New helmet for cover?

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Are these the new standard helmets for the IA? Or are they simply covering the steels old ones?

rohit b3

Country flag
We had seen such helmets during exercise Yudh Abhyas with US as well. They are probably in limited stock and just used for joint exercises.

In real operations i always see them back in their inferior gear.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
New stuff is given to unit which is going to take part with exercise with foreign armies.

rugved

The IA administration seriously needs to do something about the infantry's outdated second world war helmets. :yuno:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Tin buckets looks good with some tap and clothes ..

Rohan Nautiyal

We had seen such helmets during exercise Yudh Abhyas with US as well. They are probably in limited stock and just used for joint exercises.

In real operations i always see them back in their inferior gear.
INFERIOR??? Mate these tin buckets can take a blow of 9mm bullet.... And the same helmet saved my father's life once in J&K.... Patkas provide superior protection to all around the head except the upper part of the head.... Because Patkas were basically designed for Sikh soldiers.... Same any other helmet in the world can only stand a 9mm bullets.... You may have also heard that no helmet in the world can withstand a forcefull 7.62 or 5.56 mm bullet.... Only a few rare cases are there when the helmet stopped the bullet... A soldier of 4 Jat said that during 1971 war his helmet took a Burst dire of a LMG.... The helmet was there intact and he was saved......
Cheers.....

mikhail

Country flag

Are these the new standard helmets for the IA? Or are they simply covering the steels old ones?
these are not new helmets but the same OR-201 helmets that the I.A. bought from Israel in the early 2000s for our PARA(SF).now as the PARAs are getting new level -III kevler helmets these old ones(though they aren't as old as those tin bucket helmets worn by the regular infantry) are being passed on to the regular infantry and mechanised battalions.btw this helmet was a 1st generation Kevlar helmet...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Those are tin buckets but Para ones are diffrerent, These are few examples here at my place ..

these are not new helmets but the same OR-201 helmets that the I.A. bought from Israel in the early 2000s for our PARA(SF).now as the PARAs are getting new level -III kevler helmets these old ones(though they aren't as old as those tin bucket helmets worn by the regular infantry) are being passed on to the regular infantry and mechanised battalions.btw this helmet was a 1st generation Kevlar helmet...

rugved

The helmets shown in the following video are the best:

The defence ministry should keep these helmets of the IA as part of the standard equipment for the infantry.

Last edited by a moderator:

prcachia

So, if they are not ex-Para Orlite helmets, they surely do not seem to be Model 1974 fibreglass helmets. If you look at the liner inside the helmet, it is totally different. It is more padded and cushioned, and even the chinstrap is different (black and fixed in three points). So, what helmet models are they, who uses them and when were they introduced into service?
001.jpg
002.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles