Modi Sarkaar 2.0, Indian politics, Economy, Security and Foreign Policy

mayfair

My answer - Economic factors is one of the foundations of Security but not a guarantee to security. To guarantee security many more things besides the economics are needed.

That is all.
Oh I agree, economic success without ensuring security is a recipe for disaster. Or as they say, a fool and his wealth are soon parted.

But with a strengthening economy, we can allocate more resources to defence is the point I am making. 1.4% of a $10 trillion economy is much more than 1.4% of a $3 trillion economy.

hit&run

Mod
Country flag
What do you see in the near future in TN? Results of next state polls? Can/will AIADMK infighting be solved by a unifying figure (Rajinikanth?) ? Will the current NDA alliance continue and how will BJP itself perform/grow?
People are the same everywhere. The only problem in TN is that national parties are not investing time and resources because they can get power without caring much about the south. South seats were always considered for alliances and to fill shortfalls.

Digvijay once said that there is no need for me to work when Lallu will win Bihar and bring all the required numbers. This is the attitude prevailing in national parties for long.

With the death of J Jayalalithaa AIADMK has not only lost the leader and the cult but the money. No one knows where her money is. Shashikala took most of it.

OTOH Stalin was groomed by Karunanidhi and took charge without any fuss. Also, he has used regionalism quite well so far.

Now all these Tamil regionalism, language superiority, subtle separatism are the cards out in the open. Time will tell how long these chips will work before people get fed off the same rhetorics and then try national parties with effective footprint.

TBH I want this pendulum of separatism to go to its max to an extent where I see these loser burning cities. If they kept it as controlled separatism there is less chance for national parties to gain strength.

Typically parties increase their vote share then it starts yielding into seats after reaching a certain threshold. I think BJP is doing the same but still not yet there.

When Karunanidhi was sick Modi came to see him that was nothing but testing the waters. The reaction of BJP's core constituency was on predictable lines when they saw Modi making overtures to DMK as it is seen (actually is) anti-Hindu party. AIADMK with all the bad reputation, groupism was Hobson's choice for BJP.

AIADMK's future doesn't seem bright to me. Rajnikant is already in check by Kamal Hasan. Only Iswar knows what is in the womb of the future.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Amit Shah would be in the charge of census 2021 . I think NDA has already won half of battle 2024 . No body knows how to make use of data more than him
Shah's ruthless dealing with Jihadis, pseudo Siculars, Pseudo liberals, Maoist, fifth columnists, Urban Naxals will be decisive. This 5 years shall be decisive against the these anti national, anti Hindu gang. They need to be dealt ruthlessly with heavy hand and tactfully with multi prong attack from all sides. Intellectual attack on these fifth columnist is equally important. Fortunately we now have the nationalist media and army of nationalist posters like us to deal with this gang which used to set narrative.

Frontrunner

Country flag
The second term of modi govt with Amit Shah at helm will set a legacy for India as a world power. Thank good lord that this country still has nationalist folks at amass who for all the drivel nd claptrap against modi govt selected him again, leaving congress and anti-nationals commies clutching at straw. Congress who for once was a prime example of nationalist party a la Indira Gandhi now is in cahoots with left and anti nationals commies. The whole cloak of Congress nationalism abrogated when this douche Rahul Gandhi stood a loft with tukde tukde gangs in JNU.. that was the death knell for congress.. that episode augmented the rage against congress among people.. afterwards asking proof for surgical strike 1 & 2 nd demeaning armed forces to take a pot shot at modi only made sure for annihilation of Congress.. people for once can forgive and forget corruption charges but anti national sentiments will only meet strong revoke. This humongous mandate has given a clear signal to anti nationals forces a la kanhiaya kumar, Rahul Gandhi et al that anti national nd treasonous will be left into oblivion. Now Amit shah at helm will only make life deplorable for anti nationals leeches.. article 370, 35A will be bygone. Anyone who pets a dream for bharat tere tukde honge will see the resolve this new India.. i know bjp is not god figure nd their is flaw in them also but for all those cons they are only nationalistic force left in India nd thanks to the people of india for them team modi is at helm.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Kisan Samman Yojna extended to all farmers. To benefit 14.5 crore farmers.
Pension scheme for small and marginal farmers launched to benefit 4.5 crore farmers.
Pension scheme for shopkeepers and self employed persons launched to benefit 3 crore people.

This looks like Modi 2.0 starts with a bang.

These doles will give a boost to the economy for sure by increasing consumption.

I guess these doles will also prevent opposition from marshaling these large sections against the central government.
Recently , I travelled extensively in villages and interacted with lots of people. Some people are extremely happy with government. Now the work has reached grassroot level. People has started realizing the benefits of the government schemes and their life is becoming better. I can see a silent revolution sweeping through villages particularly in dairy and farming sectors. I can see milk price coming down due to huge production. Many areas are emerging as the hub of milk production which in past hardly produced any milk. I am talking about Gujarat but I am sure that other states are also npt much behind.

S.A.T.A

I can't understand what is this itch to review the language policy, every time there New education policy. Why is the need for a new education policy in the New term, are they suggesting the previous education policy, drafted in the first term, was flawed.

Why is the Modi govt flogging a dead horse, one given up for dead almost 50 years ago. Last term too they brought some hindi language circular and beat a hasty retreat when there was opposition. Stick to the bilingual policy or if they want to go for trilingual policy, make it state language (compulsory), English (compulsory) and one of the 22 official languages (let the students choose which).

P:S - This hindi language in education policy rears its head every five years. This is one ghost of the flawed congress policies that needs serious exorcizing and BJP needs this exorcism the most. BJP needs to declare itself 'mukth' of this retrograde congress policy.

Last edited:

hit&run

Mod
Country flag
I can't understand what is this itch to review the language policy, every time there New education policy. Why is the need for a new education policy in the New term, are they suggesting the previous education policy, drafted in the first term, was flawed.

Why is the Modi govt flogging a dead horse, one given up for dead almost 50 years ago. Last term too they brought some hindi language circular and beat a hasty retreat when there was opposition. Stick to the bilingual policy or if they want to go for trilingual policy, make it state language (compulsory), English (compulsory) and one of the 22 official languages (let the students choose which).

P:S - This hindi language in education policy rears its head every five years. This is one ghost of the flawed congress policies that needs serious exorcizing and BJP needs this exorcism the most. BJP needs to declare itself 'mukth' of this retrograde congress policy.

Language policies are not made to be stagnant, in NewZealand and Australia, I have first-hand experience as they change every 3-4 years.

The devil is always in detail even the so-called ancient languages change the way they are taught. Humanities, Political science and even art change. New theories are introduced, new principals are created and then it is a business model where changes are made to create new content.

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag

The new educational policy is much more than just about language, go thru it........

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I think we should focus on urgent issues first, and those would be related to internal security, rest can be dealt later.

hit&run

Mod
Country flag
I think we should focus on urgent issues first, and those would be related to internal security, rest can be dealt later.
I agree but we have to take a few more things into account before letting this government be easy on everything.

35A 370 is full of legal landmines. But ostracizing one big region out of economic activity/industrialization and then risk jobless youth exposed to jihadi terror enterprise is quite a luxury to afford. These special provisions have to go if Modi is serious about Economy.

Ram Mandir is a must now as he is the most powerful and the opposition is in tatters. It won't take one controversy to make Modi defensive and they are already out to sniff and invent one.

Citizens Charter (NCR) is again related to Economy, resources and Jobs for our own Citizens, internal security risks that come along are again heavy on the government exchequer. NGOs and LIbrandus are moaning and sobbing for poor infiltrators, the pressure groups are again looking for scandals to then use them as bargain.

Why so serious?

Country flag
Ajit Doval to continue as National Security Advisor with Cabinet rank
NSA Ajit Doval to get Cabinet rank as Government of India has given him a five year extention.
Image Source : PTI
India TV News DeskNew DelhiUpdated on: June 03, 2019 13:17 IST
NSA Ajit Doval given Cabinet rank in Government of India in recognition of his contribution in the national security domain. His appointment will be for five years.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I agree but we have to take a few more things into account before letting this government be easy on everything.

35A 370 is full of legal landmines. But ostracizing one big region out of economic activity/industrialization and then risk jobless youth exposed to jihadi terror enterprise is quite a luxury to afford. These special provisions have to go if Modi is serious about Economy.

Ram Mandir is a must now as he is the most powerful and the opposition is in tatters. It won't take one controversy to make Modi defensive and they are already out to sniff and invent one.

Citizens Charter (NCR) is again related to Economy, resources and Jobs for our own Citizens, internal security risks that come along are again heavy on the government exchequer. NGOs and LIbrandus are moaning and sobbing for poor infiltrators, the pressure groups are again looking for scandals to then use them as bargain.
Yeah, in fact Modi 2.0 has to take at least 4 - 5 decisions full of landmines. But since Modi 1.0 has dealt successfully with such decisions like GST, Demonetization, etc. So we can assume that Modi 2.0 will successfully deal with 35A, 370, Ram Mandir, CAB and NCR.

We have witnessed that leftists/Islamists are fearful, they are Baton Ka Raja, they have no guts to do any violence or any big revolt against Indian govt. if it's headed by someone like Modi.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Ram Mandir is a must now as he is the most powerful and the opposition is in tatters.
Never assume opposition is in tatters. And it is not.
The fact is our job is only 20% done. We have succeeded in aligning electorate to the national cause. But significant internal and external enemies are looking for an opportunity to strike.

I would defer Ram Mandir issue until at least external enemies are taken care of.

hit&run

Mod
Country flag
Never assume opposition is in tatters. And it is not.
The fact is our job is only 20% done. We have succeeded in aligning electorate to the national cause. But significant internal and external enemies are looking for an opportunity to strike.

I would defer Ram Mandir issue until at least external enemies are taken care of.
This is a strawman argument. Ordinance on Ram Mandir is a matter of hours if Modi wants. SC is going slow and the max extension can be given to this government is till upcoming winter session.

I can understand the problem containing the backlash after the ordinance but this has been never discussed by any of the opinion makers.

On the so-called important issues which must be picked first at the cost of not so important issues like Economy then this government is in the continuity of its previous administration. Even it was in the News that Modi has already planned for the next 100 days and so to unleash a new set of reforms or consolidate the previous one.

It will sound quite hypocritical of the current government not to address these so-called not so important sundry issues with an excuse that they are busy settling in.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I wonder what disease ails NDTV that it has to come out with such idiotic predictions.

Maybe it is loss of previous glory (under Congi govt.) when NDTV and govt were in a cosy relationship. I would call this disease megalomania.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I think that now Vadra is in line. When Vadra will go to jail, Pseudo siculars will cry a lot and will blame Shah.

S.A.T.A

Language policies are not made to be stagnant, in NewZealand and Australia, I have first-hand experience as they change every 3-4 years.

The devil is always in detail even the so-called ancient languages change the way they are taught. Humanities, Political science and even art change. New theories are introduced, new principals are created and then it is a business model where changes are made to create new content.
Between 1968 and now nothing has changed for the union govt to continue to harp on hindi language as compulsory for primary education. Hindi has not enhanced its attractiveness as a language for commercial or academic success nor has it emerged, independently, as some sort of lingua franca in the intervening years. Sure things cannot be stagnant, however the opposition to hindi as some sort of national language and reasoning for it remains pretty much the same.

S.A.T.A

The new educational policy is much more than just about language, go thru it........
My objection is not against a new education policy. Sure let them draft new ones as the occasion suits, but why even insert a contentious policy which has historically speaking, and continues to do so, generated strident opposition.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles