Nepal economy thread - news and Discussions

Covfefe

Country flag
Most of it will be Tunnels and bridges construction cost is high but it will give china access to indian borders (including the chicken’s neck)
See this map
View attachment 151086
accessing chicken’s neck via Kathmandu is no big deal
Bruh, if China wants to attack "Chicken's neck" why the hell will it cross Nepal, Bihar and then enter Bengal. There's a good goddamn point near Sikkim Bhutan China border. And Chicken's neck is a very very heavily militarised zone, you'll literally be facing attack from 3 sides in the so called neck.
Keep your dreams about factories in Tibet and Flying horses in Patna's Gandhi Maidan alive- no problems there. But train route to Kathmandu and Chicken's neck near Jalpaiguri in Bengal are two very different things- like geographically different, not some figurative bs.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bruh, if China wants to attack "Chicken's neck" why the hell will it cross Nepal, Bihar and then enter Bengal. There's a good goddamn point near Sikkim Bhutan China border. And Chicken's neck is a very very heavily militarised zone, you'll literally be facing attack from 3 sides in the so called neck.
Keep your dreams about factories in Tibet and Flying horses in Patna's Gandhi Maidan alive- no problems there. But train route to Kathmandu and Chicken's neck near Jalpaiguri in Bengal are two very different things- like geographically different, not some figurative bs.
Chicken’s neck is mostly in Bihar and a small part is in Bengal and The easiest way to block Chicken’s neck is via Nepal see this map
1650112468824.jpeg

China has clearly stated that they will extend the kerung Kathmandu railway line till india Nepal Border in Bihar province which will provide easy and swift access to chicken’s neck

Covfefe

Country flag
Chicken’s neck is mostly in Bihar and a small part is in Bengal and The easiest way to block Chicken’s neck is via Nepal see this map
View attachment 151130
I know I'll regret this but
Bhai do you know which districts of Bihar and Bengal are there in this "neck"? And then what is there to their north in Nepal? Big fucking Himalayan ranges, how do you plan to move Chinese army thru Himalayan ranges? In trains thru Kathmandu? Genius, that's peacetime/standoff deployment. In a war the first thing that'll be blown off is a bridge on that train track in Himalayas. That's your plan of invading India? Panitanki, Kishanganj, Thakurganj, Jalpaiguri are the last semblance of any plain lands. Anything north of it is hills. Use physical maps also sometimes it'll help you. And Nepal will go to war with India for China? Perfect 🙏

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I know I'll regret this but
Bhai do you know which districts of Bihar and Bengal are there in this "neck"? And then what is there to their north in Nepal? Big fucking Himalayan ranges, how do you plan to move Chinese army thru Himalayan ranges? In trains thru Kathmandu? Genius, that's peacetime/standoff deployment. In a war the first thing that'll be blown off is a bridge on that train track in Himalayas. That's your plan of invading India? Panitanki, Kishanganj, Thakurganj, Jalpaiguri are the last semblance of any plain lands. Anything north of it is hills. Use physical maps also sometimes it'll help you. And Nepal will go to war with India for China? Perfect 🙏
Nehru lived in the same delusion that China can never cross Himalayas to attack Arunachal Pradesh
Why India didn’t blow the supply lines of China in 1962 at that time they didn’t even have train tracks or expressways in Tibbet , in those days China was financially and millitarily weaker than India still they managed to grab the land claimed by India and you think today a great economic and millitary superpower like China cannot repeat the same

Vikram314

Country flag
in those days China was financially and millitarily weaker than India still they managed to grab the land claimed by India and you think today a great economic and millitary superpower like China cannot repeat the same
No.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
China is trying hard to connect Kathmandu and Beijing with high speed rail corridors and Expressways they’re investing heavily in studying the terrain and developing the technology they’re ready to spend 2.75 billion USD in preparing the dpr alone

If India doesn’t complete the expressway and high speed rail corridor projects in Bihar Jharkhand Bengal then Nepal will find it easier and cheaper to trade with china via Tibbet than doing the same via Kolkata port
You have to connect Kathmandu and other cities of Nepal with Kolkata if you don’t want China to overtake India as the biggest trading partner of Nepal
HSR won't be economically feasible for trade with Nepal. Simply because of the mountains that the Chinese have to slice through in order to get from Nepal to the nearest Chinese port. The cost per kilometre would be prohibitive and there would be no way that Nepal will be able to afford that kind of charges.

Look at the current situation that Nepal is in; received $500 million from a US company for 'development aid', while banning import of non-essential 'luxury' items. They are a couple of steps away from defaulting like how Sri Lanka has done. We cannot and should not be giving out billions just like that, knowing that these are just band-aid fixes to a tumour.

Nepal's excessive dependence on tourism and agriculture does not do it well. There are a lot of high-value products that the Himalayas churns out but they aren't marketed properly. For example, things like yak cheese in Nepal's remote areas is among the best in terms of fat and nutrient contents and can be a high-value export. However, the poor logistics, limited exposure to the world, etc., ensure that they never reach the market and compete with, say, the Balkan mountain donkey cheese (called Pule cheese, the most expensive on earth right now).

The Nepalis and Lankans have a similar economic structure: tourism, agriculture, fisheries and that's about it. They need to think of producing something more valuable. I was reading a report on how many infrastructure projects have been funded by IMF/WB in Nepal. Turns out, it's almost the entire critical infrastructure there.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
He is right. China was then weaker than we were back then. They are more ideologically motivated and militarily focused than the chaotic democracy that we are. Even today, just their focus on developing their capability is much higher.

China looms over Nepal like a shadow and there is no denial. As much as I hate to say this, Nepalis cannot be appeased. Left to them, they will continue veering between us and the Chinese. India needs to be decisive in securing Nepal. Not territorially, but politically. Sort of like how USA does with Canada.

Kumata

Country flag
Chinese infrastructure is way beyond anything india can even dream of because Chinese believe everything is possible Indians don’t
@ezsasa Pls help. irrelevant posts on the thread ...

@Chandragupt Maurya what your rant have to do with thread topic... we know what we can do and so does china... pls stop spamming...

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Guys, back to Nepal's discussion. How much do you think we can finance them? While Lankans are not averse to Indian management when times are tough, Nepalis are very divided between pro-and anti-India. The current coalition that rules Nepal, is made up of both these sides in an awkward arrangement.

Do you think that they would allow financial planners from SBI Capital or the Ministry of Finance would help them restructure their finances and be more prepared to meet IMF/World Bank needs? Given that the Nepalis are looking to diversify their aid sources away from us and the Chinese, they are open to receiving more funds from the USA and the West. Hence, their condemnation of Russia.

I don't think that we would be able to pay too much given that we are not that big of an economy and have our internal issues to resolve.

Kumata

Country flag
Guys, back to Nepal's discussion. How much do you think we can finance them? While Lankans are not averse to Indian management when times are tough, Nepalis are very divided between pro-and anti-India. The current coalition that rules Nepal, is made up of both these sides in an awkward arrangement.

Do you think that they would allow financial planners from SBI Capital or the Ministry of Finance would help them restructure their finances and be more prepared to meet IMF/World Bank needs? Given that the Nepalis are looking to diversify their aid sources away from us and the Chinese, they are open to receiving more funds from the USA and the West. Hence, their condemnation of Russia.

I don't think that we would be able to pay too much given that we are not that big of an economy and have our internal issues to resolve.
There is no need to finance them at the moment. good thing is that they realized the folly early and have taken necessary steps unlike Sri lankan who went straight way into melt down.

It will make a difference that Unlike rajapaksa .. Nepal have a good Leadership with people,s majority. Rajapaksa was in bed with china too long IMO.

Moreover, Nepalese troubles are not due to Chinese debt per se but more out of the fallout of current geo political events. IMO, US is squeezing dollars off world markets...Our own dollar reserve have fallen for straight 5 weeks as on today.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Nepal Exports and imports a lot of things using Kolkata port and there is no need to cross entire China if population infrastructure and economy of Tibbet grows Nepal would flourish trading with Tibbet alone
Tibet's area is 2,500,000 sq. KM and its population about 3.6 million. Its average elevation is 4800 ft. and it barely sees rain. It's geography makes it a hard place to live. So Tibet will get prosperous by modern standard is near impossibility even if China pours money in it. So, good luck to you.

karn

Country flag
No potato chips , no playing cards ..
What is the status of those dams that were supposed to sell electricity to India?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
@Chandragupt Maurya. I suspect that you are a Manipur meiti .
Thy e have a history of a pan Mongolian insurgency in 60s and 70s .
Those ideas are redundant buddy, leave them behind .
You already got your state 69 ,I guess .
What buff you have with Dilli now ?
Go buy some lands in the hill tracts and start worship of your local diety "kangla" we mayangs dont hate you buddy .
Manipuri king did a good thing by joining union of india , as far far kabow hill tracts are concerned, it was already under defacto burmese rule when pm Nehru formally gave it to burma , so now we can do nothing over it ,I know you Manipuris claim it.

Angel of War

Country flag
@Chandragupt Maurya. I suspect that you are a Manipur meiti .
Thy e have a history of a pan Mongolian insurgency in 60s and 70s .
Those ideas are redundant buddy, leave them behind .
You already got your state 69 ,I guess .
What buff you have with Dilli now ?
Go buy some lands in the hill tracts and start worship of your local diety "kangla" we mayangs dont hate you buddy .
Manipuri king did a good thing by joining union of india , as far far kabow hill tracts are concerned, it was already under defacto burmese rule when pm Nehru formally gave it to burma , so now we can do nothing over it ,I know you Manipuris claim it.
How do you know he's manipuri ?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
How do you know he's manipuri ?
He asays he is a Mongolian Nationalist.
If you read about history of insurgency in North east , then you will know what i mean to say .
I have deduced that he might be manipuri, these guys have long history of demanding state hood , mighty Delhi won't give it to them thus they chose the way of violence along with Nagas , mizos and the likes

Angel of War

Country flag
He asays he is a Mongolian Nationalist.
If you read about history of insurgency in North east , then you will know what i mean to say .
I have deduced that he might be manipuri, these guys have long history of demanding state hood , mighty Delhi won't give it to them thus they chose the way of violence along with Nagas , mizos and the likes
just because he's a mongolian nationalist dosen't mean he is a metei . He can be a mizo , bodo , ahom , nepali , monpa , Kuki , garo , khasi , etc . All of these groups have a history of their own and their differences with delhi are totally legitimate . You won't believe what their people had to go through for the first 50 years of independence . So it's natural they will have some form of resentment against centre . Please don't point out a particular group like you pointed out the meteis . Meteis despite the small size of their community have contributed so much to this country , they have punched above their weight for this country's benefits as seen in sports , military , etc . In army you'll find many metei officers

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles