Naseeruddin Shah roots for Pak films

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Naseeruddin Shah roots for Pak films

Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah (left), who has been a part of Bollywood for more than 35 years, is known for carving a niche in the industry for his roles in off-beat as well as masala films. The 61-year old, who plays a cop in the recently released film, Maximum, is excited to be a part of

Pakistani venture, Zinda Bhaag.

"I shot for this film in Lahore and now I have realised that there will be great films coming from Pakistan. There are great, young filmmakers there, who want to make a difference. And I think, we as an industry, always think ourselves to be superior, but now we would really need to introspect," he said on a recent visit to the city.

When asked about his sons, Imaad and Vivaan and their filmy career, the actor added, "They are doing small films and finding their way. I can't launch them and even if I could, I wouldn't as I want them to learn and carve a niche for themselves. How will they learn if they don't fall?"

Speaking about his memories of Delhi, the actor said,"I remember being pennyless here. But, this city made my foundation and that has put me where I am. The years spent in drama school prepared me as an actor." I shot for a Pakistan film in Lahore, and I realised there will be great films coming from there Naseeruddin Shah, actor

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles