New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

Which Contender`s Rifle has more chances of winning than others?

• Total voters

Kchontha

Country flag
Can anybody speak about MCIWS progress

Can we take foreign company help (as consultant) to audit and suggest changes to MCIWS
Seems like a 7.62x39 version of MCIWS is perfected and now it is in the hands of RR, Assam rifles and some state police forces.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Seems like a 7.62x39 version of MCIWS is perfected and now it is in the hands of RR, Assam rifles and some state police forces.

???
MCIWS was axed after DRDO perfected it, was it not?
Do you have any pics or some other source for this news?

Kchontha

Country flag
???
MCIWS was axed after DRDO perfected it, was it not?
Do you have any pics or some other source for this news?
trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2018/10/from-prithvi-to-pralay.html?m=1

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2018/10/from-prithvi-to-pralay.html?m=1

Link not working: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DognXjXU8AAV8Kj.jp

BTW, this is what Prasun is saying:-
"This TAR has since been ordered by several State Police Forces & CAPFs, while further development led to the MCIWS' body being integrated with the 7.62 x 39 barrel & ammo magazine of the TAR. It is this resultant hybrid of the MCIWS & TAR that is now in series production for both the CAPFs & the Rashtriya Rifles & Assam Rifles, with excellent feedbacks coming in so far."

So its TAR-MCIWS hybrid, not MCIWS.
Nice write-up on Pralay though. And finally an answer about what happened to Shaurya SSM.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag

"This TAR has since been ordered by several State Police Forces & CAPFs, while further development led to the MCIWS' body being integrated with the 7.62 x 39 barrel & ammo magazine of the TAR. It is this resultant hybrid of the MCIWS & TAR that is now in series production for both the CAPFs & the Rashtriya Rifles & Assam Rifles, with excellent feedbacks coming in so far."

Nice write-up on Pralay though. And finally an answer about what happened to Shaurya SSM.
Link is working,bhai.
Just add .jpg extension to the link, 'g' is cut off while copying. Here is the link.:)https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DognXjXU8AAV8Kj.jpg

Kchontha

Country flag

No one stated that MCIWS is in service but I stated that a 7.62x39 version of MCIWS was perfected and in service, these two are different rifles.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No one stated that MCIWS is in service but I stated that a 7.62x39 version of MCIWS was perfected and in service, these two are different rifles.

Nope.........................
All versions of MCIWS are closed....

Kchontha

Country flag
Nope.........................
All versions of MCIWS are closed....
Any source in support of your statement. Or did drdo/arde state that all versions of AAR/MCIWS are dumped?

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

He stated a modified AK was new MCIWS. He's wrong.

MCIWS is pretty much shelved at this point.

Kchontha

Country flag
He stated a modified AK was new MCIWS. He's wrong.

MCIWS is pretty much shelved at this point.
I also thought he is wrong in that case but nobody is coming up with hard concrete evidence that MCIWS (née aar) is completely dumped by drdo/arde.

Flame Thrower

Wrong!

The Indian and many other imported rifles fail during (I guess) 2000 round burnout test. There are only two stoppages permitted. Much of the imported and Indian INSAS -1c and others failed. I have no idea how did the imported stuff behaved but Russian AK-47 and M-16 a got burnout at about 850 to 900 rounds. In the You tube there are video of these burnout tests and flames/smoke could be seen coming out after live fire drill with that many rounds. Most of the Indian made and imported brands failed to pass this test.

Metallurgy of the rifle and more specifically barrel is the key. India has not mastered that. It is unlikely that mastery will be achieved any time soon. When American gun makers make copies of Russian AK-47, they import the barrel material from Russia.

So remember that, before you go too critical of Indian design.
Can you please provide the source of IA testing.

I am more interested about the tests

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I also thought he is wrong in that case but nobody is coming up with hard concrete evidence that MCIWS (née aar) is completely dumped by drdo/arde.

He literally pointed at a modified FAB AK as the new MCIWS. He has made several mistakes like this before. Dont get me wrong, I like the guy cause he's a great source of new content, but a lot of times he jumps the gun.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Ribbon Gun is Roman Ballista.

It is light artillery or a field gun not rifle for a soldier.

mohitbhagat

Country flag
So Sig Sauer quoted a battle rifle chambered in 7.62 nato for $990 which roughly translates to Rs 74000 and Caracal quoted a smaller carbine chambered in 5.56 nato for $1150 which roughly translates to Rs 86000. Even though it's quite strange to see a lighter and smaller rifle chambered in 5.56 nato will cost much more than a full sized battle rifle chambered in 7.62 nato.
But what is most interesting in this news is that we are being offered these excellent weapons in a very good price. A price good enough to issue these rifles to the entire infantry. Also we need to keep in mind that these offers were for a limited numbers of rifles that are in thousands. When we'll induct these in lakhs the prices will automatically come down. So why go for Ak's when we can have these rifles licence produced in India at reasonable costs.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So Sig Sauer quoted a battle rifle chambered in 7.62 nato for $990 which roughly translates to Rs 74000 and Caracal quoted a smaller carbine chambered in 5.56 nato for $1150 which roughly translates to Rs 86000. Even though it's quite strange to see a lighter and smaller rifle chambered in 5.56 nato will cost much more than a full sized battle rifle chambered in 7.62 nato.
But what is most interesting in this news is that we are being offered these excellent weapons in a very good price. A price good enough to issue these rifles to the entire infantry. Also we need to keep in mind that these offers were for a limited numbers of rifles that are in thousands. When we'll induct these in lakhs the prices will automatically come down. So why go for Ak's when we can have these rifles licence produced in India at reasonable costs.
Where did you get the numbers from?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles