New UK PM put first Check to Indian Students Immigrating to UK.

bhramos

Country flag

Cameron govt may impose bonds on Indian students

LONDON: Britain's new immigration minister Damian Green has indicated that students from India and other non-EU countries will have to furnish a bond of a specified amount before coming to study at British institutions.

Green, who was Conservative spokesman on immigration issues, believes that the current points-based student visa system is the 'biggest single loophole' and has promised to bring about major changes in the immigration system.

British authorities had suspended the issue of student visas in north India, Nepal and Bangladesh earlier this year after missions received an unusually large number of applications from these regions.

"We want genuine students and want a fair system. We will introduce the bond system for international students who will be refunded the bond amount when they leave after completing their studies," Green had told an audience at the Guru Nanak Prakash Singh Sabha in Bristol recently. International students are a source of major revenue because they pay three times higher fees than students from the UK and the European Union.

Among other new measures Green is likely to introduce is an annual cap on the number of skilled professionals from India and other countries outside the EU in order to drastically reduce the annual number of migrants coming to Britain.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ds-on-Indian-students/articleshow/5935902.cms

ganesh177

Country flag
And i thought cameroon wanted special relationship with india. So he has announced special fee structure for indian students, and cap on professionals.
Reminds me of obama when he got elected new, came up with "Say no to Bangalore".

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
That is a good idea, if you disappear you don't get your money back. I wonder how much it is.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I think Indian students should shun UK. They are anyway indulging in robbery by charging them three times the fee.

BunBunCake

I think Indian students should shun UK. They are anyway indulging in robbery by charging them three times the fee.
Not robbery exactly. But yes, this is bullshit. Indian students should come to the US =) Lots of opportunity here.
Actually, nvm. Why I ask Indians have to come to other countries? We should increase spending on education so we have world class schools/universities in India. Depending on foreign countries is stupid.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
uk for long helped and granted asylum to kashmiri jehadis and khalistanis.london has been made into londonistan long back by mirpuris..even bradford....but uk loves jehadis hence it tolerates jehadi immigration who celebrates the body bags of uk soldiers arriving uk openly.dont worry uk is not a place for indians to have a peek into.For long uk rode on uncle sam's shoulders as world power but soon it gonna be left behind.

Agantrope

Not robbery exactly. But yes, this is bullshit. Indian students should come to the US =) Lots of opportunity here.
Actually, nvm. Why I ask Indians have to come to other countries? We should increase spending on education so we have world class schools/universities in India. Depending on foreign countries is stupid.
I personally feel that facilities in US is better than UK in my knowledge and experience. Moreover the cost living makes the student life little tougher in the UK. Only very few handpicked Universities in India are of World Class to be frank IITs IIMs IISc are very in that and admission is a virtually a Unicorn

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I think Indian students should shun UK.
Accepting International students are how the unis keep tuition costs down for local students. It is their duty to serve them, not internationals. Too many students get their visa and ditch before they pay the tuition. Now this will help prevent that from happening and keep the serious students for the visa.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I personally feel that facilities in US is better than UK in my knowledge and experience. Moreover the cost living makes the student life little tougher in the UK. Only very few handpicked Universities in India are of World Class to be frank IITs IIMs IISc are very in that and admission is a virtually a Unicorn
Tuition costs in the US have sky-rocketed, few can afford that.

Agantrope

Tuition costs in the US have sky-rocketed, few can afford that.
But still many people opt for the US than UK, i have quite lot of friends went to US for their higer studies, none to the UK, may be there but the percent is very much is lower when compared to US

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
But still many people opt for the US than UK, i have quite lot of friends went to US for their higer studies, none to the UK, may be there but the percent is very much is lower when compared to US
US has far more unis than the UK so obviously they will take more students. They only get twice as many but have 6 times the capacity so UK is doing far better on a per capita basis, same as France.

bhramos

Country flag
That is a good idea, if you disappear you don't get your money back. I wonder how much it is.
if the fee is £8000, immigration is £8000,
so the students must get double loan..........

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
This couldn't have come at a better time. Kapil Sibal is pushing the foreign university bill. When enacted, those UK-based foreign universities will open shop right here. We don't have to worry about sending our kids to countries where they fall for hate-crime.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
What I noticed is that this report does not mention pakistan and pakistani migrants, not even once, when on the other hand its BNP and conservatives who wanted to limit pakistanis in UK from a Long Long time....I think this is clearly directed towards pakistani population swelling in UK, as over 200000 pakistanis hv applied for Visas (majority of them illiterate and madrasa educated, I wonder why?) plus a check is needed on jihadi activities and terrorism from these pakistanis!

bhramos

Country flag
What I noticed is that this report does not mention pakistan and pakistani migrants, not even once, when on the other hand its BNP and conservatives who wanted to limit pakistanis in UK from a Long Long time....I think this is clearly directed towards pakistani population swelling in UK, as over 200000 pakistanis hv applied for Visas (majority of them illiterate and madrasa educated, I wonder why?) plus a check is needed on jihadi activities and terrorism from these pakistanis!
you are true, but if BNP names their name, they fear they will bomb their country..........

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
you are true, but if BNP names their name, they fear they will bomb their country..........
hahhahhhhahhahha :) that cud be a reson, BNP is not some white -supremacist crackpots, they are growing their support base in urban areas and majority of people who do not vote for them support their selective immigration policy of getting Docs, Engineers, Scientists from India and China rather than favoring low-standard pakistani freak professionals, who will go Kaboom! here and Boom Bang! there if a cartoon of muhammad is published! There goes your integration and assimilation with these retards!

I was watching this documentary about Sweden's right wing Kids and one of his comments struck me in the head: "Why do all these immigrants don't look like Hungry, skinny, needy people of say Ethiopia, why they all have pot bellies and immediately after seeking asylum and receiving asylum money buy BMWs, Mercs etc which we can't even think of buying and hv to take a loan to do so. The people coming to west are elite class of these countries well funded by their own, and taking advantage of loopholes in immigration/asylum policies and creating illegal activities/businesses here, I would welcome a undernourished Ethiopian with open arms, who does not require BMWs but some loaf of bread to survive! Not these fat ass bastards driving BMWs and making us think where hv we gone wrong and how come they in our own country are living a better life than us"..... :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles