Narendra Modi Interview (He is the man)

shiv

he is the man.......clap clap clap.....he is someone who speaks with his actions and not by mouth

ShyAngel

Founding Member
I wonder why didn't he speak the last time when Karan Thapar interviewed him. This time he has lots to say......ha ha ha ha Politicians are fun to watch.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
It all depends from which perspective one wishes the view the entire situation. Some accuse him of "orchestrating" the Godhra riots though no evidence has been ever found linking him to it.

I'm personally a supporter of Modi for the amount of development that he has actually managed to achieve on the ground in Gujarat.

Due to this accusation of Godhra against his name (be it justified or unjustified), I think the minority communities might not be very happy with him becoming PM or have anything to do with a "ruling" party. I'm not pacifying minorities here, but the fact is that a lot of the media has projected him as a villain (justifiably or unjustifiably) and the shadow of the riots isn't going anywhere, thats for sure...

Flint

I wonder why didn't he speak the last time when Karan Thapar interviewed him. This time he has lots to say......ha ha ha ha Politicians are fun to watch.
Karan Thapar should have interviewed him again. He's a lot smarter and only he can make Modi uncomfortable.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
It all depends from which perspective one wishes the view the entire situation. Some accuse him of "orchestrating" the Godhra riots though no evidence has been ever found linking him to it.

I'm personally a supporter of Modi for the amount of development that he has actually managed to achieve on the ground in Gujarat.

Due to this accusation of Godhra against his name (be it justified or unjustified), I think the minority communities might not be very happy with him becoming PM or have anything to do with a "ruling" party. I'm not pacifying minorities here, but the fact is that a lot of the media has projected him as a villain (justifiably or unjustifiably) and the shadow of the riots isn't going anywhere, thats for sure...
You know like you I've no problem with modi nor do I know much about him and his work but my question is if he has nothing to do with Godhra issue then why didn't he dare to speak up against it . Even Karan Thapar told him on show that "Mr. Mothi this is the best chance for you to speak and tell the whole world that you didn't do it." But instead he went blank and insecure. I'm sure he is not camera shy or doesn't know how to justify himself. Then, what went wrong there? Why was he like that before and why is he like this now? That was funny!

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
narendar modi has been a target of two congress to left leaning channels. last time when the vidhan sabha elections happened in gujarat both ndtv and cnn-ibn ran a campaign against the modi one had to see ndtv to believe it how they had made it a point to carry at least one story against him each day and iirc then they had clocked some 150(+) reports against him with in a span of around 45-60days and similarly cnn-ibn had done something like 80odd reports against the individual. there were not even 5% reports that talked about the exceptionally good work modi had done in the state of gujarat, since all these reports were based on the godhra riots. those 45-60days yellow journalism by these two channels against him was at its worst, it was a literal character assassination. when that interview happened or for that matter when the news came that he had walked off the interview then i was surprised as to why would he even go and give and interview to all these channels who had no liking for him, but as it turned out the agenda of karan thapar was only to target him on the gujarat riots which pissed him off and he left the studios. interestingly post the election results these two channels starting dubbing it as polarisation which won him the election but interestingly there was a decent chunk of muslim voters who had voted for him as well. the main reason he won was because he has changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of gujaratis of which muslim community is a significant part, and if there was any polarisation then partly the blame had to be shared by these 2 leading channels and majorly by sonia gandhi who touched the lowest when she termed modi as “maut ka saudagar”, where she had the audacity to defend a terrorist.

the heights of all this, recently there was a meet of over seas gujaratis, NRIs, POIs, indian corporates and MNCs in gujarat where modi was able to extract a commitment of around 250b usd investments which is massive by any standards but this was hardly covered by the 2 channels. one can just judge the bias these 2 channels have against him.

on the contrary the same is not true about the times group in general of which times now is a part, they have interviewed him, there has been no attempt by them to do his character assassination, but where ever need be he has been snubbed but they have never gone over board with doing it, and where ever he has to be given credit for the good work he has been given national prominence and so he has been always comfortable dealing with them and so you see interview done by times now.

pyromaniac

Founding Member
They only speak when the have the biggest audience

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Karan Thapar should have interviewed him again. He's a lot smarter and only he can make Modi uncomfortable.
Amen! That man has specialized the beauty & beast of how to interview!

ShyAngel

Founding Member
They only speak when the have the biggest audience
They only speak when they have no sense of guilt on what they've done wrong and only then they will be comfortable and secure enough to speak up. Or else rest just goes the other way around and you know what I mean.........
he he he he

:)

ShyAngel

Founding Member
narendar modi has been a target of two congress to left leaning channels. last time when the vidhan sabha elections happened in gujarat both ndtv and cnn-ibn ran a campaign against the modi one had to see ndtv to believe it how they had made it a point to carry at least one story against him each day and iirc then they had clocked some 150(+) reports against him with in a span of around 45-60days and similarly cnn-ibn had done something like 80odd reports against the individual. there were not even 5% reports that talked about the exceptionally good work modi had done in the state of gujarat, since all these reports were based on the godhra riots. those 45-60days yellow journalism by these two channels against him was at its worst, it was a literal character assassination. when that interview happened or for that matter when the news came that he had walked off the interview then i was surprised as to why would he even go and give and interview to all these channels who had no liking for him, but as it turned out the agenda of karan thapar was only to target him on the gujarat riots which pissed him off and he left the studios. interestingly post the election results these two channels starting dubbing it as polarisation which won him the election but interestingly there was a decent chunk of muslim voters who had voted for him as well. the main reason he won was because he has changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of gujaratis of which muslim community is a significant part, and if there was any polarisation then partly the blame had to be shared by these 2 leading channels and majorly by sonia gandhi who touched the lowest when she termed modi as “maut ka saudagar”, where she had the audacity to defend a terrorist.

the heights of all this, recently there was a meet of over seas gujaratis, NRIs, POIs, indian corporates and MNCs in gujarat where modi was able to extract a commitment of around 250b usd investments which is massive by any standards but this was hardly covered by the 2 channels. one can just judge the bias these 2 channels have against him.

on the contrary the same is not true about the times group in general of which times now is a part, they have interviewed him, there has been no attempt by them to do his character assassination, but where ever need be he has been snubbed but they have never gone over board with doing it, and where ever he has to be given credit for the good work he has been given national prominence and so he has been always comfortable dealing with them and so you see interview done by times now.

Thakursab,
Thanks for filling me in but you could have seen the interview. It was horrible and Karan Thapar doesn't seem like he is targeting him on that matter or bring him down. He was simply doing his job which he is good at it and does it the way he do it to everyone. But mothi just went mute and told the camera man to shut the camera and ask someone to get some water for him instead. It was pathetic........ He later called up Karan Thapar and said: "WER'E STILL FRIENDS" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Rage

DFI TEAM

The evidence exists- compelling evidence to boot. Whether it will stand in an Indian court of law is another matter.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Thakursab,
Thanks for filling me in but you could have seen the interview. It was horrible and Karan Thapar doesn't seem like he is targeting him on that matter or bring him down. He was simply doing his job which he is good at it and does it the way he do it to everyone. But mothi just went mute and told the camera man to shut the camera and ask someone to get some water for him instead. It was pathetic........ He later called up Karan Thapar and said: "WER'E STILL FRIENDS" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

absolutely and he has to be nailed for all the wrong doings that he might have committed but that needs to be proven and if he is found guilty then no less a punishment than capital punishment should be bestowed on him for such miscreants need to be set out as an example to tame the likes of mutaliks and his types.

i saw that interview that karan did but if you recall modi insisted what has happened we should not discuss and move on and discuss the present day and lets make a new beginning. he in fact was trying to change the image he had developed and he had gone on a campaign then to make friends with a section of media which had tried to target him, very clearly modi had an agenda in doing that interview for if he had done an interview successfully with out the gujarat issue being raised he would have achieved what he intended to and something karan was never ready to allow him to do, rightfully so. i do not have any issue with karan, but he should have been smart enough to carry the complete interview and also talk gujarat which he was unsuccessful at. he should have talked about modi's recent development work that he has carried out and then come to the riots but as that person is he can not resist from being hyper and he started the interview on the wrong note. now had he talked him through the development work and then the riots there was no way modi would have left the studios and even unwillingly he would have been forced to give the interview. yes karan is a good interviewer but not a very smart one at that. in his interviews it is he who speaks the most and it is more a case of the person being interviewed being the silent listener, but as it is we tend to value someone who has the habit of speaking the most even though that trick of the person is a recipe of spoiling the whole show or the same trick makes him look the most foolish around. the best interview i have seen him do was that of benazir bhutto where she made sure she spoke what she wanted to and not answer to his regular interruptions in form of additional questions that he has a habit of throwing.

you have to understand the level of uncomfort that modi would have had when giving this interview for and to make that understand i gave you the background on which cnn-ibn had worked. i am sure before the interview they would have promised no riots to be discussed but that was the exact first question asked. he was asked godhra by times now in an interview in those elections as well which happened right after this interview but that interview as i said had the initial sugar coating of his developmental work, and since he has only given interviews to times now amongst the mainstream english electronic media.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
The evidence exists- compelling evidence to boot. Whether it will stand in an Indian court of law is another matter.
Compelling evidence might exist... I do not dispute that... but, does it directly link Modi with the riots?? It might link members of his government with the riots, but that doesn't mean that he himself is culpable...

Does any evidence exist of him for example,

• Leading packs of rioters
  • Inciting mobs to torch houses and kill people
  • Making inflammatory speeches with an intent to incite

To the best of my knowledge, nothing concrete in this regard exists... So, I personally don't think any charges will stick against him in a court...

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Unfortunately all this proves that even solid dedicated efforts can't get you far in politics.....
Lalu did a good job with Railways for eg. but still he has to bash others, Modi did a good job in Gujarat but he still has to bash others.. Varun Gandhi made an inflammatory speech and he will most likely win the election ... sigh..

ShyAngel

Founding Member
absolutely and he has to be nailed for all the wrong doings that he might have committed but that needs to be proven and if he is found guilty then no less a punishment than capital punishment should be bestowed on him for such miscreants need to be set out as an example to tame the likes of mutaliks and his types.

i saw that interview that karan did but if you recall modi insisted what has happened we should not discuss and move on and discuss the present day and lets make a new beginning. he in fact was trying to change the image he had developed and he had gone on a campaign then to make friends with a section of media which had tried to target him, very clearly modi had an agenda in doing that interview for if he had done an interview successfully with out the gujarat issue being raised he would have achieved what he intended to and something karan was never ready to allow him to do, rightfully so. i do not have any issue with karan, but he should have been smart enough to carry the complete interview and also talk gujarat which he was unsuccessful at. he should have talked about modi's recent development work that he has carried out and then come to the riots but as that person is he can not resist from being hyper and he started the interview on the wrong note. now had he talked him through the development work and then the riots there was no way modi would have left the studios and even unwillingly he would have been forced to give the interview. yes karan is a good interviewer but not a very smart one at that. in his interviews it is he who speaks the most and it is more a case of the person being interviewed being the silent listener, but as it is we tend to value someone who has the habit of speaking the most even though that trick of the person is a recipe of spoiling the whole show or the same trick makes him look the most foolish around. the best interview i have seen him do was that of benazir bhutto where she made sure she spoke what she wanted to and not answer to his regular interruptions in form of additional questions that he has a habit of throwing.

you have to understand the level of uncomfort that modi would have had when giving this interview for and to make that understand i gave you the background on which cnn-ibn had worked. i am sure before the interview they would have promised no riots to be discussed but that was the exact first question asked. he was asked godhra by times now in an interview in those elections as well which happened right after this interview but that interview as i said had the initial sugar coating of his developmental work, and since he has only given interviews to times now amongst the mainstream english electronic media.
In my opinion I think Karan rather wants his way then being one of modi's fav puppet. He seem more happy being successful anchor then successful corrupted chamcha of some politician who promotes them. So if anybody fail their interview that's their loss!!! He start asking taught questions to Dalai Lama as well but His Holiness was confident with his words and there's truth in his reciprocation; so the conversation never STOPED. Yet, Karan seem very much happy at the end and gave best wishes to His Holiness from bottom of his heart. This can happen same to Modi as well; but sadly, his situation ended up more like: "lair lair pants on fire." he he he he
:(

S.A.T.A

Even BJP insiders know Modi lacks political credentials,when Modi became CM in 2001 basically he was a BJP high command appointee which had gotten tired of the tussle between the waghela and Patel faction.Modi had no local support.he was basically the RSS man sent by BJP as a stop gap party trouble shooter before the scheduled assemble polls in 2003 and then a year before under his watch Godhra and the subsequent pograms happened...........

Not exactly leadership quality really.Even kalyan Singh had this aura about him after the Babri Masjid demolition before the party cut him to size.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles