Moon mining

Enquirer

Okay, since you have so much jaankaari. Tell us 5 scientific endeavour any govt around the world took on simple curiosity without an end goal in mind to benefit the citizens or themselves. Monarchies don't count. Go.
I already listed them, can you find them?
Na posts tik se padte hai, na khitabe padte hain
Na soochte hain, naahin samajte hain
Bas bakvaas likhe jaate hain!!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
If there’s anyone who can blab with complete ignorance of the course of human history, then it must be you. Please stop! I am moving on.
It's you who has a track record of picking fight with anyone while blabbering meaningless things.

Learning things to utilize has been the function of any primary or secondary intelligent species if you even pay a little attention to biology rather than promoting few passionate fantasies as "human history".
Seriously, ignorance has limits.
Yeh kon log hai? Kahan se aate hai yeh log?
Jo bina jaankaari ke post kiye jaate hai
Sab yahi ke log hain. Tu kahan se tapka ye bata?:biggrin2:

Every action has a meaning. Otherwise us level ki curiousity toh Britain mein hi milegi jahan zinda g@** me chocolate banate hain aur mari hui ko museum displaye me lagate hain.
Okay, since you have so much jaankaari. Tell us 5 scientific endeavour any govt around the world took on simple curiosity without an end goal in mind to benefit the citizens or themselves. Monarchies don't count. Go.
I already listed them, can you find them?
Na posts tik se padte hai, na khitabe padte hain
Na soochte hain, naahin samajte hain
Bas bakvaas likhe jaate hain!!
Indeed, governments are spending only to see what's up there without any goal in mind. Kahan se aate hain ye log.:rolleyes:

Sanglamorre

Country flag
I read your list lol. It's funny you think they're funding LHC for pure curiosity. If something comes out of it, you'll have to eat your hat when you see the scramble such will be similar to when Steam power was discovered.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
And another thing. Scientists don't control the funding. If they did, I'm sure there'd be many projects based on curiosity. But the funds are controlled by bureucrats. So yes, they are very result and goal oriented.

Enquirer

I read your list lol. It's funny you think they're funding LHC for pure curiosity. If something comes out of it, you'll have to eat your hat when you see the scramble such will be similar to when Steam power was discovered.
That's exactly the point!! The primary objective is learning/knowing....IF SOMETHING USEFUL can eventually be engineered out of that learning it's a plus. But no one begrudges the learning/knowing even if something useful can't be engineered out of it!!

LHC is funded by a ginormous budget, it has corroborated the theoretical postulations physicists had......it is largely considered a SUCCESS and JOB WELL DONE!!! No one is saying "Gosh! They didn't make my phone charge faster or I couldn't lose the extra pounds I gained over the vacation.......LHC was such a waste of money"!!!!!

Last edited:

Enquirer

And another thing. Scientists don't control the funding. If they did, I'm sure there'd be many projects based on curiosity. But the funds are controlled by bureucrats. So yes, they are very result and goal oriented.
People in the know understand the need to fund 'FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH'. There's never any profit-loss ledger maintained for that......also no IP rights are issued to a particular government or institute for SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES!!

If you've ever wandered (by mistake I mean) into the annals of reputed universities for science, you'll know how much money is poured in to theoretical research and fundamental sciences! Again, at this level there're no IP rights to covet.....information is freely shared with other researchers from time to time!!!

Just to end this debate: NASA's Mars rover was called CURIOSITY!!!!

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Yes it is result oriented. But sometimes governments fund research purely for scientific progress; like the case where governments grant funds for giant planet hunting telescopes... sometimes it is mostly for prestige.. The astronomical amounts granted towards Apollo program come to mind... Any military spinoff, from Apollo does not justify the cost. I would say Chandrayaan is mostly a prestige project.. While many other research funding is with a concrete end game in mind.. like ITER

Enquirer

Yes it is result oriented. But sometimes governments fund research purely for scientific progress; like the case where governments grant funds for giant planet hunting telescopes... sometimes it is mostly for prestige.. The astronomical amounts granted towards Apollo program come to mind... Any military spinoff, from Apollo does not justify the cost. I would say Chandrayaan is mostly a prestige project.. While many other research funding is with a concrete end game in mind.. like ITER
Yes, there are plenty of engineering/technological projects with a specific goals in mind - energy production is a good example, cancer research is another.

But the great minds know that knowing itself is power; one cannot set a result/goal if you don't know what you don't know!! As such the goal itself is simply 'knowing'....how to harness what knowledge you stumble upon is the next step. But as I said before, no one (at least the scientific community) begrudges if knowledge doesn't yield immediate returns!

People questioning 'fundamental research' here on the forum are just one notch away from the illiterates who question 'why space missions, when there's poverty?', 'why computers when there's hunger?'

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Yes, there are plenty of engineering/technological projects with a specific goals in mind - energy production is a good example, cancer research is another.

But the great minds know that knowing itself is power; one cannot set a result/goal if you don't know what you don't know!! As such the goal itself is simply 'knowing'....how to harness what knowledge you stumble upon is the next step. But as I said before, no one (at least the scientific community) begrudges if knowledge doesn't yield immediate returns!

People questioning 'fundamental research' here on the forum are just one notch away from the illiterates who question 'why space missions, when there's poverty?', 'why computers when there's hunger?'
Kya bhai teri problem kya he

Your going on a tangenet.

What's your issue with space mining?

Any reason why u find it non profitable.

China is already materialising portfolios for it, numerous of their Comapnies have shown interest in the space research.

And no country is really lagging behind when it comes to space, how else do u explain these companies like spaceX and Blue origin.
Space tourism is alredy the next big thing.
We are gonna visit earth's exteriors like we go to Switzerland for honeymoon.

If the travel cost is high then we will find ways to decrease it.
If our Metallurgy isn't upto the mark then we will find stronger composites.
If our suits can't withstand space so we'll explore new suite technology.

Enquirer

Kya bhai teri problem kya he

Your going on a tangenet.

What's your issue with space mining?

Any reason why u find it non profitable.

China is already materialising portfolios for it, numerous of their Comapnies have shown interest in the space research.

And no country is really lagging behind when it comes to space, how else do u explain these companies like spaceX and Blue origin.
Space tourism is alredy the next big thing.
We are gonna visit earth's exteriors like we go to Switzerland for honeymoon.

If the travel cost is high then we will find ways to decrease it.
If our Metallurgy isn't upto the mark then we will find stronger composites.
If our suits can't withstand space so we'll explore new suite technology.
Going tangent on the subject of space exploration is to suggest that "mining and bringing it back to earth is a goal".
Which space agency has said that it is one of their objectives? Who is developing technologies to do that?

It's Mickey Mouse stuff that some folks are so vociferously arguing....just because it sounds good!!

Enquirer

LOL What rubbish are u talking??

ALL space agencies got funds by year on year basis (from govt) and so their OBJECTIVES are also set on year-on-year basis or most probably for 3 to 4 years ahead then how can u expect they say ''allocate some funds today so that we mine the moon after 6 DECADES''!:rofl:
Yeh kon log hai? Kahan se aate hai yeh log?
Jo bina jaankaari ke post kiye jaate hai?
Yeh kis jagah mein akal ka akaal pada hai?
Koi kuch karta kyon nahin?
Koi inhe akal ke do roti bheekh mein kyon nahin deta?
Kya akal inse hazam nahin hota?
Kya hai inka ilaaj?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Going tangent on the subject of space exploration is to suggest that "mining and bringing it back to earth is a goal".
Which space agency has said that it is one of their objectives? Who is developing technologies to do that?

It's Mickey Mouse stuff that some folks are so vociferously arguing....just because it sounds good!!
Arey sir ap lodu ho kya?

Kis space agency ka ye sapna nahi he ki wo space me jaa kar mining na kare.
Unka aim he ki jab kabhi possible ho to wo space me mining kare aur profit extract kare.
Abho humare pas formalised plan nahi he but space mining is the obvious end goal.

Enquirer

Arey sir ap lodu ho kya?

Kis space agency ka ye sapna nahi he ki wo space me jaa kar mining na kare.
Unka aim he ki jab kabhi possible ho to wo space me mining kare aur profit extract kare.
Abho humare pas formalised plan nahi he but space mining is the obvious end goal.
Aur tere jaise bhosdi tarkhi, space agency mein ho toh alien ko chodne ka bhi sapna dekhte honge!
Ab chal baaju hat, zara hawa aane de!

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Aur tere jaise bhosdi tarkhi space agency mein ho, toh alien ko chodne ka bhi sapna dekhte honge!
Sir milega to jarur choduga

Ab chal baaju hat, zara hawa aane de!
Thread me hagna band kardo to acchi hawa aa jayegi

Ap itna agressiev kyo ho rahe ho humne aakhir is thread me aisa kya kah diya jo ap sabki lene me lage ho?
This thread is just theoretical prospect ap kuch jada hi emotional ho rahe ho isko leke.

Enquirer

Sir milega to jarur choduga

Thread me hagna band kardo to acchi hawa aa jayegi

Ap itna agressiev kyo ho rahe ho humne aakhir is thread me aisa kya kah diya jo ap sabki lene me lage ho?
This thread is just theoretical prospect ap kuch jada hi emotional ho rahe ho isko leke.
Jis lehje se apni gaand gusaoge usi lehje mein jawaab milega! Samje kuch??

I always believe in proportional and reciprocal escalation!! Ab bina jaane/samje tum dileri dikhane ke liye ghus gaye, toh tumhe roadkill toh banh-na hi tha!

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Jis lehje se apni gaand gusaoge usi lehje mein jawaab milega! Samje kuch??

I always believe in proportional and reciprocal escalation!! Ab bina jaane/samje tum dileri dikhane ke liye ghus gaye, toh tumhe roadkill toh banh-na hi tha!
Sir there is no need to go into abusing language.
Please sir there are members like me who respect you, sir please look from that position too.

Enquirer

Sir there is no need to go into abusing language.
Please sir there are members like me who respect you, sir please look from that position too.
Agreed. But won't let scumbags get away with abusive behavior either.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/wa...rayaan-2-mission/amp_articleshow/70379522.cms
So USA is planning to send astronauts in this region(is this private venture through Jeff bezos company or through NASA don't know) but in 2024 they are planning to go there.
China just sent invitation to India to jointly explore that region.
Also Japan too may be in cooperation with India is planning to send probes there.
NATIONS BIG OR SMALL DON'T WANT TO LOSE THIS RACE.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles