New Ukrainian BMP. The BMP-64.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Please note that foreign language is not encouraged on this Forum since there are most who do not understand the language.

In case of requirement you can use PM (Private Message facility).

Last edited:

Damian

Russian is easy, and hey, there is such thing like google translator.

Google Translate

Besides this, discussing about vehicle from Russia or Ukraine, there is no other way but just use sources mostly written in Russian.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Russian is easy, and hey, there is such thing like google translator.

Google Translate

Besides this, discussing about vehicle from Russia or Ukraine, there is no other way but just use sources mostly written in Russian.
We also want to know about Russian equipment since it is the mainstay of the Armed Forces of India.

If there is Google Translate, please also give the translation along with the text.

People don't have the time to translate.

Even when posts are in Indian languages, just because we have foreigners as members, we insist on the English translation, much to the anger of Indian members who think we are not being nationalists. We are taking that much of flak for you all!

I am sure the foreign members would also be good enough to translate foreign stuff for the others.

The Chinese have repeatedly told us that the Google Translation is Bogus..

Russian is not easy for us.

All I know is Kak vashe dzarovye?

Awchen Kharasho!

Gavarile Pa Russiki

Da yah gavaru neyemnogo!

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
IMHO firing ports can be well replaced by small RWS with stabilization and much better overall + and - elevation angle for it's weapon.
It just the cost, RCWS needed to be bit cheaper in that scene, Though its not a must have thing..

One can use a RCWS in rear..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thank you!

It was great to read it without any problems!

I am sure we all we appreciate your effort.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Thank you!

It was great to read it without any problems!

I am sure we all we appreciate your effort.

I could smell a slight there ;)
Anyways a request please post in English. Google translate sometimes screws up too.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I could smell a slight there ;)
Anyways a request please post in English. Google translate sometimes screws up too.
I fail to see any slight.

I am here to learn from all.

I find that Damian and others have opened up new vistas that I was not aware of.

This no porthole business has excited me!

And I want to use their expertise to learn more as many others who are serious out here and not just cyberspace know alls.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Brig you are a man of words.

The fact that you are 60 + and you are on forums is a proof that you are always ready to learn.

methos

Country flag
Damian, does the BMP-64 carry Knife ERA at the front and Kontakt-1 ERA at the sides or does it only carry Kontakt-1 ERA?

I'm not sure, but it looks like the BMPT-64 and the BMP-64 would not carry ERA at the front. If this is true, then a 350 + 40 mm portection level is very high.

Bradley has 25.4 mm Aluminium at 30°, which is about 25 - 30 mm RHAe. On later M2A2 there is a one inch thick steel plate at the front, which means 25- 30 mm RHAe + ~50 mm. Marder 1 has 15 mm at 75° (= 58 mm RHAe) and on later models a spaced applique plate is mounted (not sure, but seems to be 10 mm), which means RHAe will be more than 97 mm due to the higher efficiency of spaced armour.

Damian

Damian, does the BMP-64 carry Knife ERA at the front and Kontakt-1 ERA at the sides or does it only carry Kontakt-1 ERA?
BMP-64 only 4S20 Kontakt-1 at hull sides, BMPT-64 carry Knife ERA over front and sides.

I'm not sure, but it looks like the BMPT-64 and the BMP-64 would not carry ERA at the front. If this is true, then a 350 + 40 mm portection level is very high.
BMPT-64 have Knife ERA over front, however modules are very elegantly integrated in to hull shape, so they are hardly to be seen at currently avaiable photos.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A general question.

Why do they not have a missile?

I thought missiles would be more lethal.

Damian

BMPT-64 have ATGM's, 4 launchers for "Barrier" ATGM, You can see them on turret.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The dialog in that video is unbelievable. Who produced it - - Oliver Stone?

Damian

No, "Barrier" is much newer ATGM than this one that seems to be 9M113 Konkurs.

Damian

Pentagon Wars is just idiotic, far from reality fantasy of some left wing moron from Hollywood (guess why I stoped to watch Hollywood movies, because the golden era when there were no leftiests had ended).

You want to learn the true history of development of M2 Bradley and other light tracked AFV's in US?

Read Richard P. Hunnicutt book Bradley - A History Of The American Fighting And Support Vehicles.

To these that do not know R.P. Hunnicutt books, few short words, these 10 books, are a real bible for people that are interested, and want to learn more about history of research and development of American armored fighting vehicles, from WWII to present day. Author is real proffesionalist, his books are based on documents from TACOM Archieves, and what is more important, are completely focused on the subject, without any political mumbo jumbo and "my ..... is bigger than yours" BS.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles