Nagorno-Karabakh

Akim

Professional
Country flag
It is to be seen how Iran manages to make profits from oil. I expect Iran and Russia to join forces and sell oil in BRICS SDR, and not limit it to the Dollar. Russia's aim is to weaken the Dollar, and reduce its role as the global currency of trade. It is in Russia's long term interest to weaken the US, and the only way to do this is to weaken the Dollar. The US cannot be defeated militarily.
Iranian oil is able to weaken the ruble only. Oil prices are set in dollars only. Therefore, if there is a large spike in the trading markets of Iranian oil - it will drop its price.

pmaitra

Iranian oil is able to weaken the ruble only. Oil prices are set in dollars only. Therefore, if there is a large spike in the trading markets of Iranian oil - it will drop its price.
You have not understood what I said. Please read my post again. It is not so simple. Much of the strength of the Dollar comes from the fact that oil can only be bought in Dollars. If that can change, then the demand for Dollar will dwindle.

BTW, I ask @ShahryarHedayatiSHBA to please comment on this thread. Iran and Russia are allied. Will Azerbaijan side with Iran and Russia, or will it side with Turkey?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
You have not understood what I said. Please read my post again. It is not so simple. Much of the strength of the Dollar comes from the fact that oil can only be bought in Dollars. If that can change, then the demand for Dollar will dwindle.

BTW, I ask @ShahryarHedayatiSHBA to please comment on this thread. Iran and Russia are allied. Will Azerbaijan side with Iran and Russia, or will it side with Turkey?
Azerbaijanbudeonlyon their sideto get the maximum benefit.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

I hear that azeri language is just one of the dialects of the turkish languages and therefore mutually intelligible.
But most azeris are shia.

ShahryarHedayatiSHBA

Azerbaijan is more likely to go with turkey because of their Turkish identity .....
But for economic reasons they always stay neutral in many incidents

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I hear that azeri language is just one of the dialects of the turkish languages and therefore mutually intelligible.
But most azeris are shia.
The question of religion in the post-Soviet countries is not necessary in the first place. In Chechnya is Sunni, but Kadyrov said he was ready to send to Syria 10,000 soldiers of the first orders of Putin.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The question of religion in the post-Soviet countries is not necessary in the first place. In Chechnya is Sunni, but Kadyrov said he was ready to send to Syria 10,000 soldiers of the first orders of Putin.
Post-Soviet; which means no longer soviet.
And Kadyrov is a kremlin puppet and chechenya is inside Russia so different from azeristan.
But i agree their turkish identity is probably more important for azeris.

rockey 71

It is really a question of religion. A pocket of Christians caught inside a Muslim nation. Enough ground for exploitation by Russia, Turkey, Armenia and others.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Fierce fighting on the battlefront: wounded Azeri soldier

- In battle with Armenian units on the frontline wounded soldier of the Azerbaijani army Bahruz Nasibov, the press service of the defense Ministry of Azerbaijan.

- Fighting continues on the frontline: the destruction of Azerbaijani soldier
In fighting on the frontline Azerbaijani army soldier killed Elshan Ismailov, the press service of the defense Ministry of Azerbaijan.

amoy

No wonder one of main routes to travel to Armenia is in transit via Tehran by Mahan Air of Iran.

Armenia Iran relations
Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the establishment of the modern-day Armenian state, the Nagorno-Karabakh War broke out between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan, despite sharing extremely much historical, religious and ethnical ties with Iran, completely alienated itself from it by the words of the then-incumbent president Abulfaz Elchibey. As a result of this and the increasing Azeri-Israeli alliance, it made Iran support Armenia economically during the war.

-------------------------------- --

Religion cards or ethnic cards do not always work. Besides major powers are very wary of pan Turkism & Islamism Turkey is wielding.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

Akim

Professional
Country flag
The Azerbaijanis have intercepted the control of the Armenian UAV Kh-55.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Azerbaijan’s military destroyed Armenian short-range air defence system

Azerbaijani Defense Ministry says successful destruction of Armenian short-range air defence system on Khojavand-Fizuli direction.

In order to prevent the threat to Azerbaijani aircraft and suppress the enemy’s activism, the Osa short-range air defence systems and the transloader vehicle were completely put out of action by fire, the crew was destroyed.

amoy

Their mutual hatred is deep-seated.

When I visited Erubeni Citadel, a group of Armenian children even tried to teach me Я люблю Армению and "evil Azerbajan". :shock:

In Yerevan I encountered an Armenian who settled back from Beirut. He could not hide his contempt for muslims.

I could easily travel to war-torn Nagorno Karabakh (Republic) with “visa on arrival”(optionally stamping on a separate paper instead of on passport) but gave up because it takes over 7 hrs one way. Besides access would be denied by Azerbaijan if one is found out to have visited Naganor Karabakh.

It's impossible to travel between Armenia and Azerbaijan / Turkey. Thus travellers would have to get back to Georgia in order to head for Azerbaijan. Then it's highly likely that Azerbaijan border control would interrogate those who have had entries to Armenia.

Most Armenians hardly spoke any English. But in Khor Virap I could understand what they were saying while pointing to Mt. Ararat far in sight which lies on the Turkish side presently.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Hmm, is Azerbaidjan preparing for a new offensive ? These brand new personnel carriers look deadly.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Hmm, is Azerbaidjan preparing for a new offensive ? These brand new personnel carriers look deadly.
Let's see in the spring. Personally, I doubt it. Azerbaijan is rearming. He needs to carry out several large-scale exercises for the clear operation of his units. Russia sells weapons to the two sides. Azerbaijan for "living" money, Armenia - for credit In addition to Russia, Azerbaijan also buys weapons and equipment from Slovakia, Turkey, Israel and Pakistan.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Let's see in the spring. Personally, I doubt it. Azerbaijan is rearming. He needs to carry out several large-scale exercises for the clear operation of his units. Russia sells weapons to the two sides. Azerbaijan for "living" money, Armenia - for credit In addition to Russia, Azerbaijan also buys weapons and equipment from Slovakia, Turkey, Israel and Pakistan.
Uh oh just looking at some armenian website in French and they mention an Israeli company, Aeronautics, selling UAVs to Azerbaidjan... Orbiters, evidently.
The CEO of this company was with Netanhanyu in India last week.

Armenians seem very pissed with Israel selling drones to Azerbaidjan. Has to do with Israel’s attitude regarding the armenian genocide. No official recognition.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Destroyed azerbaijan tanks and IFV
ammunition dump of Nagorno-Karabakh
Hit azerbaijan helicopter a nd destroyed BMP-2
Mobilization in Erevan
https://youtu.be/zISGdNO-PWo
Some guys still want to buy t-90s in my country.
After this cook-off show, even I will not enter into this tank, even if they say armour is from mythological turn real mithril.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles