New World Order: Fading and Rising World Powers

Compersion

Country flag
All the talk of UK being diminished and its role being finished ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_realm#From_Queen_Elizabeth.27s_accession

A Commonwealth realm is a sovereign state that is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations and shares the same person, currently Elizabeth II, as its head of state and reigning constitutional monarch, but retains a crown legally distinct from the other realms. As of 2017, there are 16 Commonwealth realms: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands, The Bahamas, Tuvalu and the United Kingdom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Overseas_Territories

The British Overseas Territories (BOT) or alternatively, United Kingdom's Overseas Territories (UKOTs), are 14 territories under the jurisdiction and sovereignty of the United Kingdom.[1][2] They are the parts of the British Empire that have not been granted independence or have voted to remain British territories. These territories do not form part of the United Kingdom and, with the exception of Gibraltar, are not part of the European Union. Most of the inhabited territories are internally self-governing, with the UK retaining responsibility for defence and foreign relations. The rest are either uninhabited or have a transitory population of military or scientific personnel. They share the British monarch (Elizabeth II) as head of state.

That is a lot of "areas", "people" and "coverage"

The question of UK having above 1 vote (is that conflict of interest) in UN - whatever. For each and every righteous movement I am not surprised India plays a leading role and must continue to do such. (Not saying UK is particularly bad but reasons are not only one)

The need for UNSC to have India on its permanent membership is more and more required to justify its use and sense each day. Democracy !!

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I more or less agree on all points o_O
It is no illusion at all that France is more relevant than UK. For one thing , « francophonie », the association of french speaking countries, is a much more relevant club than Commonwealth. Speaking French creates a family spirit. Speaking English creates apparently no family spirit at all. France is rarely short of support from french speaking nations in international organisations.

@Willy2

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It is no illusion at all that France is more relevant than UK. For one thing , « francophonie », the association of french speaking countries, is a much more relevant club than Commonwealth. Speaking French creates a family spirit. Speaking English creates apparently no family spirit at all. France is rarely short of support from french speaking nations in international organisations.
Why is speaking french special.

You don't become french by speaking french .you become so being born white belonging to the various french ethnic groups.

If I knew french I would still treat the french like we treat british.white people whose countries must be sabotaged.

Only people I will ally with are those useful idiot white people who are indophiles.you know like that french woman who promotes hinduism.,etc.i am an atheist and hence my only tribal instinct is ethnicity and race.language is merely a tool.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I don't know French seem to have made up it's mind to keep a strong military for itself even though EU coilation army was on the table.
Maybe it's because of the past two humiliations in world wars that has caused this paranoia :hehe:

Anyway I'll have French as our wingman on CS Go any day then those brits

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Why is speaking french special.

You don't become french by speaking french .you become so being born white belonging to the various french ethnic groups.

If I knew french I would still treat the french like we treat british.white people whose countries must be sabotaged.

Only people I will ally with are those useful idiot white people who are indophiles.you know like that french woman who promotes hinduism.,etc.i am an atheist and hence my only tribal instinct is ethnicity and race.language is merely a tool.

Speaking French is not special. Sharing a language with other countries normally creates links. English language has become universal, so there is not any special community feeling associated with it.

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Speaking French is not special. Sharing a language with other countries normally creates links. English language has become universal, so there is not any special community feeling associated with it.
Exactly.

French is only a little special in that way.

And I am not sure the Algerians Africans and other Arabs from middle East will care too much about France to not want to conquer it by population.

TrueNeo

@Willy2
I don't know the role speaking french making France a more relevant nation compared to UK.

I think Paris doesn't try to punch above its weight in world affairs unlike Britain who can't seem to get out of living in glory days.

This article says Brits don't have a Grand Strategy like French do which is partly a reason of their diminishing influence in world affairs.

https://www.theambassador.info/single-post/2017/07/29/British-Grand-Strategy
France
One place to start when addressing this is to look at a comparable country in the world which has faced a similar historical experience of managing a power decline in world affairs and a subsequent readjustment. In fact, we only have to look 20 miles across the Strait of Dover to that of France to see how a grand strategy can be formed in the midst of difficult economic, political and cultural turbulence.

France, a country still suffering from the effects of the 2008 financial crisis alongside a weakened military and a distained political establishment has chartered a grand strategy which seeks to leverage its residual power capabilities in the most effective way possible to further French interests. The intellectual architecture which seemingly governs French grand strategy revolves around France remaining a leading military and economic power but through reinforcing avenues. Whereas Paris still retains independent capabilities in the realms of diplomacy and military affairs it reinforces this through being the leading power alongside Germany in the European Union.

This can be seen from the last few years of French actions which have seen Paris launch a successful counter-terrorist operation in Mali alongside its readiness to support the United States in enforcing Obama’s red lines over the use of chemical weapons in Syria. What’s more, the existence of the French atomic bomb has recently been seen as an avenue to providing the European Union as a whole with a credible nuclear deterrent. Never mind that the French would probably never give up their authority over the bomb to any organisation above the French state but the narrative of France acting in some way as an extended deterrence force for the EU heightens the symbolic power of France in the EU’s eyes and around the world.

What’s more Paris, under Macron, while pursuing talks of closer integration of its military within an EU framework has also recognised the multipolar nature of world affairs.

This was seen in Paris’ welcome to Donald Trump with relatively open arms (compared to Britain, with his visit supposedly being postponed until he gets a warmer reception). Macron knows that Washington is not a power you can ignore, no matter what ones views on Trump might be. America is too important as an economic partner and a supplier of strategic goods with its European Reassurance Initiative alone providing $3-4 billion in funds (2018 budget request of $4.7billion) to support NATO’s Eastern flank against Russian intransigence. While Paris does not need to be ideological soul mates with a Trumpian Washington, it can see the value in shared interests in countering Russian aggression and working together to solve global problems both countries see as in their interests to solve.

This more realist perspective from Paris has not solved all of its internal problems or contradictions but France, while weaker than the UK in some aspects of national power has formulated a grand strategy which allows its strengths and energies to be directed to higher purposes. This harmony has seen France become an active and respected power on the world stage, whether that be by its participation in the Minsk talks, its actions in Northern Africa by hosting talks between Libyan factions or its residual influence in the Asia-Pacific.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Willy2

French have more relevance , simply because of EURO .
Germany-France are taken as "true European" power who try to create a collective-superpower in europe in current multipolar world.

Where UK is more like ,US lapdog ,a middle man who justify better cooperation within US/Europe ....and by default will follow every US misadventure .

So French taken as more sovereign power , also french involve in many lesser known battles in africa which might not have global impact , but many times involve in betterment of life of ppl in central and western african french speaking country ....those involvement mainly led by France unlike wars in which UK involve like of Afg/Iraq.

So sovereign value of France is far bigger

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Reminds me of the "Take back control!!" quote from several of the nationalistic brits during the brexit campaign. Looks like the rest of the world is taking back control from the UK :lol:
Operation gone wrong for our Queens looneys.:hehe:

Tactical Frog

Country flag
A thread for keeping eye and discussing the changes and significance of the new world order where countries like UK becoming increasingly irrelevant in world affairs while US seems to be declining but expected to maintain its world dominance for quite some times to come and the place of projected future powers like China, India, Japan, etc who are taking and expected to assume greater role and responsibilities in the new world order.
Is Japan a power of the past or a power of the future ? I am a bit puzzled there. Their population pyramid looks no good.
40DDAFD4-95D2-41B1-B723-E9AAEAA70A69.jpeg

Tactical Frog

Country flag
F200C3B8-56EB-4C52-9A92-1EEDA951D388.jpeg 2067CF6E-35F2-4D90-BA26-C8287543318A.jpeg 3B6FAC78-9B91-4C5F-9A1D-3D145DF30DF3.jpeg AE410FE4-955F-4604-8EB5-8FC901B1B1F6.jpeg

I think demography is very important component of “power” IF coupled with technology, military , wealth and soft power. Russia , Japan have a lot of issues with their demography .
Japanese situation is maybe the most tricky given they are a very closed society with few immigrants. Germany on the very opposite is wide open .

Some more pyramids courtesy of CIA World Factbook above.

Willy2

View attachment 21773 View attachment 21774 View attachment 21775 View attachment 21776

I think demography is very important component of “power” IF coupled with technology, military , wealth and soft power. Russia , Japan have a lot of issues with their demography .
Japanese situation is maybe the most tricky given they are a very closed society with few immigrants. Germany on the very opposite is wide open .

Some more pyramids courtesy of CIA World Factbook above.
Wow ..France's demography chart is so balanced ? And Israeli too have great future , but seems Israelis count not only jew but muslim too in their chart , so I wonder what true birthrate of Jew and muslim in Israel

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Wow ..France's demography chart is so balanced ? And Israeli too have great future , but seems Israelis count not only jew but muslim too in their chart , so I wonder what true birthrate of Jew and muslim in Israel
Ultra « Orthodox «Jews » known as Haredim have a very strong birth rate. It is a huge problem for Israel. They don’t work, they don’t want to serve in the army. They only want to study Talmud . I don’t know about Arab birth rate in Israel but I suspect it is lesser than Arab birth rate in Palestinian territories.

I will classify Israel as rising power of course. Outstanding military power, advanced technologies, speedy economic growth .

Last edited:

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't know if it's relevant in this thread but posting here.

Trump Recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's Capital and Orders U.S. Embassy to Move
President Trump formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and announced a plan to move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to the fiercely contested city.
DOUG MILLS/THE NEW YORK TIMES
By MARK LANDLER
DECEMBER 6, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, reversing nearly seven decades of American foreign policy and setting in motion a plan to move the United States Embassy from Tel Aviv to the fiercely contested Holy City

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am guessing that Trump administration could take a firm line on Kashmir and India-Pak issue as well in near future in return for Indian favors and due to obvious fact that they have been supporting this rogue nation despite knowing the truth.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
When your foundation is not laid on strong pillars of principles and values and your manpower becomes prosperous and Lazy, You will shrink. You fail to produce those brilliant minds which takes your country forward. India today shine with same resources because we could produce Modi. Our boys shines all across the world and are in top position of different corp orates, media and education institute and research organizations. It happens because of our culture.

We are a country with traditional values and these values motivate us to excel in many fields. These countries do not give emphasis to those values and propagate individual freedom out of proportion. They do not have family bonding. They do not have religion and value system like us so they will erode slowly and will become a mediocre country over a period of time. We shall keep shining and excelling. Mark my words, China shall also erode in the same way as Britain as they to have demolished their culture. They are European in yellow skin. In long run, I do not see any country rising as much as India. I foresee a great potential in Indonesia as well. France shall go same was as Britain. Germany will also shrink but little slower than Britain. Japan shall moderately rise. Islam shall shrink in coming four to 5 decades. We shall be the most influential country in coming four to five decade to come.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
We shall be the most influential country in coming four to five decade to come.
Only if Hinduism survives till then. If these mullas take over they will declare caliphate. If salvation army take over they will hand over India to White ass saying brotherhood brotherhood.

Flame Thrower

Only if Hinduism survives till then. If these mullas take over they will declare caliphate. If salvation army take over they will hand over India to White ass saying brotherhood brotherhood.
We've endured slaughter for a Millennium during the medivial period.

I doubt anything will happen in 500 yrs.

Before anyone point about the rise of Muslim population, let me tell you that population growth is slowing down, buy 2040 our population growth will be completely stabilized including the states of Bihar, UP and west bengal.

These 70yrs, Mullas got support and Maulvis used un educated people to breed like rats. As the awareness increases breeding like rats decreases.

By 2040, we'll be second/third largest economy... influence of oil on the world decreases. I doubt any mulla country wanna do anything threatening our interests.

Thus I rest my case

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
We've endured slaughter for a Millennium during the medivial period.

I doubt anything will happen in 500 yrs.

Before anyone point about the rise of Muslim population, let me tell you that population growth is slowing down, buy 2040 our population growth will be completely stabilized including the states of Bihar, UP and west bengal.

These 70yrs, Mullas got support and Maulvis used un educated people to breed like rats. As the awareness increases breeding like rats decreases.

By 2040, we'll be second/third largest economy... influence of oil on the world decreases. I doubt any mulla country wanna do anything threatening our interests.

Thus I rest my case
You may be strong , tall tree. But your foundation a.k.a roots must be strong. Over here present opposition party wants to bring back dynasty rule to loot more people. And ruling party is afraid of facing backlash from Majority religion community.
And we are world's one of the top 5 military. How long can we import toys and keep dominating.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles