Mutiny in 3 Pak infantry brigades?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
With reports of mass desertion, the Pakistan Army-battling the Taliban in the North West Frontier Province-appeared to be in deep trouble.

The tri-services intelligence recently made a presentation to the military top brass, putting the number of soldiers deserting the forces to be more than 900. Headlines Today possessed these exclusive intelligence inputs.

According to the inputs, cases of fratricide-soldiers killing soldiers-have shot up in some formations of the Pakistan Army.

The mutiny has been reported in three infantry brigades-Parachinar, Kohat and Turbat-with at least six recent fratricide cases in the army formations.

It forced the army to seek the psychiatrists' assistance to help the troops. The report said cases of mutiny within the Pakistan Army were on a sharp rise since 2007.

The soldiers' toll in the current operations stood at 370 since April 2009.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan Army ordered a manhunt for Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud in Makeen. Taliban leaders Maulvi Nazir and Qari Gulbahadur Jaan also top their list.

Waziristan leader Qari Zainuddin is supporting the manhunt for Mehsud.

The report said Mehsud has been maintaining contact with two senior Pak Army officers. The Taliban have extensive prior inputs on the army's movements, it added.

The army claimed to have smoked out the Taliban from its tribal areas, but intelligence reports say that the Al Qaeda and the Taliban top brass were still very much intact.

Mutiny in 3 Pak infantry brigades?: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

dave lukins

Professional
i hope USA gets a refund.
I don't think the US had put Mutiny as a pre requisite for payment.:wink:

The problems for the Pakistani Army will now be monumental as we now hear reports of soldier killing soldier. To loose 900 men by desertion has to affect morale, from the newest recruit to the top General. Are these soldiers deserting because they have had enough, frightened, or to join the 'enemy'? To have former soldiers, who you have trained with, who know your strengths and weaknesses, now fighting against you with the enemy is a daunting thought.

threadbrowser

Oh dear so it finally happened.
Us Indians they will fight to the last breath but asking Pak soldiery to kill their moslem brethren in the NWFP, Swat and other areas was always a unpopular thing.
Have any formed units killed their officers and gone across en masse, or is it just disaffected guys going home so far?

Pintu

I agree with Dave Sir's view here, it will be a monumental problem of Pakistan Army to fight with Taliban and their morale will suffer greatly because this, and the key of this problem lies in radicalisation of Pakistan Army allowed by its previous rulers during the Soviet rule in Afghanistan in order to actively support Jehadists there and Pak Army's proxy war with us by means of supporting terrorism in our country and using the same technique to create terrorism in our country.

Regards

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The answer is simple.

If I am not educated and all I am aware is my religion, Then, ...............

Country flag
pakistan has a long history mutiny and desertions in every single war they fought(and lost) why should this be any different? The deception was by the Pakistani government who knew that the army would not fight and still took aid, even after they had surrendered earlier.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Imran khan has recently raised this issue on his last visit to USA That pastun army is killing pastun[spellings] civilians.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles