Next Generation Offshore Patrol Vessel

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Mark my Word the NGOPV Contract would be won by the L & T for sure. I think atleast 12 NGOPV will be ordered. I have seen their Proposal and it's one of the best if Built's.

Akula

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Mark my Word the NGOPV Contract would be won by the L & T for sure. I think atleast 12 NGOPV will be ordered. I have seen their Proposal and it's one of the best if Built's.
Any pictures of L&T NGOPV?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Any pictures of L&T NGOPV?
Ya'll Nibbiars Na. But I am concerned about its price as the contract is worth 5,000 crore's for six Vessel. The L & T Proposal might overshoot the Price.

thebakofbakchod

Any updates on this? The older OPVs will be decommissioned in the coming year so new vessels are definetly needed. L&T has also almost completed their current 7 OPV contract

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Our OFV(Offshore Patrol Vessels) should have These type of Designs in my opinion. We need to get into the Habit of building more and more of our Ships with Clean Deck Based designs. I know these type of Designs are already being Implied in some of our ships like Nilgiri class etc but we need to implement such Designs in our ships. These designs should be implemented in atleast our OFV, Corvettes and Frigates at most. Cleaner the Deck of a ship results in lower RCS of the Ship and hence increases the Vessel's Stealth profile.

here are some pictures of the Russian project 22160 ships which I am sharing
here:
maxresdefault-20.jpg
Russian-fleet-tested-a-joint-tactics-with-S-400-systems-for-protection-of-naval-bases.jpg

Super falcon

Country flag
OPV are more costly better invest in Unmaned surface Vessel boats for petrols

Super falcon

Country flag

Pakistan has invested in milgem what type of corvetes indian navy building?

Super Flanker

Country flag

Super falcon

Country flag

Super Flanker

Country flag
Great super Flanker for giving a good idea karmota is bigger and carry more bigger weapons but ada is still faster and has similar range of karmota
Ada class has a maximum speed of 29 knots whereas Kamorta-class corvettes have a maximum speed of 25 knots, Ada-class is smaller and lighter as compared to Kamorta-class and hence it has more speed.

Kamorta-class is superior to Ada class but Ada class is still a very decent class of ships.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles