Modi Sarkaar 2.0, Indian politics, Economy, Security and Foreign Policy

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag
I don't understand why even keep English as a compulsory language ?

Why can't the students and parents decide in which medium they want tu study in and which language to study ?
Read thru the thread I posted.. your point has been covered in the draft.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
That's too simplistic take on that. Do remember,a lot of invasions were repelled and continuously at that. Many of the rulers could do that because they maintained strong armies. You'll find that many a time when the fort was breached it was due to ghar-ke-bhedi.

The French spend a lot of resources and efforts in building the Maginot line and it fulfilled its purpose in keeping the Germans away. What they failed to foresee was that the Germans would bypass the line completely by invading via low countries (Belgium and Netherlands).

And how did it end for the Germans? All the advanced weaponry and tricks in the world, culminated in ultimate humiliation, loss of erstwhile territory and division of country down the middle.

The Roma empire too fell because of many factors, internal squabbling being the main. First there was a division between Western and Eastern Roman empire and then we know the rest.

However, the ancient examples are hardly relevant to the modern era.

Let me ask you, if USSR had as much money as China has now, would they collapsed despite having one of the most powerful militaries on the planet?

Do you not think that having Supreme wealth allows China not only to invest hundreds of billions of dollars annually on defence and also have ample resources to clampdown on any and all internal dissent such as in Xinjiang?
The thesis advanced was - economic prosperity will be guarantee to Security .

My answer - Economic factors is one of the foundations of Security but not a guarantee to security. To guarantee security many more things besides the economics are needed.

That is all.

Indrajit

Country flag
This will be a gamechanger decision if it comes out to be true... Just imagine the plight of Sonia when she will have to address Maneka with full respect... Madam Chairperson or Speaker Ma'am... Uffffff I doubt if Sonia will even speak a word In Parliament for the next 5 years for her ego of not respecting Maneka... Time is powerful as they say.... A lady who was given the corner place in the dynast family and was given step motherly treatment will now most probably demand the utmost respect,, as the Lok Sabha Chairman has the highest respect equivalent to the level of Vice President. I hope RaGa doesn't end up calling her Chachi in his Parliament speeches....:biggrin2::biggrin2::devil::devil:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...er-in-17th-lok-sabha/articleshow/69585696.cms

Protem speaker, only to swear in members.

hit&run

Mod
Country flag
If I add to this discussion on what is more important and how things are interdependent; there are a few Issues I would like to mention.

Most important is Economy but I will start on Infrastructure.

Modi 1.0 was all about public spending and IPO on infrastructure. Now that spending has to gradually reduce with more private money coming in.

Private players are benefiting from a growing market but their profits are marginal. Lack of innovation and dependence on the technology bought from outside is hurting their margins. On top of that high-interest rates and credit-crunch is not giving them enough confidence.

India may sustain this GDP rate for the short term but we need long term planning. Lack of innovation must be addressed by investing heavily in HR and R&D. Private player will only participate when margins of profits are better and that will only happen when the technology is available in-house.

Disinvestment will give both short and long term boost but eventually, we will have nothing much to privatize.

Addressing agrarian stress with handouts, value addition, storage and irrigation; are multipronged approaches that must be unleashed. Irrigation has been the most overlooked reform and possibly the most corruption infested. Not only that it is going to be the biggest money guzzler as many audacious projects like connecting the rivers are still in their infancy.

garg_bharat

Country flag
How does that work..............
India is moving steadily from traditional exports like garments to manufactured products; and finding new markets in South America, Africa, Asia etc. As incomes increase, India will lose competitiveness in some sectors to cheaper labour elsewhere. India's project exports and manufactures are rising while leather and garment exports are stagnating or shrinking.

Wait for some time. I shall post composition of India's exports and imports and comparison to 10 years back.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
BJP making inroads into TN. Wait for a lot more nonsense from TN this term...
Right approach would have been to start from grass roots and start recruiting local Tamils who are religious. Then send them to North in places like vrindawan, badrinath, haridwar etc. Then let these tamilians return and recruit more on religious lines. Let them loose on social media and propagate how tamilians are forced to toe Abhramic religions lines rather than dharmic.

Basically, and unfortunately, let there be a division between Hindus and atheists, Christians, Muslims. Checkmate opposition to corner that they are forced to do vote bank politics and alienate Hindus.

Saam, daam, dand, bhed....whatever it takes, crack TN like West Bengal. We want whole integration of India and for that we shall resort to congis type vote bank politics, albeit temporarily.

Indrajit

Country flag
India is moving steadily from traditional exports like garments to manufactured products; and finding new markets in South America, Africa, Asia etc. As incomes increase, India will lose competitiveness in some sectors to cheaper labour elsewhere. India's project exports and manufactures are rising while leather and garment exports are stagnating or shrinking.

Wait for some time. I shall post composition of India's exports and imports and comparison to 10 years back.
That need not be a replacement, it could be an addition. Garments are a huge business employing millions, best not to write it off.

garg_bharat

Country flag
That need not be a replacement, it could be an addition. Garments are a huge business employing millions, best not to write it off.
It is a natural process driven by market forces. Garment business is not dead, its output is absorbed by domestic market. As incomes rise, people buy more clothes, build better houses, buy more automobiles etc. Economy is not only about exports.

saketkr

Country flag
Earlier attempt to divide hindus on caste lines has failed at the hustings of general elections. Now the Plan B to cause chaos in name of language and religion has been initiated. I would not be surprised if the puppeteer is in western world or Arab.

The first challenge of the Modi govt. will be to negotiate this minefield to restrict the space to take decision on issues of National interest like Article 370A, Sri Ram Janmbhoomi, Education reforms, Uniform Civil Code. All these issues have Hindu and Muslim faultlines which ia going to be exploited for spreading chaos and has potential of causing pain.

Amit Shah and Modi will need all guile and wickedness to push through these changes . These decisions will improve National well being and force anti-india forces to reveal themselves. At that moment we neutralise those forces covertly or overtly. I feel this term is going to be ruthless and eventful. I have my seat belts firmly locked. The purge of anti-nationals is about to begin and it is going to be brutal, ugly and no holds barred match... We might find unexpected allies in this fight. West and OIC will be defeated soundly.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Wishing your words come true bro !

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag
Earlier attempt to divide hindus on caste lines has failed at the hustings of general elections. Now the Plan B to cause chaos in name of language and religion has been initiated. I would not be surprised if the puppeteer is in western world or Arab.

The first challenge of the Modi govt. will be to negotiate this minefield to restrict the space to take decision on issues of National interest like Article 370A, Sri Ram Janmbhoomi, Education reforms, Uniform Civil Code. All these issues have Hindu and Muslim faultlines which ia going to be exploited for spreading chaos and has potential of causing pain.

Amit Shah and Modi will need all guile and wickedness to push through these changes . These decisions will improve National well being and force anti-india forces to reveal themselves. At that moment we neutralise those forces covertly or overtly. I feel this term is going to be ruthless and eventful. I have my seat belts firmly locked. The purge of anti-nationals is about to begin and it is going to be brutal, ugly and no holds barred match... We might find unexpected allies in this fight. West and OIC will be defeated soundly.
Trying to exploit fault lines is an old Cold War tactic, there is going to be no end to it and neither any country is able to control the “attacks” coming from outside.

Only solution is making Indian citizens more alert and aware of these things, so that they reject these ideas themselves. Basically we have to make indian citizens more invested in India’s future.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Bangladeshi muslim intruders are committing murders in northern States. This problem is now very serious. We cannot go by what Momota begum thinks. The country's security will not be run according to whims of Momota begum.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
BJP making inroads into TN. Wait for a lot more nonsense from TN this term...
Is it really? So then how should we view the 2019 LS results in TN? And what do you think will happen in the next state polls?

Also, from the looks of it, most common Tamils seem to be pretty anti BJP and anti Modi due to severe disinformation by DMK types/lack of understanding of BJP & Modi. Am I mistaken in this assessment?

hit&run

Mod
Country flag
Is it really? So then how should we view the 2019 LS results in TN? And what do you think will happen in the next state polls?

Also, from the looks of it, most common Tamils seem to be pretty anti BJP and anti Modi due to severe disinformation by DMK types/lack of understanding of BJP & Modi. Am I mistaken in this assessment?
There is anti-incumbency and infight of stupid proportions in AIADMK. After Jailalita they have no face. There is nothing much there to read on these results.

Haldiram

Country flag
Ghor Kaliyug!!!

Editor-in-chief of ThePrint and President of Editors' Guild , Shekhar Gupta, fiercely pro-Congress and who never missed a chance to criticise government on its policies and even defamed Modi government with twisted facts and fake news many a times, now himself admitting his continuous and wilful denial of the impact of central government policies on the common man which was the decisive factor of the huge mandate earned by Modi government again. Ooooohh... the burn INC would be getting right now.

Ghor Kaliyug re baba!!! :bounce::pound::pound::pound:

Probably preparing to avert a tax evasion notice, otherwise snakes never change their spots.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
There is anti-incumbency and infight of stupid proportions in AIADMK. After Jailalita they have no face. There is nothing much there to read on these results.
What do you see in the near future in TN? Results of next state polls? Can/will AIADMK infighting be solved by a unifying figure (Rajinikanth?) ? Will the current NDA alliance continue and how will BJP itself perform/grow?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles