New Russian single engine fighter jet

Trololo

Country flag
Best close up of the cockpit yet. A little deviation...I’m interested to see the new helmet go into service, it’s supposed be similar to the F-35 helmet, in that it can see through the aircraft. Anyways a lot parallels to the F-35 in terms of cockpit, EOTS, and helmet. Let’s see the actual timeframe that it will take this aircraft to go into production. Hopefully no major issues. The SU-57 has given engineers of the Checkmate a lot of experience.
It will be helpful using some of the same or modified parts from the SU-57, in that it will save in development time and overall lower the cost. Sukhoi has gained a lot of experience and know how by building the SU-57, Superjet 100, SU-35 and SU-34. Plus many other aircraft under the United Aircraft Corporation umbrella have been built such as MiG-35, MC-21, TU-214R and more. This will aid and speed up develop, lower cost and help in setting up production lines quicker.

View attachment 101429
Display pattern is still old style. Analogue gauges in digital form similar to Su-35. The right side smaller MFD is straight out of a Su-35. I'll stick my neck out and say MWF cockpit will be better

Neptune

Country flag
Display pattern is still old style. Analogue gauges in digital form similar to Su-35. The right side smaller MFD is straight out of a Su-35. I'll stick my neck out and say MWF cockpit will be better
The F-35 has literally the same style displays. The interfaces can be changed into a dozen different configurations for what suits the pilot and mission. The pilot can choose to not even have those gauges and instead opt for radar information and navigation or weapons status. Everything is redundant anyways. The HUD displays, altitude, attitude, speed, heading and a lot more information.

Trololo

Country flag
The F-35 has literally the same style displays. The interfaces can be changed into a dozen different configurations for what suits the pilot and mission. The pilot can choose to not even have those gauges and instead opt for radar information and navigation or weapons status. Everything is redundant anyways. The HUD displays, altitude, attitude, speed, heading and a lot more information.
Thats not the point. The MMI (Man machine interface) is still Su-35 ish as far as information layout is concerned. This was not the case on the MWF display. But if it can be customized then great. I still wonder why they didnt opt for a sidestick. Would have also allowed for a large pedestal display.

Neptune

Country flag
Thats not the point. The MMI (Man machine interface) is still Su-35 ish as far as information layout is concerned. This was not the case on the MWF display. But if it can be customized then great. I still wonder why they didnt opt for a sidestick. Would have also allowed for a large pedestal display.

I’m not sure how you are able to conclude the MMI is from the SU-35. How would anyone even know how the MMI of the SU-35 works anyways, unless you are a pilot or engineer? In the presentation they mentioned the aircraft has artificial intelligence. Even old Mig-29s were able to land without the pilots input and this was decades ago. With the new helmet and possible data-link integration of the S-70 Okhotnik, conventional wisdom would suggest a much more advanced MMI and overall netsentric capability.

As for a side stick, Sukhoi has tried it. The SU-37 had one, possibly the SU-47 too. They integrated one on the Sukhoi-100 as well. Why production fighters don’t use it? I don’t know, maybe the test pilots didn’t like it because they were used to more traditional center stick?

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Is this real or mock up.Lots of people are saying its mock up in net

And why have a lots of so called Indian defence expert going gaga over it and they are already doubting about future expected/propsed indian air craft like MWF/MCA/tejas 2

Neptune

Country flag
Is this real or mock up.Lots of people are saying its mock up in net

And why have a lots of so called Indian defence expert going gaga over it and they are already doubting about future expected/propsed indian air craft like MWF/MCA/tejas 2

It’s real, it is supposedly the same airframe that will take flight. It’s just not fully ready or converted to fly yet.

Neptune

Country flag
A quick comparison with the F-22, note the smooth tapered blending for RCS reduction around the control surfaces of both aircraft. A lot of attention to detail especially on the first prototype. Usually refined RCS reduction is implemented on much later prototypes. Some ‘stealth’ aircraft don’t even bother with such small details.

The small details and attention to detail is extremely good, I’m exited to see how much better and more refined production models will look.

802125A5-5B1D-4CAA-BF91-25869F7729DA.jpeg

Trololo

Country flag
I’m not sure how you are able to conclude the MMI is from the SU-35. How would anyone even know how the MMI of the SU-35 works anyways, unless you are a pilot or engineer? In the presentation they mentioned the aircraft has artificial intelligence. Even old Mig-29s were able to land without the pilots input and this was decades ago. With the new helmet and possible data-link integration of the S-70 Okhotnik, conventional wisdom would suggest a much more advanced MMI and overall netsentric capability.

As for a side stick, Sukhoi has tried it. The SU-37 had one, possibly the SU-47 too. They integrated one on the Sukhoi-100 as well. Why production fighters don’t use it? I don’t know, maybe the test pilots didn’t like it because they were used to more traditional center stick?
The photos of the display resembles whats publicly available about the Su-35 cockpit. Large artificial horizon, digital gauges (resembling the analog ones) indicating airspeed, hydraulic fuel pressure, etc and a second partition with a large radar picture. In 2018 I had the privilege to sit in the Gripen E cockpit simulator and was very impressed with how the moving map, LDP image, and radar display were shown on the LAD, with the artificial horizon and aircraft fuel and comms parameters on the smaller secondary displays. The moving map certainly was the most impressive, and the bars indicating the fuel levels were more intuitive and easy to understand than the gauges.

While I am not a fighter pilot or an engineer for Sukhoi, I did feel that the image shown for the Checkmate's cockpit is similar to that of the Su35, albeit the latter has 2 displays. Now if thats how the Russian pilots prefer it then thats that. Same goes with the sidestick. It is possibly a result of the air force's preference.

As far as AI is concerned it remains to be seen what kind of non essential tasks are being handed over to the AI assistant.

Trololo

Country flag
The photos of the display resembles whats publicly available about the Su-35 cockpit. Large artificial horizon, digital gauges (resembling the analog ones) indicating airspeed, hydraulic fuel pressure, etc and a second partition with a large radar picture. In 2018 I had the privilege to sit in the Gripen E cockpit simulator and was very impressed with how the moving map, LDP image, and radar display were shown on the LAD, with the artificial horizon and aircraft fuel and comms parameters on the smaller secondary displays. The moving map certainly was the most impressive, and the bars indicating the fuel levels were more intuitive and easy to understand than the gauges.

While I am not a fighter pilot or an engineer for Sukhoi, I did feel that the image shown for the Checkmate's cockpit is similar to that of the Su35, albeit the latter has 2 displays. Now if thats how the Russian pilots prefer it then thats that. Same goes with the sidestick. It is possibly a result of the air force's preference.

As far as AI is concerned it remains to be seen what kind of non essential tasks are being handed over to the AI assistant.
LCA cockpit (Mk1 and Mk1A):
1627177964399.png

AMCA cockpit simulator at AI-2021:
1627178123046.png

It does appear here that the same design and presentation language has been carried over from the LCA, albeit with a different flavour. This could be an intermediate step as well at this point. But the idea here is that you will notice the same design and presentation flavour in the Checkmate when you compare it with the Su-35. It could be an intermediate stage, or could be similar to the final outcome. Of course the choice will be heavily influenced by Russian pilots.

bhramos

Country flag
Interesting!! Russia’s Checkmate Light Tactical Fighter

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Yo, you seems like the guy to ask... Id there any chance Su-75 Checkmate will have a STOVL jumpjet version for Navy (AFAIK one was under-development)?

It's tail design looks very much Yak-38/141.
1627191799802.png

I do not know but in Russian Forums they think it might have a V/STOL version

here I leave you a few forums where you can see their opinions

1627192013330.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles