so much hype and so little (or no) evidence.

The saffron terror card is a result of the need to produce a moral equivalent of the very real jihadist threat and use it to enlarge the vote bank.

Funny how every time an election approaches a "hindutva suspect" is arrested with huge fanfare and thats to it. We dont hear anything about it from then on, no proofs, no conviction..nothing whatsoever.

Last edited:

plugwater

The anger is for suspecting and arresting some groups with so much hype and so little (or no) evidence.

The saffron terror card is a result of the need to produce a moral equivalent of the very real jihadist threat and use it to enlarge the vote bank.

Funny how every time an election approaches a "hindutva suspect" is arrested with huge fanfare and thats to it. We dont hear anything about it from then on, no proofs, no conviction..nothing whatsoever.
Arresting people with little evidence linked to terror is nothing new any country!! My point is you guys dont give a damn when some Muslim get arrested but when it comes to some hindus you guys act like the whole world is against Hindus.

So there is no saffron terror ? ;) All of them are peace loving and patriotic people ? Yeah sometimes their patriotism goes out of control and make them to hoist Pakistani flag.

sukhish

Arresting people with little evidence linked to terror is nothing new any country!! My point is you guys dont give a damn when some Muslim get arrested but when it comes to some hindus you guys act like the whole world is against Hindus.

So there is no saffron terror ? ;) All of them are peace loving and patriotic people ? Yeah sometimes their patriotism goes out of control and make them to hoist Pakistani flag.

You have to understand that people in this forum hate congress and Sonia, they just want to bring down GOI . They are pure devotees of baba ramdev.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Hoooo $h!t now they hired muslim group, I doubt how many people actually planned this attack in parallel ??

Rss
Safroon Terror
Hindutva
Radical Hindu Army men

and now They all used Muslims,

There is no logic, Look any one who is planting or carrying out terror is bad at heart and such a bad/radical Muslim would never dare blast his place of worship it may be other way around Muslim hiring Hindu since they are less religious it may be hard to digest but that's the truth i guess.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag

They dont give a damn because there are more Suckulars in this country to protect them but who is protecting innocent Hindus ??

amitkriit

What colour do we get when we mix saffron with green? Mr. PC will have to add a second kind of "terror" into his book, after the first one the saffron terror.

amitkriit

Saffron terror is a new phenomenon and still evolving, while the green terror is mature and well-established thanks to decades of efforts by the flag-bearers and able leaders. Saffron terror is reactionary in nature and feeds on "what" we know well. So if the government wishes to crush it, better crush the root, which is "Green".

KS

Bye bye DFI

I wont go into specifics...but given history of formation of India ,the very positive role our dear neighbours play and the ideology of their failed state that is unfortunately still alive in many hearts that live and breath indian air..your comparison doesn't make sense.

Anyway ring a bell when a court of law convicts these people, which I believe wont be happening any time sooner (or later). The "saffron terror" is nothing but a dubious attempt to draw a equal equal with the very real,existant threat of jihadi groups from abroad and home, an attempt to strengthen votebanks in the era of coalition poltics where more than one party competes for the same group.

Last edited:

lemontree

Professional
You never get proof in urban guerilla warfare.
That is why it is so difficult to convict arrested persons, as seen in Punjab Kashmir and the rest of India.
Our forensics expertise is very poor. In most cases we depend on confessions.
This thread too is a result of some claim made by the so called Swami Aseemand.

The RSS never would have used muslim hirelings to do this job, because of secrecy issues.
Aseemand is just sending the NIA on a wild goose chase.

plugwater

Saffron terror is a new phenomenon and still evolving, while the green terror is mature and well-established thanks to decades of efforts by the flag-bearers and able leaders. Saffron terror is reactionary in nature and feeds on "what" we know well. So if the government wishes to crush it, better crush the root, which is "Green".
Saffron is easy to crush now or according to you we leave it alone now until is grows as big as green ? What a pathetic excuse to leave the saffron extremists alone btw!! All terrorism should be crushed regardless of color. As for Islamic terrorism it will take time to crush them.

They dont give a damn because there are more Suckulars in this country to protect them but who is protecting innocent Hindus ??
Dont play the victim card here!!

amitkriit

Saffron is easy to crush now or according to you we leave it alone now until is grows as big as green ? What a pathetic excuse to leave the saffron extremists alone btw!! All terrorism should be crushed regardless of color. As for Islamic terrorism it will take time to crush them.

Dont play the victim card here!!
It is not easy to crush something if the right environment for it's existence remains, and those bomb blasts provide them just that. And yes sometimes playing the "victim" card becomes necessary to protect your community from destruction.

Saffron terror is dis-organized at the moment, but it's intensity will increase thanks to the polarization between communities.
If one form has to exist inside India, I will select Saffron because it is less likely to disintegrate the country.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles