Nag anti-tank Missile

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
India Successfully Tests NAG Anti-Tank Guided Missile With A Warhead In Final Trials, Ready For Induction In Army
NEW DELHI: At 6:45 am, India on Thursday (22-10-2020) successfully carried out the final trial of the Defence Research and Development Organisation-developed Nag anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) with a warhead after which the weapon system is now ready for induction into the Indian Army.

"India today successfully carried out the final trial of the DRDO-developed Nag anti-tank guided missile with a warhead. The test was carried out at 6:45 am at the Pokhran field firing ranges in Rajasthan," Defence Research and Development Organisation officials told ANI here.

The Missile system is now ready for induction into the Indian Army which has been looking for such a missile system to take down the enemy tanks and other armoured vehicles.

The latest ATGM is another feather in DRDO's list of indigenous warheads. Over the past one and a half month, DRDO has conducted at least 12 missile and system tests that cater to a range of combat requirements.

The Nag Missile system fired from a Nag Missile Carrier (NAMICA) can take our targets at ranges of 4 to 7 kilometres and is fitted with an advanced seeker to home on to its target.

The NAG missile is a third-generation anti-tank guided missile, which has top attack capabilities that can effectively engage and destroy all known enemy tanks during day and night.

The Army needs third-generation ATGMs with a strike range of over 2.5km with fire and forget capabilities. It needs them to equip its mechanised infantry units to carry them on their Russian BMP vehicles.

The army is currently using second-generation Milan-2T and Konkur ATGMs and has been looking for about third-generation missiles, which are important for stopping advancing enemy tanks.

The Defence Ministry in 2018 had cleared the acquisition of 300 Nag missiles and 25 NAMICAs for the Indian Army.
Many wrong infos in this article
Sant has already fired from mi35
Though they have fired it again from ground based luncher means it has some changes....which will be tested again from helicopter
Helina has a range of 7km ...not 5 km

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
It hit the top 9f the turret in the video. So I think it is some sort of course correction...?
the missile is already close enough and fits both missile and the target in single frame. so realistically in such short distance no course correction is possible.

i will leave it to experts to provide explanations.

BlackViking

Country flag
can anybody explain why there is so much ambiguity regarding the launcher configuration? NAMICA initially had a 8 tube launcher, then came one with 6 and now the recent test shows a 8 tube launcher once again.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
can anybody explain why there is so much ambiguity regarding the launcher configuration? NAMICA initially had a 8 tube launcher, then came one with 6 and now the recent test shows a 8 tube launcher once again.
First that 8 tube luncher modified to carry 6 lunch tubes...for better mobility....

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
I saw the first post in 2009. Drdo chief proudly telling the missile is in final trials. Now it's 2020, and I just passed my 12th in 2009 😂.

I believe NAG has now matured. Into Helina, Sant, Dhruvastra, MPATGM etc. But the sad part is none of them are inducted. This means drdo isn't telling the truth or the army is resisting ordering thousands on a unproved platform.

Until unless thousands of missiles are ordered soon, this project will be an elephant. We don't know who the culprit is here. The Drdo, the Army or the GoI (not having money).

Tuco

Country flag
I saw the first post in 2009. Drdo chief proudly telling the missile is in final trials. Now it's 2020, and I just passed my 12th in 2009 😂.

I believe NAG has now matured. Into Helina, Sant, Dhruvastra, MPATGM etc. But the sad part is none of them are inducted. This means drdo isn't telling the truth or the army is resisting ordering thousands on a unproved platform.

Until unless thousands of missiles are ordered soon, this project will be an elephant. We don't know who the culprit is here. The Drdo, the Army or the GoI (not having money).
Lol Got to be the longest final trial ever, world record ? should call Guinness. The other project is Rustom.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Lol Got to be the longest final trial ever, world record ? should call Guinness. The other project is Rustom.
Actually no one called rustom as user trials to be honest. It's under development of now. It has a long way to go even for development to get over.

Killbot

Country flag
I have faith that the Rustom will have the largest final trial ever.
In all seriousness, Rustom (1&2) are obsolete. No need to continue wasting resources on them. Focus on Ghatak, and hope that it does not meet the same fate instead.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
View attachment 64104

did the missile Almost missed the tank? "Almost"

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Dhruvastra is the LOAL version of HELINA ?

Astra2019

Country flag
View attachment 64104

did the missile Almost missed the tank? "Almost"

:crying: :crying: :crying:

try to stop this video at exactly at 0.13sec and try to guess the point of impact like you have done above.
now play the video to see actual point of impact, it will appear to you that missile is shifting sideways.
this happens because what you are seeing is not actual missile , it is just a projection of actual missile on PLANE of camera sensor. that’s why guessing the direction of velocity of missile from a 2D image gives an illusion because you cannot see the component of velocity of object that is perpendicular to plane of camera sensor.

HOW CAN I POST DRAWING PICTURES FROM MY DEVICE? @utubekhiladi bhai tumne Kaise image post kiya?

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

try to stop this video at exactly at 0.13sec and try to guess the point of impact like you have done above.
now play the video to see actual point of impact, it will appear to you that missile is shifting sideways.
this happens because what you are seeing is not actual missile , it is just a projection of actual missile on PLANE of camera sensor. that’s why guessing the direction of velocity of missile from a 2D image gives an illusion because you cannot see the component of velocity of object that is perpendicular to plane of camera sensor.

HOW CAN I POST DRAWING PICTURES FROM MY DEVICE? @utubekhiladi bhai tumne Kaise image post kiya?
you will unlock the ability to post images after few dozens of quality post.
so keep posting and you will unlock it very soon.

or if you want to take short-cut

goto the chit-chat thread below
https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/chit-chat-thread.4046/

and create 25 New posts with the below content

#PKMKB
#CKMKB

believe me. it works!!

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Dhruvastra is the LOAL version of HELINA ?
I think Dhruvastra has longer range plus advanced seeker than normal Nag. It's an next Version of Nag/Helina in effect. They just gave it different name than a Mk2 version. All these tanks were developed from the Nag. With different ranges, seekers, optical & laser target finders, tandem warhead etc.

Tuco

Country flag
I have faith that the Rustom will have the largest final trial ever.
In all seriousness, Rustom (1&2) are obsolete. No need to continue wasting resources on them. Focus on Ghatak, and hope that it does not meet the same fate instead.
I was just kidding, the latest news with Rustom is that it will be doing another endurance test with full production load by the end of this year if that goes fine it may go for user trials around 2nd quarter of next year, fingers crossed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles