Mumbai, Delhi amongst top 20 most fashionable cities in the world!

Gladiator

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New York (PTI) Milan has been named the world's top fashion city in an annual survey that ranks Mumbai at the 16th place and New Delhi at 17th.

Milan ended New York's five-year reign as the top fashion capital in the Global Language Monitor's annual global survey.

Following Milan and New York are Paris, Rome and London.

Last year, Mumbai was at the 22nd place and New Delhi at 24th. Hong Kong and Sao Paulo have broken into the 'Top 10' this year, the GLM said.

"The global economic restructuring has affected the fashion industry just as it has touched everything else," said Millie L Payack, a director at GLM.

"The catwalks were still crowded though with the lights dimmer, the hype a bit more restrained, and 'recessionists', of course, thriving," Millie said in a statement.

Other Asian cities in the top 30 are Hong Kong (7), Dubai (11), Tokyo (12), Shanghai (15), Singapore (20) and Bangkok (27).

This ranking was based on GLM's predictive quantities index, a proprietary algorithm that tracks words and phrases in print and electronic media, on the Internet and throughout the blogosphere. The words and phrases are tracked in relation to their frequency, contextual usage and appearance in global media outlets.

The Hindu News Update Service

Gladiator

Not bad heh? Considering they beat so many countries from Europe, US, Australia and South America!

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I know... now everybody on this site will be jealous of me due to my style quotient and because I'm better dressed than you blokes in my saffron robes and langot !!!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I'm in Milan and I see fashionable chicks all around :D.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I'm in Milan and I see fashionable chicks all around :D.
The women of Europe fancy men of the orient with mystique like me... in fact, my saffron robes and langot will be a big rage in Italy when I come there...

Of course, needless to say if I will be the rage of the town, then I'll be the only one getting any action, not a gun toting madman :D:D:D:D

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
You wanna see women?Delhi beats at that.

robphilines

It's good to hear that NewYork is at the first position as I am great fan of the fashion trends which are going on NewYork. Newyork always come up with new styles and creativity and I always try out the to wear such things.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles