Naval LCA Tejas

captscooby81

Country flag
Bhai that 's an pathetic Photoshop image whoever posted it online . i seen so many sharing it without even looking at the image. just look at the Size of LCA and MIG29 both are same size in this pic and look at the ski-jump angle and the jet take off angle both are opposite sides

----------------------------------------------

pankaj nema

Country flag

----------------------------------------------
I hope Members must have seen the Trailer
Of Top Gun 2

The Plane experiences a big jerk as it leaves the deck because Gravity pulls it down

Take off from a deck with an engine that is called underpowered is really challenging

captscooby81

Country flag
That's because of the CATOBAR launch system move the aircraft in straight line so when it leaves the ship it gives that small drop feeling . In SKI-JUMP the aircraft angle of take off is slightly elevated. i don't think the same effect happens here .

but yes your point of under powered aircraft taking off from Ski-jump against gravity is very tough challenge . But they had done this for so many years in the SBTF in goa which has Ski-jump for take off

I hope Members must have seen the Trailer
Of Top Gun 2

The Plane experiences a big jerk as it leaves the deck because Gravity pulls it down

Take off from a deck with an engine that is called underpowered is really challenging

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
NLCA is underpowered but it's not carrying any additional load like missiles, sows or LGBs. So NLCA can be test bed for future evolutions.

varun9509

Country flag
I always wonder, if our carriers were CATOBAR instead of STOBAR, would Navy still treat NLCA the same way?

Hari Sud

Country flag
ADA-HAL reached final leg of testing i.e Carrier Compatibility Tests with just 2 platforms, with second one flying only 5 years ago. That's one optimum management and of course a sturdy airframe.

As NLCA will be flying 1-2 missions per NLCA per day for the entire period of 10 days deployment at INS Vikramaditya. Wonder! how can Navy not get impressed (by rate availability of NLCA) enough to order a squadron of NLCA MK-1 as Carrier Based LIFT.

Mind you a Mig-29K goes straight to maintenance area below deck after every arrested recovery. A lot of parts come loose after a Mig-29K traps a wire...... But not NLAC. So far only thing coming out after 20+ arrested recovery is Pilot helmet's wiser, on only one occasion.

If MIG 29k goes to maintenance after each arrested recovery then NCLA has one up. Will it silence the critics or they will go on to manufacture one sensation after another.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
NLCA is underpowered but it's not carrying any additional load like missiles, sows or LGBs. So NLCA can be test bed for future evolutions.
It can take off with 4 (probably 6 AAMs)...
77310456_2649488891812209_8312725548606423040_o.jpg
...but I doubt it can with any fuel-tank or LGB/AshM, which will compromise range & strike capability.

This at best it could be a dogfighter providing air cover the carrier & its fleet, while Mig-29s go do the hitting. So, not really something worth ordering another extra few jets to function alongside existing birds.
61911474_2314375741990194_9134118793923002368_o.jpg
Navy is justified demanding TEDBF with two F414 producing a much thrust as F-35.

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
If MIG 29k goes to maintenance after each arrested recovery then NCLA has one up. Will it silence the critics or they will go on to manufacture one sensation after another.
NLCA is Thought in Progress. Be hopeful and watch.

Anyway NLCA could get to this point itself stands nothing short of a miracle......not so long ago one admiral (now a Boeing guy in India) tried to kill the entire idea of building deck based fighter by practically killing project NLCA. It's the weight from higher ups, right from top of power that allowed it flying.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I always wonder, if our carriers were CATOBAR instead of STOBAR, would Navy still treat NLCA the same way?
I love LCA. Have chased it all my life. But I am glad Navy is moving to TEDBF; a naval fighter from ground up. NCLA is doing its part. But it not a pure Deck Based design. At best a compromise just like Mig-29K which were sold as compulsory add-on with so-called free gifted ex Admiral Gorshkov now INS Vikramaditya.

But Navy should order a squadron of NLCA MK-1 as LIFT and a feeder platform for TEDBF.

Articles