Myanmar Coup d'etat & it's impact on India

Knowitall

A democracy is always better to have by the side. At least you can deal with them negotiate with them influence them and if nothing works help their opposition win the next time. You have a lot of options and plenty of space to move around.

With military rulers it is a very different situation where your relations entirely depend upon the thinking of a few people on the top.

India has good enough relations with Myanmar and i don't see any reason why we would pull a coup there especially after the whole Sri Lankan fiasco we didn't do such a thing during the downward trend of our relations with Nepal.

There is very little to no reason on why India would try and meddle in a peaceful country and foment troubles along a relatively peaceful border.

China is trying to once again create unrest and open an other front against us after their failure in Nepal India should be ready.

SKC

Country flag
India needs to support the military takeover. Ang Suu is Biden/ Obama lover. They were installed by Obama.
Liberals had high hopes on Ang SuKi, but she turned out to be a dud. After all she also had to make money after being in house arrest for ages.
Anyway nothing will happen of Myanmar, Military keeps on having coup every then and now.

shade

Country flag
Burmese army will be Chini's fuccboi, and magically all the tribal insurgencies in North/North-Western Myannmar will stop, reduce or be directed towards India.

This will open one more front for Bharat, with Manipur,Mizoram,Nagaland and parts of AP bordering Burma, tribal atankvadis can easily have bases in Burma and attack us from there.

Arihant

I pray that it helps us or we will have one more hostile border. All are thinking China want to attack Taiwan (no relation between Taiwan and Myanmar), here I think, by this coup(if it doesn't have India's role) China want to encircle us.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Burmese army will be Chini's fuccboi, and magically all the tribal insurgencies in North/North-Western Myannmar will stop, reduce or be directed towards India.

This will open one more front for Bharat, with Manipur,Mizoram,Nagaland and parts of AP bordering Burma, tribal atankvadis can easily have bases in Burma and attack us from there.
@shade too much black pill videos pulling you in depression. Calm down and have a more positive outlook.

We historically had an okayish relationship with Myanmar & its military, to the extent they allowed our Air Force to carry our anti-insurgency operations on their soil (or they did not notice us coming :hehe:)

Myanmar getting involved may also mean we can pull Bangladesh into the equation.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
@shade too much black pill videos pulling you in depression. Calm down and have a more positive outlook.

We historically had an okayish relationship with Myanmar & its military, to the extent they allowed our Air Force to carry our anti-insurgency operations on their soil (or they did not notice us coming :hehe:)

Myanmar getting involved may also mean we can pull Bangladesh into the equation.
I don't have that optimism dude every analyst is saying that this will be mostly a chinneese pro move.

shade

Country flag

Ok but then this coup cannot happen without blessings of some phoren godfather.
Now in coming days you will see self righteous goras sanctioning Burma, and (((old friend China))) coming to the rescue.
You notice all the bi-directional good vibes between Bharat and Myannmar last year ? That was all because Burma wanted to desperately get out of vile Choynees influence, and now this happens?

HawkisRight

Country flag
View attachment 76016

According to wiki, the group mentioned by Iyer-Mitra runs the regions marked in green independently, with minimal Burmese sarkar intereference
Ya i knw wa army is Chinese puppet (everyone knws) they r like Taliban supported actively by chongs...I am wondering about Chinese military camp 15km inside Myanmar claimed by mitra

shade

Country flag
Ya i knw wa army is Chinese puppet (everyone knws) they r like Taliban supported actively by chongs...I am wondering about Chinese military camp 15km inside Myanmar claimed by mitra
The de facto Independent "wa state" is at the border with China.
You do the map.
Burmese army doesn't have active control on that region.
Which is why Chinks are inside.

Iyer-Mitra maybe right.

another_armchair

Country flag
View attachment 76016

According to wiki, the group mentioned by Iyer-Mitra runs the regions marked in green independently, with minimal Burmese sarkar intereference
These are small fry. The bigger headache is KIA.

Burma with the help of RAW at one point had turned them against the Chinese PLA but a certain pro-democracy leader caused rifts within the Burmese Army, some shit happened and the Kachin were back to fighting the Burmese Army again.

Burma's northern provinces are in a perpetual state of war and China doesn't help at all. So all this talk of Burma's present Chief being a Chinese 'agint' will need some serious validation.

The only real friend with benefits for the Burmese junta has been India and is a time tested ally.

Killbot

Country flag
Ok but then this coup cannot happen without blessings of some phoren godfather.
Now in coming days you will see self righteous goras sanctioning Burma, and (((old friend China))) coming to the rescue.
You notice all the bi-directional good vibes between Bharat and Myannmar last year ? That was all because Burma wanted to desperately get out of vile Choynees influence, and now this happens?
Dude, there's an Indian sub in the hands of Tatmadaw. Lots of goodwill/fear of big dick. Chill, they won't fuck with us.

shade

Country flag
These are small fry. The bigger headache is KIA.

Burma with the help of RAW at one point had turned them against the Chinese PLA but a certain pro-democracy leader caused rifts within the Burmese Army, some shit happened and the Kachin were back to fighting the Burmese Army again.

Burma's northern provinces are in a perpetual state of war and China doesn't help at all. So all this talk of Burma's present Chief being a Chinese 'agint' will need some serious validation.

The only real friend with benefits for the Burmese junta has been India and is a time tested ally.
Dude, there's an Indian sub in the hands of Tatmadaw. Lots of goodwill/fear of big dick. Chill, they won't fuck with us.
@shade That phoren godfather may well be Modi.
Hope what you guys are saying is true, I don't have all that much knowledge on the Burmese internal politics issue, I just know the North of their country is engulfed in insurgencies, so their armed forces is mainly counter insurgency geared, not fighting another country's army.

Killbot

Country flag
Hope what you guys are saying is true, I don't have all that much knowledge on the Burmese internal politics issue, I just know the North of their country is engulfed in insurgencies, so their armed forces is mainly counter insurgency geared, not fighting another country's army.
The insurgency is huge. Hundreds of thousands of cadres. Similar to naxalite insurgency in late 2000s-early 2010s. Except Myanmar doesn't have the resources to contain it like India did.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles