Naxalite violence in India, Pictures & Videos

bhramos

Country flag
Suspected Maoist nabbed in Chhattisgarh

Kanker, September 24 (ANI): In a co-ordinated operation, Chhattisgarh police and BSF personnel, on Thursday nabbed a suspected Maoist from dense forests of Bhanupratap Pur in state's Kanker district. The arrested rebel, identified as Anesh Usendi, was later produced before the designated judge at Bhanupratap Pur where he was remanded to police custody. Police also recovered a gun, bomb and wire at his behest. The Maoists have spread into the rural pockets of 20 of India's 28 states, and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has termed them as the country's biggest internal security threat.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
Maoists block railway track construction in Jharkhand

Latehar, September 24 (ANI): Maoists torched two excavator machines that were engaged in the construction of the Lohardaga-Tori railway link in Latehar district in Jharkhand on Wednesday. The staff of the construction company disclosed this on Thursday informing that the incident took place around 8.30 pm, when some unidentified rebels attacked the construction site. Maoist attacks have become more frequent this year, especially after the federal government launched Operation Green Hunt, a coordinated security offensive involving tens of thousands of police and paramilitary personnel to flush out the rebels from their jungle hideouts in central and eastern Indian states

bhramos

Country flag
CRPF jawan, Maoist killed in west Bengal

bhramos

Country flag
Police arrest four Maoists, bust hideouts in Jharkhand

bhramos

Country flag
Police probe Maoists' claim of policemen abduction in Chhattisgarh

bhramos

Country flag
Twelve Maoists, three cops killed in encounter in Jharkhand

Ranchi, September 28 (ANI): Three personnel of Jharkhand COBRA Force and 12 Maoists were killed during a massive anti-Maoists operation launched jointly by police of Jharkhand and Orissa in Saranda jungles of West Singhbhum district in Jharkhand. The recovered bodies of the slain security personnel were brought to Ranchi on Monday. The encounter took place when the police and paramilitary personnel were combing the area for bodies of rebels and one policeman, killed earlier on Sunday.

bhramos

Country flag
CRPF jawan, Maoist killed in west Bengal

West Bengal, September 26 (ANI): A CRPF jawan and a Maoist were killed in a gunfight in trouble-torn West Midnapore district on early Saturday. Acting on a tip-off joint security, forces rushed to Bandarbari forest in Binpur police station area and started combing operation to nab the Maoists. According Superintendent of Police, Jhargram Praveen Tripathi, the operation was led by the 184 battalion of the CRPF along with the Jhargram district police and the paramilitary Cobra force

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Kill them all.

"Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."

bhramos

Country flag
Maoists murder two villagers in Chhattisgarh

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/ANImultimedia#p/u/0/HmUwPfuKoGc[/video]
Chhattisgarh/ West Bengal, November 5 (ANI): In yet another gruesome incident of Maoists unleashing brutality, the rebels murdered two villagers in Rajanandgaon district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday. The deceased identified as Gopi Ram and Rajendra Koreti, were killed by the Maoists on suspicion of being informants to the police. Meanwhile, in yet other incident security personnel were successful in arresting two suspected Maoists in Bankura region of West Bengal

pmaitra

Use a thorn to remove a thorn.

I actually admire what Chairman Mao said, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

The Indian security forces must do exactly that. Use the gun and overpower the Maoists. These pests need to be eliminated, once and for all!

mayfair

Use a thorn to remove a thorn.

I actually admire what Chairman Mao said, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

The Indian security forces must do exactly that. Use the gun and overpower the Maoists. These pests need to be eliminated, once and for all!
You cannot get rid of an obnoxious weed without ferreting out and disposing its roots. Unless we deal with the enemies within- pseudo intellectuals, journalists, NGOs, activists, politicos and officials- the problem will keep rearing its head again. Some out of the box thinking is needed in this aspect. Take cue from Sri Lanka or even what China has done in Tibet and Turkestan.

badguy2000

Respected Member
You cannot get rid of an obnoxious weed without ferreting out and disposing its roots. Unless we deal with the enemies within- pseudo intellectuals, journalists, NGOs, activists, politicos and officials- the problem will keep rearing its head again. Some out of the box thinking is needed in this aspect. Take cue from Sri Lanka or even what China has done in Tibet and Turkestan.
unfair land distribution system and caste are the soil of Maoism rebels.....you can not get rid of Maoists before you get rid of the soil.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
On Another thread you talk of the utterly inhumane and despicable acts of China in Tibet and here the talk of taking cue from China on Tibet!!! Sad!

And Yeah, By you, I dont mean just you, but many You's!

The Only way to tackle Naxalism is through a mixed policy of guns and roses! Yes, Guns to be strong and Flow in the fruits of the Modern India into the affected areas! High handed techniques of firing squads wont quell naxalism or maoism or any isms!

We need to be practical. Wiping out the so called pseudo intellectual will make India a China! I dont want to live in a China! I dont want the dissenters to be shot dead! I want Rule of Law, applicable everywhere, including the naxal infected areas to Delhi! We need to only take action against the Intellectuals when they openly flout our laws, and not just write articles and give speeches for publicity! No one listen to Arundhati roy except some terrorists in POK and Pakistan!

pmaitra

unfair land distribution system and caste are the soil of Maoism rebels.....you can not get rid of Maoists before you get rid of the soil.
Thank you for telling me the problem of caste system. Having grown up and lived in India for 26 years in different parts if the country, I never witnessed any casteist discrimination, leave alone violence or for that matter trouble with land distribution. Thanks to you I am knowing a lot more about my country and its problems. Surely, your PRC government propaganda is doing it's job of indoctrinating your minds with half-truths and a generous helping of fairy-tales.

Relax bud, Maoists may have gotten some sympathisers out of poverty and legitimate causes, but most of their support is out of fear, not out of conviction in their ideology.

mayfair

On Another thread you talk of the utterly inhumane and despicable acts of China in Tibet and here the talk of taking cue from China on Tibet!!! Sad!

And Yeah, By you, I dont mean just you, but many You's!

The Only way to tackle Naxalism is through a mixed policy of guns and roses! Yes, Guns to be strong and Flow in the fruits of the Modern India into the affected areas! High handed techniques of firing squads wont quell naxalism or maoism or any isms!

We need to be practical. Wiping out the so called pseudo intellectual will make India a China! I dont want to live in a China! I dont want the dissenters to be shot dead! I want Rule of Law, applicable everywhere, including the naxal infected areas to Delhi! We need to only take action against the Intellectuals when they openly flout our laws, and not just write articles and give speeches for publicity! No one listen to Arundhati roy except some terrorists in POK and Pakistan!
All I did was talk about out of the box thinking and you jumped the gun to assume that I meant shoot them dead. Taking cue from China and Sri Lanka does not imply blind copying of tactics..I meant it's time for tough love. There are many ways of doing that it needs an open mind that's it.

bhramos

Country flag
Police recover bombs planted by Maoists

bhramos

Country flag
Police arrest Mao leader, RK's wife

bhramos

Country flag
Wife of wanted maoist along with 3 cadres arrested in Orissa

bhramos

Country flag
AP urges Centre to declare 7 districts as Naxal-hit

HYDERABAD: In a significant admission that Andhra Pradesh once again faces the threat of a Naxal resurgence, CM N Kiran Kumar Reddy has urged the Centre to declare the border districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, Adilabad, Karimnagar and Warangal as Naxal-affected. His plea also calls for central funds for these districts under the special development plan (SDP).

As of now, Khammam and Visakhapatnam are identified as Naxal-affected, but only Khammam has been getting the SDP funds, which amounted to Rs 300 crore this year. As per the rules, the Centre extends funds under the SDP only to those districts where at least 20 per cent of police stations are affected by Naxal activities.

According to top sources, the government is of the view that there is a hundred per cent possibility of Naxal resurgence in the districts for which it is seeking the central assistance. "Adilabad and Karimnagar border Gadchiroli in Maharashtra, while Warangal and Khammam border Bijapur and Dantewada in Chhattisgarh. East Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam border Malkangiri, Koraput and and Rayagada in Orissa. While the districts in the other three states are already included in the SDP, their neighbouring counterparts in AP have been left out," pointed a senior official in the government.

Other arguments from the state are that most areas in these districts are inaccessible due to lack of road network and, therefore, central funds can help the state break the hold of Naxals and subvert the red corridor that the rebels are claiming to build across the peninsula.

In a meeting with top central officials last week, the state officials pointed out that though there was a gradual decrease in extremist violence in North Telangana, it cannot be taken as a criterion for the actual situation on the ground as there was a very sharp increase in the Naxalite offences and movement in Gadchiroli, Bijapur, Dantewada, Malkangiri and Rayagada districts.

The state officials also pointed that there were large gaps in the network creation across the borders which was not attended to by the SDP initiative.

Among the other initiatives that the Centre is examining to curb the Naxal threat is a proposal to delegate creation of required infrastructure in the Naxal-affected districts to a national agency instead of leaving it to the affected states.

In place of the state agencies, the Centre is considering handing over the responsibility of building the infrastructure to agencies like Border Roads Organization so that the grand plan of the Naxals to build a red corridor is thwarted. "The AP police is on a continuous vigil. But the state cannot control what is happening across its borders. The central assistance will ensure that the Naxals on the run from the other states do not regroup back in AP," claimed a top police official.

Read more: AP urges Centre to declare 7 districts as Naxal-hit - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...xal-hit/articleshow/7164700.cms#ixzz19DDUtIwB

bhramos

Country flag
Maoists have assured safety of abducted officials: Orissa Home Sec

Global Defence

New threads

Articles