Murder of humanity and values in China

amitkriit

A 3-year-old girl was bumped by a van. Although the drivers realized he had bumped into a girl, he accelerated his van again so that its rear wheels run her over. Between, dozens of pedestrians walked beside the dying girl, but none of them gave out a helping hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vladimir79

Professional
I just re-tasted my dinner. This is the generation that is going to run China, they are screwed.

Tronic

That's traumatizing! We're all humans at the end of the day and stuff like this leaves me in such disgust and anger, and feelings beyond words. May the innocent little soul find peace and never have to tread this hell of a world again!

Will also say to all here, Chinese or Indians, we are humans at the end of the day. Let us not invoke any triumphalism for these heartless beasts are not alien to India either.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Happens countless times in every part of the world very often. Why singling out China?

4yr old baby died in Wardha,MH hospital because doctors preferred to continue strike instead of helping her.

kickok1975

China is sick and a lot of Chinese already lost their moral standard thanks to our culture revolution and get rich quick theory. Forget about so called harmoneous society, it's such a joke.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
P.s: 7 year back when i was in Kolkata, i hit by a car head on, my both legs were broken and i was in pain, the driver who hit me ran away but at-least 50 people pulled me out of the road, checked my ID and call authorities..

I cant forget that, My Blood Boil when i watched this vid, But Sad coz it does happen in this part of world too..

SPIEZ

Country flag
Sad, very sad and pathetic! Pls in the name of humanity try to at least call the police.

This is not about nations, this is about people and human beings. Hope in the future they try to be humane.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sad.

Irresponsible and uncaring people are there all over.

The pedestrians should have helped the victim.

That is even worse.

amitkriit

Happens countless times in every part of the world very often. Why singling out China?

4yr old baby died in Wardha,MH hospital because doctors preferred to continue strike instead of helping her.
I have seen how poor people get mistreated inside government hospitals. Government employees feel zero social and moral responsibility. If you raise your voice, nobody listens, whole institution will gang up against you.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You won't find any country but China's One Child generation with such apathy for others.

amoy

Old values crumbling then there's a void. Deng hailed development as top priority but when "development" is in place more problems are arising.  

I won't indulge in 'humanity' . Also it's abt disciplines and law / rule enforcemnt meaning offenders are to be held accoutable and to answer for what they did, seriously.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
A two-year-old toddler was run over by two vans and mortally wounded, after which 18 people passed her indifferently in south China's Guangdong Province.

Thanks to the 19th passer-by, a woman garbage collector who came to her aid about seven minutes after the first hit, the girl didn't die immediately in last Thursday's incident. But doctors said the girl died yesterday from severe brain injuries she had suffered in the accident.

Police have detained both drivers.

After the surveillance video of the incident was put online yesterday, many netizens condemned the 18 passers-by who could have helped the girl avoid the second accident. The case was the latest to bring home the question of whether people today are too cold-blooded to help, or whether it's smart to stay away from an accident to avoid the chance of being accused of responsibility by the victim.

The girl, identified by her parents as Yueyue, was knocked down by a van about 5:30pm last Thursday, when walking alone in a hardware wholesaling market in the city of Foshan. The car driver stopped for a while after the front wheel rolled over the girl. But he sped away soon and the rear wheel crushed her again.

A witness walked around the girl lying on the narrow street without stopping, the surveillance camera showed. Then a biker and a pedestrian passed her but ignored the girl struggling in a pool of blood.

A second van driver, who didn't see the girl, crushed her again and fled the scene. After the second hit, Yueyue became motionless.

Over the ensuing five minutes, 15 people passed her and each of them just took a look. None stopped to lend a hand.

Then finally, about seven minutes after the girl was hit by the first van, the trash collector came to her aid. She rushed to help her sit up but Yueyue was paralyzed. So the woman moved her from the middle of the street to the side. She yelled for help and Yueyue's mother came and held her daughter in her arms.

Yueyue was rushed to the General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command, where she remained in the intensive care unit until she died yesterday afternoon.

"She couldn't breathe on her own," said Wen Qiang, deputy director of the ICU department.

The incident is the latest example of passers-by acting indifferently to victims injured in crimes. In this case, some blamed the parents for letting the girl walk on the street alone. More criticized the phenomenon of people passing by without helping, caused at least in part by previous extortion attempts from the injured and their families who have sometimes tried to blame the person helping.

The notorious "Nanjing Peng Yu" incident is fresh in people's minds even after five years. In 2006, in Nanjing City in east China, a young man named Peng Yu who had just gotten off a bus went to aid a 65-year-old woman who was knocked down by a fellow passenger. The woman eventually sued Peng, claiming he was the one who knocked her down.

In September, an 88-year-old man lay helpless on a crowded avenue in Wuhan City in central China for about 90 minutes before someone took him to the hospital. The old man died from a nosebleed that blocked his airway, suffocating him.
Help late; girl run over by 2 vans dies -- Shanghai Daily | 上海日报 -- English Window to China New

RIP, the little girl is no more.
Both Drivers have been arrested.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Just reading some cases, Mostly those who try to help in China they are usually arrested, Where as in other countries its opposite..

SixSigma1978

Um - we see this all the time in India too - I think I have YET to read a report wherein eve-teasers are challenged by the girl and her family - the eve teasers become hostile and their kill or maim the victim or her helper - and people just stand around watching!

the words " They kept on hitting us but no one came forward to help" - reports I've seen countless of times. No one killed Jessica is a good stereotype of Indian public. I thought this attitude was limited to India - but clearly not!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
This is not the first time in China a child being run over by a barbarian. The first incident was I heard involved a six year old school girl run over twice by the same driver aged 21 years. His reason for running over her twice was that he can avoid life long payment to take care of her medical bills.

I have seen the same incident in New Delhi in 2005 which involved a labourer body lying on the road with head separated from body. I was on a visit to attend a marriage of my niece. I did ask the relatives to stop and call Police and was ignored by those morons.

In other incident I personally detained a scooter who had knocked a rickshaw and a child of rickshaw driver was thrown off on to the road not hurt.
Due to the overcrowding on the road I did apprehend the fleeing scooter driver and made him pay for damage to the rickshaw. I left the scene after the rickshaw was repaired to my and owners satisfaction.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles