Narendra Modi is implementing the Doval doctrine in Kashmir

Zebra

Country flag
http://www.hindustantimes.com/analy...-in-kashmir/story-uPZfR9aNCPwFCD3VkTnWZN.html

Narendra Modi is implementing the Doval doctrine in Kashmir

• Sushil Aaron, Hindustan Times
    |
  • Updated: Sep 16, 2016 13:20 IST
The Modi government’s hardline strategy in Kashmir is a straight lift from the approach suggested by National Security Adviser Ajit Doval in 2010. Speaking about protests that year he told policymakers not to overreact and give in. He said the crisis will pass off, “It looks big in the midst of it, they cannot sustain it beyond a point and even if they do there is a price they have to pay.” As an assimilationist strategy it has certain astute aspects but it will eventually harm India and damage Kashmir irreparably.

Kashmir is bracing itself for another crackdown. The Narendra Modi government has made it clear that it wants to take back control of the streets from stone-pelting youth. A security official told the Business Standard “Sooner or later, we will have to retake control in South Kashmir. The longer we wait, the more emboldened the protesters become, the more force will be required to deal with them”.............

Zebra

Country flag
Eh........

Few days back they were dying to take out AFSPA.

And now all of sudden they started talking super duper so-called "hardline strategy" .....!

Anyway, Modi needs better NSA, that is for sure.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Eh........

Few days back they were dying to take out AFSPA.

And now all of sudden they started talking super duper so-called "hardline strategy" .....!

Anyway, Modi needs better NSA, that is for sure.

Because there were talks of AFSPA removal I have no doubt that it is Doval's work to ignite the protest to shut the mouth of people who were talking to withdraw AFSPA.

Now for the next 5 years they will not revoke it. ;)

Zebra

Country flag
Because there were talks of AFSPA removal I have no doubt that it is Doval's work to ignite the protest to shut the mouth of people who were talking to withdraw AFSPA.

I am afraid, somehow I can't trust him.

I think he drags India towards Russia.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

I cry conspiracy here! But you may be right after all! :notsure:

Zebra

Country flag
After soo long i believe India is dealing effectively with this pest like never before. Narendra modi should stick on to nsa unconditionally. Only then we can see improvement. He already said we have to keep hitting soft underbelly and increase ur weight gradually with the punch.

I dont understand [COLOR=#ff0000]@Zebra[/COLOR] what is the relationship kashmir to russia.

I still believe modi hasn't given full freepass to doval. Modi is too cautious and always in super control. So modi is not allocating enough funds for covert and propaganda machinery inside and outside the country.

My firm opinion pls let loose the monster for which u have no balls before. People are taking cognizance and pride in tough stands these days. People are tired with these rag tags from naxals to isi barged political parties congress , cpm , mim etc and kick the shit out of these separatists en make them irrelevant.

God willing we will take back Gb and pok. And create separate balouchistan. Modi pls release funds for covert operations. That is more important than buying weapons(business ).
Forget about me, even Indian Army was not comfortable when govt talked it in media about operations in/near Burma, if I am not wrong.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I cry conspiracy here! But you may be right after all! :notsure:
The political masters will always talk much but care less about any op on foreign soil. They are highly busy people in appeasing the public.

Hence to divert their attention and get them to take action on security issues, some times agencies do it. Some one might have already advised the PM that ' need to be covert' please allot a budget.

Fearing loss in next election in Kashmir PDP would have agreed and pressurized BJP. Otherwise till today no one would have spoken about Balochistan, and agencies wanted it to happen and it happened ;)

sorcerer

Country flag
Doval argues that India has trouble in exercising power, in setting the agenda and changing realities in its favour. Pakistan, instead, decided the timing and terms of engaging India in war or peace, India restricted itself to defensive defence, not defensive offence.

Pakistan’s (and Kashmiri) mindset, he reckons, is that “India is weak, it is a nation of brahmins and banias…they are no fighters, [on the contrary] “we are great fighters, we have a great religion …that teaches us self-sacrifice…jihad and therefore India can be balkanised by them”. The Kashmiri separatists assume that international opinion is in their favour and they have great faith in Pakistan even though it does not have the capacity nor the intent to liberate Kashmir.

His doctrine is thus essentially predicated on three assumptions: India is traditionally reluctant to embrace power, Pakistan is driven by a desire to destroy India and Kashmiris are complicit in the latter’s project

Doval argues that the situation will change and that Kashmir will have a solution if one of the three players changes their mindset. Delhi should give up on the high moral ground as an antidote to Pakistan’s misadventures and embrace the exercise of power. “In the game of power the ultimate justice lies with the one who is strong”.'

http://www.hindustantimes.com/analy...-in-kashmir/story-uPZfR9aNCPwFCD3VkTnWZN.html

For a change unless previous paki separatist appeasers in Indian Govt .The Modi -Doval combination in India will try to make it unfordable for kashmiri separatists to be with pakis in promoting an agenda without consequences.

sukhish

I seriously do not know what doctrine he is implementing, hope he know. all these doctrines are all the figments of imagination, ground situation is not altering.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Is it time to test the docrine after Uri or we waiting for another Mumbai?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

The AFSPA will not be revoked till the islamic supremacy in Kashmir is not crushed and it becomes a safe place for non-muslims.

Not even Congress can do it.

It will be the end of that party if they revoke AFSPA.

rockey 71

That time has passed.

Now Balochistan doctrine needs to start.
What is Balochistan Doctrine? We in SA need to stop interfering in each other countries. That goes for Pakistan too. Otherwise the slaughter and sufferings of the common man will not end.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
What is Balochistan Doctrine? We in SA need to stop interfering in each other countries. That goes for Pakistan too. Otherwise the slaughter and sufferings of the common man will not end.
I understand what you say.

We also say the same thing. But your former occupier doesn't understand this.

We have lost thousands of innocent people and brave jawans to their terrorism.

And we cannot back out anymore.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
India's FDI, India's Industries, India's economy is at stake if we have such a terrorist state as India's neighbour.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If we did not intefere, your country would not exist.

When dealing with a rabid dog such as Pakis, you need to kick them hard once in a while even if you don't wish to go as far as putting it down completely.

Bangalibaba

Country flag
I see you're from Bangladesh,if we hadn't interfered in 1971, you'd have remained a 2nd class citizen of East Pakistan.

rockey 71

I see you're from Bangladesh,if we hadn't interfered in 1971, you'd have remained a 2nd class citizen of East Pakistan.
@ Nicky G

We remain grateful to India - particularly the Bengalis for looking after out refugees; and for joining as our ally in the last three weeks of the nine months war that we were waging against Pakistan. However, for the record, it must not be forgotten that India had her own agenda for supporting and later joining this war.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@ Nicky G

We remain grateful to India - particularly the Bengalis for looking after out refugees; and for joining as our ally in the last three weeks of the nine months war that we were waging against Pakistan. However, for the record, it must not be forgotten that India had her own agenda for supporting and later joining this war.
Obviously - no one works for charity, least of all nations. The point was about not intefering in matters of another nation. As with most things, there is no black and white but shades of grey.

PS: I am not sure you tagged properly.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles