Multi Role Helicopters (MRH) to be inducted into Indian Navy

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
First 2 airframes (ex-USN) handed over

View attachment 100235

View attachment 100236
While saying ex USN airframes it’s best you clarify they were yet to be delivered to USN and diverted to IN to ensure quick delivery and training. I’ve seen some nay sayers on Twitter today ranting at us becoming like Pakis buying secondhand products 😂

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
While saying ex USN airframes it’s best you clarify they were yet to be delivered to USN and diverted to IN to ensure quick delivery and training. I’ve seen some nay sayers on Twitter today ranting at us becoming like Pakis buying secondhand products 😂

So there's no difference between USN MH60s and IN MH60's, radrs, comms, etc? That's interesting. Good for interoperability and better training.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
So there's no difference between USN MH60s and IN MH60's, radrs, comms, etc? That's interesting. Good for interoperability and better training.
There certainly will be differences in avionics and systems, here the airframes were produced for the US Navy but they had not yet taken delivery of them. I don’t even think avionics and systems were even installed on these airframes, when the decision was made to divert them to the Indian Navy.

Wisemarko

Country flag
The Indian MH-60R are based on Saudi configuration that adds hellfire/APKWS missile capability. Read more-https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/indian-mh-60r-helos-to-be-saudi-standard-plus-national-mods

USN has more MH-60 than it needs. That is because of cancellation of LCS project cancellation.

Wisemarko

Country flag
You still don’t get it. The 60R cockpit is the same as was fielded back in 2012 and the 70B cockpit was still significantly superior. Yes, the 70B is no longer produced, but it is still in service with the Turkish Navy and Singapore Navy. And, yes after 8 years there would be obsolescence issues to deal with. Doesn’t change the fact that a federated architecture is better choice for international customers who will need to modify the avionics and mission systems they buy to meet their own unique needs. Do you even know the difference between a federated architecture and a centralized architecture? How you come to the conclusion that I want someone to buy the 70B product just because I worked on it shows how really stupid you are. I have 28 years of experience in avionics and mission system/software development and integration. 33 years if you include my work on the Boeing 757/767 flight management system. What have you got? I will waste no more time on someone who does not know what they are talking about.
Are you still mourning the loss of S-70 to MH-60R? I just saw a blackberry and thought of you. 🥂

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Australia Has Had Enough Of Its Dysfunctional MRH90 Helicopters, to be replaced by UH60M Blackhawk

Ironically, Blackhawk is the helicopter the MRH90 originally intended to replace.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Can these fit in the IN Destroyer/Frigate hangers? Dimensions dont seem to be much different from the existing Seakings. .
Lol? Is that even a Question? Yes it's obvious,or else why Else would we be buying Them?
Indian Navy must have Definitely kept in mind that whether these Helicopters will fit in the hangars of the Current Destroyers/Frigates of the Indian Navy ,The Indian Navy is Certainly not a fool. Don't take too much tension about it.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Which helicopter have better chances
What do you mean by Which helicopters will have better chances?
Bro the Helicopter has been already selected for the Indian Navy and it's the MH-60 Helicopter for your information.

Super falcon

Country flag

Pakistan navy ibducting seaking ASW helicopters what you guys think do they becone a threat to ibdian subs or jyst a myth

These were potent halos

But frankly oakistan should and in taljs with italy to buy 4 NH 90 helicopters for ada class corvetes

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag

Pakistan navy ibducting seaking ASW helicopters what you guys think do they becone a threat to ibdian subs or jyst a myth

These were potent halos

But frankly oakistan should and in taljs with italy to buy 4 NH 90 helicopters for ada class corvetes
These are 2nd hand used helos. Nothing too good about them. Also they aren't upgraded.

And you have to buy these coz Chinki ones are Chonki and don't fit your ships and West wouldn't sell you any atm

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles