My road map to 10 Trillion USD+ economy in 10 years.

Rxbanda

Country flag
The other measure I suggest is to go for ultra mega solar power plants in big way. Gas based combined cycle power plants and coal based power plants should be banned from immediate effect. Currently, the tariff of solar power has reduced to less than rupees 2.5 per unit from rupees 12 to 13 a decade ago. With solar panels produced in big numbers, price of the same is will reduce further. This will bring down one unit of solar power further. It is likely to go down to around 1 rupees 60 paise to 1 rupees 70 paise per unit. If this is done in a big way, we will be able to eleminate big amount of coal import bill which is used in power plants. Gas import built can also be cut short. Gas based power plant will become obsolete and there will be no usage of gas in electricity generation. If Solar panel will become cheap with large scale production., It will be used in a big way in in household as well which will reduce electricity demand from government source.

With electric panels becoming cheap, each household will have its rooftop power plant to meet the needs of his or her household electricity. A fat electricity bill will be go away which will put extra money in every pocket to spend them somewhere else. Not only this will happen with domestic electricity consumption, but once the electric power is available cheaply, people will use the same for cooking and heating as well . We are definitely moving in this direction but some Harsh measures are required to move to this mission as quickly as possible. We can cut short big gas import bill to a large extent. If This is done , we can cut short or eliminate import bill. Our domestic gas and coal consumption will be sufficient to meet our requirements. Self sufficiency Hindi field of energy requirement is a strategic advantage too. This shitty Arab countries cannot arm twist us if we are not dependent on them for crude oil and gas.
Will domestic installations achieve the house hold needs as you mentioned? When I was in India last summer, I inquired about this. It needs a major area of the rooftop to be covered with these panels to be able to generate sufficient electricity, which people in India may not prefer. So, a major shift towards electric vehicles will see an increase in power demand. This may increase the coal imports.
An alternative is to setup huge solar power plants as you suggested. According to Wiki, in 2013-14, the annual generation was 3.3 TWh and in 2019-20 it is 49.45 TWh, which is a huge increase percentage wise. I am not sure how much significant this is in terms of electricity consumption and the expected increased consumption because of increased EV usage.

I am very much against wind mills for power generation. It's simple science. The breezes from the ocean/sea drive these wind mills. This means the kinetic energy of the wind is lost. The negative effect of this is that the monsoon clouds will reach lesser distances in the interiors of the country, which is bad in several ways- bad for agriculture, can lead to long-term water shortage etc.

Country flag
Nice thread. I would like to add there is one big factor in this framework
to achieving this goal; security.

1)energy security
2)food/water security
3)internal security/stability- political and religious
4)border security

How many of these has India achieved??? Once these are realized
economic advancement will be lasting and long term.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

1)energy security
2)food/water security
4)border security

I agree with all of that but this is about how to boost economy.

How we loose wealth if our currency is undervalued? I will give an example.

An US guy comes to India and buys four shirt at Rs 500 each i.e Rs 2000 or about USD 30. The same shop keeper goes to US with this 2000 Rupees in US and try to buy same shirt. He will have to give 30 USD for one shirt as per PPP calculation as It will purchase power of Indian Rupee is 4 time laser than Nominal value. So from amount, shop keeper will buy only one shirt against 4 he sold for same amount. This is the reason why US is very rich. We pay Rs 70 for one liter Petrol while An american pays only USD 1. It is very easy to earn USD 1 compared to earning Rs 70 in India. A country can not be prosperous till its currency is valued much bellow its purchase price as it will keep loosing wealth in every International transaction. That is why it is very important that our currency is valued at right amount as per its purchase power.

To stop loosing wealth, strengthening of currency is very much essential. Therefore it is very much necessary that we restrict imports in particular. I won't say that we should focus primarily on export though it is desirable. Our focus should be import from those nations like Vietnam whose currency is Undervalued compared to ours so that we can buy a lots of goods from a amount of outflow of money. We should export to those nations like US whose currency is overvalued compared to That of India. Our prime focus should be on export of services which doesn't exhaust any resources. This is the reason why I have Primarily focused on containing import and find its substitutes.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Will domestic installations achieve the house hold needs as you mentioned? When I was in India last summer, I inquired about this. It needs a major area of the rooftop to be covered with these panels to be able to generate sufficient electricity, which people in India may not prefer. So, a major shift towards electric vehicles will see an increase in power demand. This may increase the coal imports.
An alternative is to setup huge solar power plants as you suggested. According to Wiki, in 2013-14, the annual generation was 3.3 TWh and in 2019-20 it is 49.45 TWh, which is a huge increase percentage wise. I am not sure how much significant this is in terms of electricity consumption and the expected increased consumption because of increased EV usage.

I am very much against wind mills for power generation. It's simple science. The breezes from the ocean/sea drive these wind mills. This means the kinetic energy of the wind is lost. The negative effect of this is that the monsoon clouds will reach lesser distances in the interiors of the country, which is bad in several ways- bad for agriculture, can lead to long-term water shortage etc.

Perhaps you are not aware of the reality. Roof top solar panel Penetration in city like Amadavad is very high. It is becoming more and more popular.

Yes, I fully agree with you. A huge 5000 MW plant is coming in Dholera.

I fully support what you have written in last paragraph. Yes, wind energy should be avoided.

Country flag
I agree with all of that but this is about how to boost economy.

How we loose wealth if our currency is undervalued? I will give an example.

An US guy comes to India and buys four shirt at Rs 500 each i.e Rs 2000 or about USD 30. The same shop keeper goes to US with this 2000 Rupees in US and try to buy same shirt. He will have to give 30 USD for one shirt as per PPP calculation as It will purchase power of Indian Rupee is 4 time laser than Nominal value. So from amount, shop keeper will buy only one shirt against 4 he sold for same amount. This is the reason why US is very rich. We pay Rs 70 for one liter Petrol while An american pays only USD 1. It is very easy to earn USD 1 compared to earning Rs 70 in India. A country can not be prosperous till its currency is valued much bellow its purchase price as it will keep loosing wealth in every International transaction. That is why it is very important that our currency is valued at right amount as per its purchase power.

To stop loosing wealth, strengthening of currency is very much essential. Therefore it is very much necessary that we restrict imports in particular. I won't say that we should focus primarily on export though it is desirable. Our focus should be import from those nations like Vietnam whose currency is Undervalued compared to ours so that we can buy a lots of goods from a amount of outflow of money. We should export to those nations like US whose currency is overvalued compared to That of India. Our prime focus should be on export of services which doesn't exhaust any resources. This is the reason why I have Primarily focused on containing import and find its substitutes.
currency devaluation comes under energy security and the price of oil. India's central bank
is tied to international standards and it has little say or control in the matter. This is why BRIC's
wanted an alternate currency and things like BITCOIN have popped up. There is also increasing
pressure by China on the petrodollar which will impact all currency worldwide.

Understanding the Correlation of Oil and Currency

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
currency devaluation comes under energy security and the price of oil. India's central bank
is tied to international standards and it has little say or control in the matter. This is why BRIC's
wanted an alternate currency and things like BITCOIN have popped up. There is also increasing
pressure by China on the petrodollar which will impact all currency worldwide.

Understanding the Correlation of Oil and Currency
I think of an international currency for a long time. Its value should be derived from the price of different materials in that country such as gold, iron, crude oil , different food grains etc. Russia, for the reason of US toying with Russian currency, is now preferring to trade in other currencies.

Country flag
I think of an international currency for a long time. Its value should be derived from the price of different materials in that country such as gold, iron, crude oil , different food grains etc. Russia, for the reason of US toying with Russian currency, is now preferring to trade in other currencies.
when your currency is used you have power/control over the user

Rxbanda

Country flag
I had an idea/suggestion to the Indian govt. which I feel is relevant in the context of this thread.
The greatest strength of Indian economy, i believe, is it's huge domestic consumption. We can be very sure that people would shift more and more towards online shopping in the coming years/decades.
So, why not Indian Govt. maintains it's own website like an amazon or a walmart? Since Flipkart was already doing good in India, before being taken over by Walmart, it should not be difficult to establish the supply chain.
Particularly, the rural economy can be skilled to make these products, govt. can play the middle man like amazon and home deliver the products.
There are many things which can be sold like this:
candles, incense sticks, lots of home decor, clothing, agricultural produce (like spices, pulses etc.), all of DWCRA products etc.

This way the rural economy also will increase.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Post Ladakh conflict ban on Chinese applications, software and goods will open the ways for many domestic / local substitutes. For emergence of any local substitute, some protection is required in Initial stage. It is happening with ban on popular Chinese applications. If our own application emerges in India, it will have a secured 1/6th of world's market with greater share of usage. This a step in right direction. We must discourage all imports which we can make in our own country. We need to do 2 things. 1) We need to push indigenization aggressively and 2) We must encourage the substitutes of Industrial production by local manufacturing. Bio diesel and Ethanol produced from bio waste can really be a game changer. Improving in battery efficiency and reduction in the cost of solar panel will really be the game changer. Tariff from solar power has reduced to Rs 2.50 per unit and it is likely to go down bellow Rs 2. We must work aggressively on above 2 point agenda to make our population rich and percolate economic benefits to bottom level.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

1)energy security
2)food/water security
4)border security

First two are achievable by community efforts. We should focus on Permaculture and food and herbal medicine production locally. We can save a huge amount of money from medicine.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
India could export Rs 8 trn worth motherboards in 2021-26: Report
However, in the absence of government incentives and subsidies the export potential will be significantly less, the report said.
Topics

Electronics | Technology | Exports
Press Trust of India | New Delhi Last Updated at December 5, 2020 15:34 IST

Follow us on
Tiny URLAdd to My PagePrintEmail

Circuit board

Representational image of a motherboard.

India has potential to export motherboards, technically called printed circuit board assembly(PCBA), worth up to Rs 8 lakh crore (Rs 8 trillion) between 2021-26, mobile devices industry body ICEA and EY said in a joint report.
However, in the absence of government incentives and subsidies the export potential will be around Rs 29,500 crore during the five year period, the report said.

India Cellular & Electronics Association (ICEA) Chairman Pankaj Mohindroo said the government is required to realise the cumulative export potential of Rs 8 lakh crore by 2026.
"If support of 4-6 per cent on exports of PCBAs can be provided, by 2025-26, the cumulative PCBA export for India can be about USD 109 billion (over Rs 8 lakh crore). However, if no support is offered, the export is estimated to dwindle to USD 4 billion (around Rs 29,500 crore)," the report said.
PCBA forms the base of electronic products.
Mohindroo said the current size of PCBA industry in India is around Rs 2 lakh crore and it is expected to reach Rs 6.4 lakh crore during 2021-26.
The National Policy on Electronics 2019 (NPE) envisages electronic manufacturing turnover of USD 400 billion (Rs 26 lakh crore at the time policy was approved) by 2025, out of which USD 190 billion (Rs 13 lakh crore) is expected to come from the mobile phone segment.
According to ICEA, IT hardware -- laptop and tablet manufacturing -- has potential to contribute over Rs 7 lakh crore to the NPE target and PCBA can add another about Rs 8 lakh crore.
"We have requested for separate production linked incentives for PCBA. The consumption of PCBA in India will be majorly driven by mobile devices," Mohindroo said.
He said there are a lot of cost disabilities which India has to address to compete with other Asian countries like China, Vietnam etc.
"Standalone PCBA exports from India face cost disabilities against well-established manufacturing hubs, with large manufacturing capacities, such as China and Vietnam. In addition, China offers various incentives for R&D activities, tax benefits on exported goods, policies to promote an export culture, significant investments across the value chain and technology transfer from global players," the report said.
India's exports of standalone PCBAs for mobile phones were USD 0.15 billion (Rs 1,100 crore) in 2019-20 and are expected to be USD 0.30 billion (Rs 2,200 crore) in 2020-21.
"For other electronic products, standalone PCBA exports are estimated to begin only from 2022-23 as manufacturing capacities increase in the country," the report said.

This sort of Supporting is required from Government. Just by supporting 4 to 6% of incentive can bring 8 lakh crores of revenue than it must be tried. 8 Trillion revenue is a big figure. We can produce Mobiles worth Rs 4.25 lakh crore in 2022. These are high potential areas where a huge amount of revenue can be earned. We can turn our economy in a high trade surplus economy which will help our rupee to strengthen and achieve our goal of 5 Tr economy by 2024 and 10 tr economy by 2030.Government should immediately come out with such incentive policy without any delay.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
We import timber worth Rs 45000 crore. This is utter stupid. If you plant a tree in your farm and if you want to sell it, you will sent to jail for cutting the trees. Because of this stupidity of government, A country like ours with more than half of population earning their livelihood from agriculture is importing timbers from wrong policy of the government. Just plant the timber trees in a big way and eliminate that export and ern a big revenue from the export of the same. The big good thing about this is that this money will go to rural economy and create a great demand as the money will come back in economy by the way of purchase rather than going into banks as a savings.

Fire and groove

Country flag
We need to flesh out and improve the education system and increase investment substantially. Schools should be recognized in 3 tiers for the poor, the middle class and the centers of excellence for those who can afford it. We also need to heavily expand from an academic-centric education system to wholesome education where we develop character, skills and knowledge all together. Teachers need to be better paid and should also graded according to their competence and skills which in turn decide which school/ college they have access to. School curriculum needs to be revised and a more comprehensive, objective and skill oriented system needs to be applied, all children should - for example - be taught basic financial competencies like filling their taxes, managing their bank accounts and money, basic investing and social skills regardless of which stream they head into later. Children should be taught how to research, apply their knowledge practically and just generally work on their critical thinking.
Back to the tiers, we also need to improve accreditation of the education system along with the tiered system to improve general quality. The tiers will act as certification of the institutions capabilities and competence, with the finest being tier 1. All tiers shall receive appropriate benefits to incentivize them, and shall face random quarterly inspections with the officer being assigned practically at the last minute by a software to mitigate bribery.
Better skills will lead to better skilled and a smarter populace, which we sorely need. This country's thinking is entirely communal in nature and individual thinking is practically non-existent. People here always need someone to follow like sheep, and can be incredibly stupid. Their skills are practically non-existent or isolated in nature, making it much harder for business to hire employees with appropriate skills. Innovation is non-existent here, which is embarrassing considering we currently number around 1.4 billion and growing. Practically everything "innovative" amongst our startups and companies is just foreign technology/ ideas copied from other countries. This is actually the main reason there are fewer startups in this country. People don't have relevant financial skills and competence, nor do they have the knowledge to innovate something new which has lead to stagnation in our industry development and technological growth. Simply incentivizing startups won't do when they can't figure anything out, we need smarter, logical and practical as well as theoretically competent people to go forward. Don't expect India to become a superpower if you aren't willing to invest in your human capital.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
We import timber worth Rs 45000 crore. This is utter stupid. If you plant a tree in your farm and if you want to sell it, you will sent to jail for cutting the trees. Because of this stupidity of government, A country like ours with more than half of population earning their livelihood from agriculture is importing timbers from wrong policy of the government. Just plant the timber trees in a big way and eliminate that export and ern a big revenue from the export of the same. The big good thing about this is that this money will go to rural economy and create a great demand as the money will come back in economy by the way of purchase rather than going into banks as a savings.
We should substitute timber with other modern synthetic materials just like EU countries. This will save environment and reduce our dependence on imported timber.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
We need to flesh out and improve the education system and increase investment substantially. Schools should be recognized in 3 tiers for the poor, the middle class and the centers of excellence for those who can afford it. We also need to heavily expand from an academic-centric education system to wholesome education where we develop character, skills and knowledge all together. Teachers need to be better paid and should also graded according to their competence and skills which in turn decide which school/ college they have access to. School curriculum needs to be revised and a more comprehensive, objective and skill oriented system needs to be applied, all children should - for example - be taught basic financial competencies like filling their taxes, managing their bank accounts and money, basic investing and social skills regardless of which stream they head into later. Children should be taught how to research, apply their knowledge practically and just generally work on their critical thinking.
Back to the tiers, we also need to improve accreditation of the education system along with the tiered system to improve general quality. The tiers will act as certification of the institutions capabilities and competence, with the finest being tier 1. All tiers shall receive appropriate benefits to incentivize them, and shall face random quarterly inspections with the officer being assigned practically at the last minute by a software to mitigate bribery.
Better skills will lead to better skilled and a smarter populace, which we sorely need. This country's thinking is entirely communal in nature and individual thinking is practically non-existent. People here always need someone to follow like sheep, and can be incredibly stupid. Their skills are practically non-existent or isolated in nature, making it much harder for business to hire employees with appropriate skills. Innovation is non-existent here, which is embarrassing considering we currently number around 1.4 billion and growing. Practically everything "innovative" amongst our startups and companies is just foreign technology/ ideas copied from other countries. This is actually the main reason there are fewer startups in this country. People don't have relevant financial skills and competence, nor do they have the knowledge to innovate something new which has lead to stagnation in our industry development and technological growth. Simply incentivizing startups won't do when they can't figure anything out, we need smarter, logical and practical as well as theoretically competent people to go forward. Don't expect India to become a superpower if you aren't willing to invest in your human capital.
We have invested in human capital. We have gov funded education institutions ranging from IITs to ITIs. This is the reason why indian educated Sundar Pichai is CEO of Google and there are many such examples.

Fire and groove

Country flag
We have invested in human capital. We have gov funded education institutions ranging from IITs to ITIs. This is the reason why indian educated Sundar Pichai is CEO of Google and there are many such examples.
IIT is a joke. It is nowhere near as good as the higher education institutions the world considering it's supposed to be the gold standard in Indian education, it simply crams an abnormal amount of theory into a kid's head and expects extremely high results later, then tries to pass off the kid as ". Sundar Pichai is also a graduate from Stanford University where he got his Masters of science.
The Indian government has historically never given a damn about education and it still doesn't considering it just lowered the education budget for this year even when it was already stagnating. Education isn't something in which you achieve mediocre quotas and then pass off as sufficient. Education should be the leading investment when it comes to government budget, period. Or we're frankly dreaming of becoming a superpower. We can start off by reworking reservation to offer scholarships to the poor rather than letting any dumb fuck reach high-grade institutions because he got 60%, and again, implementing a tier based grading system to access both quality and quantity depending on one's financial situation and needs. Teachers are largely incompetent in their own fields and the rest are underpaid, textbooks and curriculum are outrageously basic in all subjects except math and science which are barely covered in practical applications. Do our schools teach us properly about the stock market and how to make comprehensive investments? No. Does it matter? considering the huge difference a healthy, well invested stock market has when it comes to economic growth, fuck yes. But you'll barely see people make investments in it because
A) They know absolutely nothing about the stock market and investing, most don't even know how to manage a bank account
B) Most of the people who think they do treat it like a Ponzi, get rich quick scheme looking for high-risk high-return investments even though they don't have the knowledge to mitigate risks and they don't have the emotional intelligence to persevere when the prices fluctuate.

This is a country where people will believe in some being floating in space even though there isn't a single human who has ever seen him/her face to face, but not in practical and scientific solutions that offer verified explanations.

IndianYonko

Country flag
--> IIT is a joke. it simply crams an abnormal amount of theory into a kid'
How many IITs you been too. I never had any such exp. Its a fucking college. do things your way. No one is asking to cram.

--> Teachers are largely incompetent in their own fields and the rest are underpaid,
Very wrong assumption.

--> curriculum are outrageously basic in all subjects except math and science which are barely covered in practical applications.
What do you want Ph D/masters curriculum in schools. When entire world is concerned about over pressure on kids. This guy is in his own bubble.

-->Do our schools teach us properly about the stock market and how to make comprehensive investments?

No. Does it matter? considering the huge difference a healthy, well invested stock market has when it comes to economic growth, fuck yes. But you'll barely see people make investments in it because

A) They know absolutely nothing about the stock market and investing, most don't even know how to manage a bank account.

B)
Most of the people who think they do treat it like a Ponzi, get rich quick scheme looking for high-risk high-return investments even though they don't have the knowledge to mitigate risks and they don't have the emotional intelligence to persevere when the prices fluctuate
Stop it, You want kids to learn investment strategy in schools. Wow...
Quant analysts and HFTs are one of the highest paid jobs today.

People didnt used banks so they dont know. Its doesnt define anything. Once start using banks they will know it.
And ponzi schemes: bro you arr in your own world; people are not this idiot. And yes, people with very high emotional intelligence don't blabber this much.

——> This is a country where people will believe in some being floating in space even though there isn't a single human who has ever seen him/her face to face, but not in practical and scientific solutions that offer verified explanations.
Now you talk like ricebags. That describes your entire blabbering.

So much crap in single para. Either you are black pilled or frustrated.

Fire and groove

Country flag
How many IITs you been too. I never had any such exp. Its a fucking college. do things your way. No one is asking to cram.

Very wrong assumption.

What do you want Ph D/masters curriculum in schools. When entire world is concerned about over pressure on kids. This guy is in his own bubble.

Quant analysts and HFTs are one of the highest paid jobs today.

People didnt used banks so they dont know. Its doesnt define anything. Once start using banks they will know it.
And ponzi schemes: bro you arr in your own world; people are not this idiot. And yes, people with very high emotional intelligence don't blabber this much.

Now you talk like ricebags. That describes your entire blabbering.

So much crap in single para. Either you are black pilled or frustrated.
"How many IITs you been too. I never had any such exp. Its a fucking college. do things your way. No one is asking to cram."
---- Let me ask you something, would you be spending extra time conducting additional research when you have 6 assignments on deadline?? Or would you rather do the needful so you end up completing them in the first place???

"Very wrong assumption."
---- Assumption? My mom's a teacher. I've grown up with personal insight into the educational system including - for example - helping her with marking the answer sheets of board exam students twice. I've seen too many teachers that have little knowledge beyond what the textbook says and who's teaching method relies entirely on rote-copy methodology.

"What do you want Ph D/masters curriculum in schools. When entire world is concerned about over pressure on kids. This guy is in his own bubble.
Quant analysts and HFTs are one of the highest paid jobs today."
---- So it's perfectly fine to teach kids about trigonometry, calculating the mass of the moon and the gravitational pull and human metabolism which - for 90% of students - will have fuck all bearing and applications in their future, but apparently the stock market is a big no-no...

"People didnt used banks so they dont know. Its doesnt define anything. Once start using banks they will know it."
---- Banks - along with most other financial institutions - were pioneered and shaped in the west and still are today, yet even now a sizeable portion of the western population struggles with managing their bank accounts due to a lack of knowledge, the fuck makes you think people who have little to no experience or education with financial services and fin-tech will automatically "figure it out" when they start using it here?

---- Which rock do live under?? If history has proven anything, it's that the average intelligence of the human population is quite damn low. There's a reason why companies still have to apply warning signs on their bleach products so that some fucking idiot doesn't try to see what it tastes like. I mean, fuck, do you even realize just how many oblivious people there are in the stock market practically gambling their money away because some similarly clueless twit told them "this stock will explode"???

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles