New Russian single engine fighter jet

Wisemarko

Country flag
What a valuable and knowledgeable contributor you are. Nothing better then people plastering off topic, immature and petty posts. Feel free to criticize, if you have valid points but don’t waste bandwidth.

I’m sure your buddy got banned the other day for the same type of repeated trolling. You have contributed nothing of value.
Don’t be jealous just because I unveiled this new design (Double Checkmate) before you could.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
1630486025106.png

PAF's dreamboat IMHO. As a aviation enthusiast sincerely hoping this fighter comes through. But don't want in IAF.
1630486052224.png

1630486075935.png

I do not like war just aerodynamics and flight, I think this is a really good design.

I do not like DSI intakes, but this aircraft has a small intake bump, the intake mouth is low, the gape of the X-32 is much wider, however its intake is splitted and and has a small separation from the lateral fuselage surface making for two lateral intakes but joining in a ventral intake, It was well thought to make it a small bump. And have a good side slip effect and good high AoA shielding for the intake.

It is basically tailess using TVC nozzles, it uses the Su-57 already made elements, frontal fuselage radome, wings, vertical tails, engines and avionics, in my opinion this jet will be excellent
1630487228717.png

it also has like X-29 strake flaps

1630486401364.png

1630487072126.png

1630486851105.png

Last edited:

MiG-29SMT

Country flag

Two-Seater Version of Russia’s New Checkmate Fighter Will be Offered to Woo Foreign Buyers
© Sputnik / Алексей Майшев
MILITARY & INTELLIGENCE
00:52 GMT 03.09.2021(updated 00:53 GMT 03.09.2021)Get short URL
by Morgan Artyukhina
Subscribe
Why Russia would choose to build its first single-engine fighter in 50 years has been hotly debated, since they are often considered less reliable than two-engine jets, but one fact is agreed upon: its English-language name makes clear who the game-winning nickname is directed at.
Denis Manturov, the head of Russia’s Ministry of Industry and Trade, said on Friday that while Sukhoi’s new Checkmate fighter is intended for export, Russia won’t depend on foreign investment to finance the jet’s construction.
A prototype of the fifth-generation fighter jet was unveiled this past July at the MAKS-2021 air show. While it’s based on the same advanced technology used in making Russia’s first fifth-generation fighter, the Su-57, it has a number of unique features, including a single jet engine instead of two, as Sputnik reported at the time.
Only a handful of fifth-generation fighters are in use around the world, including the Su-57 as well as China’s J-20 Weilong and the United States’ F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II fighters. Of them, just the F-35 has been sold to other nations, and the Checkmate is widely seen as a direct competitor, especially since it is projected to be substantially cheaper.
Likely buyers include nations from the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia, Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation Director Dmitry Shugayev told Sputnik during the debut air show.
Manturov noted Friday that foreign buyers often ask for two-seat versions of aircraft, such as the Su-30 variant of Sukhoi’s Su-27 fighter, so he anticipates a two-seat version of Checkmate will also be sought, in which case it will be built. However, he noted the Russian Air Force will likely have use for such an aircraft, as well.

© SPUTNIK / АЛЕКСЕЙ МАЙШЕВ
A prototype of Russia's new Sukhoi Checkmate Fighter is displayed at the MAKS 2021 International Aviation and Space Salon, in Zhukovsky, outside Moscow, Russia. The missiles on display include the R-73 and R-77 anti-air missiles and the Kh-59MK anti-ship missile.
Two-seat versions of aircraft can serve a variety of purposes, including facilitating training of pilots or allowing a second pilot to be a dedicated weapons officer. In the forthcoming two-seat version of the Su-57, the second pilot’s concern will be directing a swarm of Okhotnik combat drones that can accompany the stealthy jet on missions.
Sukhoi expects to begin deliveries within the next six years.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles