MTC-300, the Brazilian Tomahawk

IBSA

Country flag
It is in final developing stage, the Brazilian cruise missile MTC-300, acronym for Cruise Tactical Missile, while the 300 refers to its action range of 300 km. Its accuracy is near about 50 meters. Brazilian Army has ordered 100 units to be delivered till 2023. Nicknamed "The Killer", the missile is projected to be a cheaper version of Tomahawk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV-TM_300

geoBR

Country flag
Good missile, especially for us to sell to Pakistan and India. :laugh: :lol:
:balleballe:

IBSA

Country flag
Pakistan maybe, we have our own cruise missile program ie Nirbhay and also we have Brahmos with speed of mach 3.
Nirbhay is having some difficulties, isn't? AFAIK the missile failed in its last tests.

Depending the way that two missiles' projects follows, it could be interesting for India and Brazil to work in some jointly defence projects, till even due to our current political proximity in BRICS or IBSA groups. For example, Brazil and South Africa develops the A-Darter missile jointly.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Nirbhay is having some difficulties, isn't? AFAIK the missile failed in its last tests.

Depending the way that two missiles' projects follows, it could be interesting for India and Brazil to work in some jointly defence projects, till even due to our current political proximity in BRICS or IBSA groups. For example, Brazil and South Africa develops the A-Darter missile jointly.
You are wrong the last test was a thumping success.

BTW Nirbhay has a range of 1200kms and Brahmos :brahmos:800kms at mach3. MTC300 is obsolete for India but you can enjoy this new LOLLIPOP. Give it a nice lick and suck BJ.

India doesn't need this obsolete junk...:biggrin2:

IBSA

Country flag

BTW Nirbhay has a range of 1200kms and Brahmos :brahmos:800kms at mach3. MTC300 is obsolete for India but you can enjoy this new LOLLIPOP. Give it a nice lick and suck BJ.

MTC-300 isn't an obsolete, but it is in an initial developing stage, then is normal its limitations. Anyway it can be suited for India's needs, but for Brazil needs it is enough to the point our Army has ordered it.

Further, Brazilian Navy thinks interesting the Brahmos. In the last LAAD expo in Rio de Janeiro, I even saw a Brahmos' company stand there. So, if you wants to export your weapons to other countries it is good to do good diplomacy and not to ill speak their weapons.

AMCA

Country flag

Last test of Nirbhay missile was a success and all the issues with the missile have been resolved.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...uise-missile-nirbhay/articleshow/61543937.cms

We already have BrahMos missile with 400km range with future plans to extend the range upto 800km. Best thing about BrahMos is that it can be fired from Land, Aircraft, Warships as well as from submarines.

Air launched BrahMos

Now check out the accuracy of this missile

Last edited:

Kalki_2018

Country flag
If it is light enough and small enough (like Urans) it could be a good replacement for smaller ships and corvettes. The good thing is it is meant to be fired from Astros.

AnantS

Country flag
what are the dimensions of missile? It looks lighter and smaller than Nirbhay. I wonder if it can be carried by small fighters like LCA & Jaguar. And I doubt its obsolete as it is yet to be even flight tested?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
MTC-300 isn't an obsolete, but it is in an initial developing stage, then is normal its limitations. Anyway it can be suited for India's needs, but for Brazil needs it is enough to the point our Army has ordered it.

Further, Brazilian Navy thinks interesting the Brahmos. In the last LAAD expo in Rio de Janeiro, I even saw a Brahmos' company stand there. So, if you wants to export your weapons to other countries it is good to do good diplomacy and not to ill speak their weapons.
Brother can u make a thread about Brazillian militaray here.
I'm very interested in Brazil's military capability.

porky_kicker

Country flag

Rather than buying , it would serve the interests of both countries if they went for joint development of systems.

Brazilian aviation holds more to offer as far as I am concerned.

JV in developing transport planes should interest either countries.

Anyways Brazil has good defence industrial capabilities and one does not need to take online comments seriously, as facts on the ground cannot be changed by people's opinions/comments.

You can post about the many tactical missiles that has been developed by Brazil so that people here become aware of the capabilities of your country.

I believe mar 1 arm was procured by Pakistan.

Also you guys have quite a few JV with south Africa.

India does not have a WVR so it is another area where Brazil has experience and can go into JV for developing such if interest is shown by both parties.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag

Sir you could have answered in a better tone

We don't realise that in small ways we are the ambassador's of our country and importantly ourselves.

I believe you got carried away and hope you realise it

Should we become like the porkies and wallow in self praise and deprecate others ?
Or should we act like indians and show respect and humility ?

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
We already buy Embrare private jets might as well do a JV to further boost each other's industry.
But the problem is that Outide power(u know who I'm talking about) will not like this and after some hook and crook the JV will go down the drain.

This is KC 390

porky_kicker

Country flag
We already buy Embrare private jets might as well do a JV to further boost each other's industry.
But the problem is that Outide power(u know who I'm talking about) will not like this and after some hook and crook the JV will go down the drain.
I am a simple man and I believe where there is a will there is a way.

People who are in power will need to do their job and there is nothing more I / we can do about it , isn't it ?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Brazilian MAA-1A and MAA-1B WVR AAMs

The one on the bottom is an ATGM

images.jpeg

jat

JV with Brazil might not be a bad idea, but India would have to be the Senior in this situation as brazil as problems especially corruption. Strategic and tactical projects should have India on the helm.

santacatarinabr

Country flag
-
MTC 300 - The Brazilian Tomahawk Missile | AV TM 300 - Brazilian Cruise Missile [subtitled]
-

no smoking

Country flag
It is in final developing stage, the Brazilian cruise missile MTC-300, acronym for Cruise Tactical Missile, while the 300 refers to its action range of 300 km. Its accuracy is near about 50 meters. Brazilian Army has ordered 100 units to be delivered till 2023. Nicknamed "The Killer", the missile is projected to be a cheaper version of Tomahawk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV-TM_300
Are you sure about this?
Cruise missile generally carries 200-300kg warhead, with only 50 meters accuracy, the damage it can cause will be very limited. At least, it won't be competitive in the market.

santacatarinabr

Country flag
Are you sure about this?
Cruise missile generally carries 200-300kg warhead, with only 50 meters accuracy, the damage it can cause will be very limited. At least, it won't be competitive in the market.

There are 300 km of distance for export, a probable error circle of 10 meters (precision of 10 meters) and a war load of 200 kg (with explosive equivalent to 500 kg of TNT).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles