New Russian single engine fighter jet

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
So moderation team is happy with random responses which has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, as reply. Good, let that be a template from now on.

No wonder where we are headed.... Let me better stick to chit chat thread only.
So your way of enforcing moderation will be by abusing members’ mothers and telling their bra sizes? Take a break and calm down.

We are headed pretty good. There is more diverse opinion pouring on this forum and people are engaged in multiple topics not just politics and chit chat.

Now please stay on topic without being cocky and a bully.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Too early to make comments on its capabilities. I will wait for more data released by Russians. Somehow when I see new jets I kind of start thinking about their weapon package.

A year back I was reading an article where new weapon systems developed by USA were detailed. New systems are conceived upon new doctrines. The change in doctrine was to make current generation of BVRS and other missiles smaller yet with more range in order to pack internal weapon bays with lot of them. Looks like their is breakthrough with fuel and propulsion systems.

Russians generally wait for American platforms; study the doctrine behind them and start countering it with their own platforms.

arkos

Country flag
Too early to make comments on its capabilities. I will wait for more data released by Russians. Somehow when I see new jets I kind of start thinking about their weapon package.

A year back I was reading an article where new weapon systems developed by USA were detailed. New systems are conceived upon new doctrines. The change in doctrine was to make current generation of BVRS and other missiles smaller yet with more range in order to pack internal weapon bays with lot of them. Looks like their is breakthrough with fuel and propulsion systems.

Russians generally wait for American platforms; study the doctrine behind them and start countering it with their own platforms.
1.jpg

KAB-250LG-E, K08BE, KAB-500S-E guided aerial bombs

2.jpg

3.jpg

Grom-E1 aircraft guided missile and the Grom-E2 gliding missile, which are used against ground and sea targets with known coordinates.

Aircraft anti-ship missiles Kh-31AD and Kh-35UE, as well as the extended-range missile Kh-59MK for destroying surface ships and transport vessels. For the first time, a modernized version of the Kh-59MK is shown, capable of effectively hitting powerful concrete shelters.

Aviation modular short-range missiles of the Kh-38ME type are presented in two versions:
Kh-38MLE - with inertial + satellite + semi-active laser guidance systems;
Kh-38MTE - with inertial + satellite + thermal imaging guidance system.

Air-to-radar aircraft missiles Kh-31PD, Kh-31PK and Kh-58USHKE.

4.jpg

RVV-BD (long-range), RVV-SD (medium-range) and RVV-MD (short-range).

5.jpg

Source : https://bmpd.livejournal.com/

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
You guys have reminded me of my posting in gynaecology ward where I did my first D&C procedure to remove someone’s unwanted Child.

Take this as warning as I have edited a lot of personal exchanges. Bans will be served and thread will be locked. Leave alone ad-hominem don’t even answer off topic posts but report them.

Best Regards.
Gynec postings really are something.
Completely killed my interest in internship.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Pakistan and china are definitely potential customer for this new "checkmate" aircraft as i commented earlier this aircraft will be copied and mass produced by Chinese in one way or another it will definitely end up in porkis hand just like any other Russian equipment.

And we should not forget that Pakistan and Russia are really cozy these days regarding Afghanistan and in general relationship military to military diplomacy to designing and providing engines for JF-17. To the point of blackmailing india to buy new products or we will sell this that to Pakistan. And porks also bought new Russian helicopters.

Russia have signed an agreement for the construction of about 1,100-km gas pipeline from Port Qasim in Karachi to Lahore at an estimated cost of USD 2.5-3 billion by the end of 2023, according to a media report on Friday.

The Heads of Terms (HoTs) of shareholders' agreement was signed on Thursday after four days of talks, the Dawn News reported. The two sides also signed minutes of the third meeting of the Russia-Pakistan Joint Technical Committee (JTC) for implementation of the Pakstream Gas Pipeline Project commonly known as North-South Gas project.

The two sides agreed over 74:26 per cent shareholding in the special purpose vehicle (SPV) for the project. This envisages both put option' and call option' to Russian side which means its entities can move out of the project if it is not found feasible or increase its shareholding to 49 per cent if it is able to provide attractive financing arrangements acceptable to Pakistan. In any case, Pakistani entities will maintain majority shareholding.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Pakistan and china are definitely potential customer for this new "checkmate" aircraft as i commented earlier this aircraft will be copied and mass produced by Chinese in one way or another it will definitely end up in porkis hand just like any other Russian equipment.

And we should not forget that Pakistan and Russia are really cozy these days regarding Afghanistan and in general relationship military to military diplomacy to designing and providing engines for JF-17. To the point of blackmailing india to buy new products or we will sell this that to Pakistan. And porks also bought new Russian helicopters.

Russia have signed an agreement for the construction of about 1,100-km gas pipeline from Port Qasim in Karachi to Lahore at an estimated cost of USD 2.5-3 billion by the end of 2023, according to a media report on Friday.

The Heads of Terms (HoTs) of shareholders' agreement was signed on Thursday after four days of talks, the Dawn News reported. The two sides also signed minutes of the third meeting of the Russia-Pakistan Joint Technical Committee (JTC) for implementation of the Pakstream Gas Pipeline Project commonly known as North-South Gas project.

The two sides agreed over 74:26 per cent shareholding in the special purpose vehicle (SPV) for the project. This envisages both put option' and call option' to Russian side which means its entities can move out of the project if it is not found feasible or increase its shareholding to 49 per cent if it is able to provide attractive financing arrangements acceptable to Pakistan. In any case, Pakistani entities will maintain majority shareholding.

I do not think this aircraft is directed to China or Pakistan.

This aircraft is a moden MiG-21 equivalent, directed to any nation that my face F-35s.
1626915735554.png

China is now deploying so many aircraft that is unlikely they will buy it.

Pakistan i doubt it, but who knows.

1626915875785.png

1626915906298.png

1626916229759.png

Last edited:

Trololo

Country flag
I think the Checkmate will have multiple versions in terms of configuration and specs. The 25-20 mn USD price is probably for the absolute barebones version that consists of the airframe, basic sensor package (possibly Zhuk-AE derived radar), and minimum weapons suite (a short range and medium range missile, 1-2 PGMs).

But, given whats on the Su-57, this plane can possibly be kitted out with almost everything thats on the Felon, which will jack up its price to somewhere around the 50-70 mn USD mark. That means the full range of sensors from the Felon (Byelka radar, Himalayas EWS, Atoll DIRCM, etc etc), the full complement of all Russian weapons including very long range weapons and anything else that can go on the Su-57, along with customer specific modifications.

India will most likely be offered this version with license manufacturing and freedom to put in the AMCA's avionics.

We should, of course, reject it.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
I think the Checkmate will have multiple versions in terms of configuration and specs. The 25-20 mn USD price is probably for the absolute barebones version that consists of the airframe, basic sensor package (possibly Zhuk-AE derived radar), and minimum weapons suite (a short range and medium range missile, 1-2 PGMs).

But, given whats on the Su-57, this plane can possibly be kitted out with almost everything thats on the Felon, which will jack up its price to somewhere around the 50-70 mn USD mark. That means the full range of sensors from the Felon (Byelka radar, Himalayas EWS, Atoll DIRCM, etc etc), the full complement of all Russian weapons including very long range weapons and anything else that can go on the Su-57, along with customer specific modifications.

India will most likely be offered this version with license manufacturing and freedom to put in the AMCA's avionics.

We should, of course, reject it.
why reject it? the only posibility to reject something is if you have something as good or better, if you have not it is better get it

Trololo

Country flag
why reject it? the only posibility to reject something is if you have something as good or better, if you have not it is better get it
Once you have air superiority over an adversary, 5th gen platforms aren't needed to fight anymore.

For Pakistan, a section of Rafales, MWFs, MKIs, M2000s, and MRSAM+S400s are enough to flatten the PAF and prevent it from taking off. Even without a 5th Gen aircraft we are good with Pakistan. (This assumes that the Indian set of BVRs will be ready on time, and judging by the pace of the Astra program things look good).

For China in the current scenario we have a slightly upper hand thanks to the Rafale. The J-20 isn't ready yet, and by the time it is, we will start inducting the AMCA. Between now and 2030 the major options we have are increasing the number of Rafales and accelerating the MWF rollout, out of which only the former is a concrete proposition since the latter is still not ready. The F-35 is also the only possible 5th gen plane we can induct to deal with the PLAAF if push comes to shove regarding a 5G airframe.

Also we do not know what engine is going to be mounted on the Checkmate, and hence can't say about the reliability.

For our scenario, the MWF, AMCA, TEDBF (and ORCA) are the future.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Once you have air superiority over an adversary, 5th gen platforms aren't needed to fight anymore.

For Pakistan, a section of Rafales, MWFs, MKIs, M2000s, and MRSAM+S400s are enough to flatten the PAF and prevent it from taking off. Even without a 5th Gen aircraft we are good with Pakistan. (This assumes that the Indian set of BVRs will be ready on time, and judging by the pace of the Astra program things look good).

For China in the current scenario we have a slightly upper hand thanks to the Rafale. The J-20 isn't ready yet, and by the time it is, we will start inducting the AMCA. Between now and 2030 the major options we have are increasing the number of Rafales and accelerating the MWF rollout, out of which only the former is a concrete proposition since the latter is still not ready. The F-35 is also the only possible 5th gen plane we can induct to deal with the PLAAF if push comes to shove regarding a 5G airframe.

Also we do not know what engine is going to be mounted on the Checkmate, and hence can't say about the reliability.

For our scenario, the MWF, AMCA, TEDBF (and ORCA) are the future.
the Future is difficult to predict, but in 2021, my opinion this new light weight fighter by Sukhoi is a new Mig-21.

It supercruises something I doubt F-35 does, and J-31 is not even thoght to do it.

So it is a very good fighter, it is cheap, more stealthy than J-31 or F-35 and it is cheap, if you need it or not will depend in your science or technology, but i think Russia is betting you will buy it.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
the Future is difficult to predict, but in 2021, my opinion this new light weight fighter by Sukhoi is a new Mig-21.

It supercruises something I doubt F-35 does, and J-31 is not even thoght to do it.

So it is a very good fighter, it is cheap, more stealthy than J-31 or F-35 and it is cheap, if you need it or not will depend in your science or technology, but i think Russia is betting you will buy it.
The large sweep angle is indeed conducive to supersonic flight, but when will the product 30 be ready and what the wing load is, more information is needed.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Checkmate is premature. It's too early to declare its success or failure. More importantly it has no production ready 5th gen engine at the moment. So what we can all discuss probably is the looks... here I don't have a favorable view of it. Mig-29, Su-27 and Su-57 have good looks (if they look good they probably flies good), not this one though.

I cannot get over that cartoonish open mouth.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Checkmate is premature. It's too early to declare its success or failure. More importantly it has no production ready 5th gen engine at the moment. So what we can all discuss probably is the looks... here I don't have a favorable view of it. Mig-26, Su-27 and Su-57 have good looks (if they look good they probably flies good), not this one though. I cannot get over that cartoonish open mouth.
Its somewhat not good looking but a beauty near the x32

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
The large sweep angle is indeed conducive to supersonic flight, but when will the product 30 be ready and what the wing load is, more information is needed.
Type 30 is already flying on Su-57 on test

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Plus with that intake design, it's hard to make a bigger nose section that can accommodate bigger radars (Russian electronics tend to be bulkier than Western analogues so they need bigger housing). It's interesting how Sukhoi can install a capable Russian radar with that limited nose area.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Type 30 is already flying on Su-57 on test
If it goes well, it will take at least 5 years for the product 30 to be officially finalized, and the supply of su57 needs to be given priority. Moreover, this single-engine fighter has insufficient avionics and has insufficient range, which will not be too attractive for countries other than Russia

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If it goes well, it will take at least 5 years for the product 30 to be officially finalized, and the supply of su57 needs to be given priority. Moreover, this single-engine fighter has insufficient avionics and has insufficient range, which will not be too attractive for countries other than Russia

Engine is the most critical component and perhaps most expensive and difficult to develop in a fighter hence, a fighter is supposed to be designed around an engine and not the other way around. Russians on the other hand in their 5th gen fighters are doing the opposite.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Engine is the most critical component and perhaps most expensive and difficult to develop in a fighter hence, a fighter is supposed to be designed around an engine and not the other way around. Russians on the other hand in their 5th gen fighters are doing the opposite.
I do not think so
Products depend on demand. In history, there have been many aircraft with poor engines, which have achieved good results, such as F4 and F14A,
I am mainly wondering whether this single-engine fifth-generation fighter can meet the needs of future air combat.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles