MSPO 2013 arms exhibition in Kielce.

Damian

In Monday, 2nd september starts MSPO exhibition in Kielce, Poland. I think it is good time to start a thread about this very interesting, XXI edition of this one of the biggest in Europe, arms exhibition.

And guess what, we have first photos of new variant of WPB "Anders" (despite rumors that program was completely cancelled and vehicle had been disassembled), and a covered technology demonstrator of something that looks like a tank.

And some other things.

This year MSPO will be very exciting, I will be there 4th september so expect more detailed photos to be uploaded from 5th onwards.

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Great stuff will be looking forward to the pictures from your side.

Damian

Ok, it seems that new photos are leaking to internet even before MSPO starts.

This is a concept technology demonstrator of new tank designed by PHO and BAE.

The turret is clearly unmanned design, we can see RCWS on top of turret and active protection system elements.

Hull seems to be based on CV90 but is deeply modified, also vehicles seems to include some sort of Stealth technology.

Important!!! I am not authot of these photos, they were originally posted one of Polish internet forums.

Last edited:

JBH22

The CV90 seems to be still potent platform appears that it never grew old.

There was a thread about India trying to acquire light tank Anders,but then here you are saying its cancel. Any update

Damian

@JBH22

No, WPB Anders seems to not be cancelled, but is still in development, there were only rumors that vehicle had been disassembled and program cancelled. As we can see on photos in my first post, WPB Anders this year is shown in cofniguration of tank destroyer armed with ATGM's launcher.

It seems that PHO and BAE are working on two pararell projects, one is WPB Anders and the second is CONCEPT PL-01 based on CV90.

As far as I know both vehicles are still only technology demonstrators (something like a concept car), and the real prototype of new modular platform will be shown in 2016. This real prototype will be based on experience gathered with WPB Anders and CONCEPT PL-01.

What is important to note, our engineers informed in one of press articles, that they plan to place whole crew in armored, isolated capsule inside hull. Which further points out that CV90 hull is just a placeholder untill new prototype hull won't be designed.

While turret seems to be more or less completed as unmanned design.

Oh, and one more important information. It seems that currently WPB Anders is tested with hybrid engine generating power of nearly 1000-1500HP.

It is then possible that our future tank will be also powered by hybrid system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrei_bt

CV90 hull is just a placeholder untill new prototype hull won't be designed.
no problem - driver in ront, 2 others - rear of the hull.

militarysta

MSPO special magazine from RAPORT-wto:

Raport MSPO Extra 1 - CMI Defence
CMI propose manufacturing base location in Poland
CMI Defence Profile
Technologically advanced turrets and their guns
As customers require
World market achievements

Raport MSPO Extra 2 - Rosomak / WZM SA
Birth of the Rosomak
Modular vehicle - many possibilities
Rosomak in Afghanistan
Taming the Rosomak
KTO Rosomak simulators in the user training process
Rosomak Clinic

Raport MSPO Extra 5 - HSW
75 years of Huta Stalowa Wola
With users for the whole year
HSW worldwide
Training in the package with the product
Holiday of Regina in the St Barbara's Holiday
Manoeuvres of Mortars on the firing ground
On development path
Survey through the most important agreements, consortiums and R&D works realized by HSW SA or with its participation

Raport MSPO Extra 3 - WB Group
WB Electronics group (only in polish)

Raport MSPO Extra 4 - WAT
WAT Group (only in polish)

And raport from the first day in MSPO:

Raport MSPO 1
Still the largest, in new decorations
Prezydent Bronisław Komorowski po raz drugi na MSPO
Priorites of President Komorowski
Reduction will not threat the key programs
Inverter IRM 01
MEADS dual intercept test this year
AW149 new generation military helicopter on display at MSPO 2013
Falconeye-IRST od Aselsan
Falconeye-IRST (Infrared Search and Track Capability)
Polish Defence and Law Enforcement Worldwide (last 20 years)

Damian

E-RAPORT MSPO 1/2013 - Premiera PL-01 Concept - Altair Agencja Lotnicza

Here something about PL-01 Concept. Translator nececary for non polish speakers.

But to make short summary. This vehicle based on CV90 is actually not even a technology demonstrator but a simple concept model to show in which direction development might follow.

Real vehicle is actually still in very early development phase and definetely will be very different to a concept vehicle we can see on photos.

BTW @militarysta, are you going to MSPO?

Damian

MSPO 13: RAK na podwoziu Mardera - DziennikZbrojny.pl

More informations about 120mm automatic gun-mortar "Rak" on "Marder" IFV hull.

MSPO 13; OSA z rakietami BÅ‚yskawica - DziennikZbrojny.pl

Modernized OSA anti air defence system with improved 9M33 missiles (old style rectangular containers) and integrated with new Polish missile "BÅ‚yskawica" (Lighting - in new style cylinder containers).

I also have some informations about Leopard 2 tanks modernization and purchase of additional batch of these for our armed forces.

Our minister of defence Tomasz Siemoniak said at MSPO:

Currently the technical dialog with manufacturers had been finished and is in analitical phase to choose manufacturers and components meeting requirements.

In 2014 first Leopard 2A4 will be modernized to Leopard 2PL standard and will be tested by ground forces, if tests will be successfull in 2015 all 128 Leopard 2A4's in our inventory will be sended in batches to modernization.

Leopard 2PL modernization will include improvements in fire control system, electronics, turret drives, firepower etc.

Vehicles also will be improved in terms of protection by installation of internal spall liners and outside attache points for additional armor will be welded (no informations what type of addon armor will be choosen, who will be manufacturer and when addon armor will be purchased).

As for additional Leopard 2's, currently still are performed negotiations with Germany, if these will end with success, first tanks could come to Poland in 2014.

Oh, and BTW, for small arms enthusiasts, you need wait maybe even a day or untill I will go to MSPO 4th september to make a photos.

Currently I can only says that @cobra commando and @Kunal Biswas might be very interested in small arms displayed at MSPO, hopefully I will make a lot of photos for you guys.

Damian

@cobra commando

Then more informations and photos of armoured vehicles will make you happy, however informations and photos via press and other media comes too slowly.

I am interested also in "Rosomak" integration with "Spike" ATGM, vehicle was allready presented to president and minister of defence, however no good photos of it are avaiable... yet.

Also at this MSPO edition, there is large Turkish exhibition, I hope they will present some materials about Altay and Tulpar, although I doubt they actually bring prototypes of both to Poland, however I seen photo of their Cobra light armored vehicle.

There is also significant information that HSW, manufacturer of our new artillery systems, is talking with Turkish MKEK to create agreement about cooperation in further development of our artillery systems, mainly heaviest one, the self propelled gun-howitzer "Krab", it seems that HSW is interested in the same powerpack used in Turkish T-155 "Firtina" which is made by MTU with which we are working on building their engines assembly line in Poland.

T-155 powerpack is more modern and more powerfull than our domestic S-12U which is nothing more than modernized soviet V-46 used in T-72 tank.

Damian

As I promised some informations about small arms.

Fabryka Broni "Łucznik" (Arms Factory "Archer") from Radom, presents their new combat pistol, it fires standard NATO 9x19mm rounds.

And another interesting development.

Modular tracked platform "Anders" again had been reconfigured, this time it uses completely hybrid engine (diesel-electric) and what is probably more important... this variant is not manned design, it is completely unmanned.

Purpose of such configuration is to test ideas about fully autonomous unmanned ground vehicles.

MSPO 13: Anders z napędem hybrydowym - DziennikZbrojny.pl

You can see LADAR (LIDAR?) system on the superstructure below "Amur" weapon module.

Last edited:

militarysta

Interesting video, polish ZUR-23-2KG during trening:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles