Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

jai jaganath

Country flag
Media/MoD made big chu**** out of us...

It was told that Sig 716 is only for Frontline troops

Today I saw 3 soldiers at guard duty outside cantonment area in my city carrying the same

Matlab out of 72000 ordered a sizeable portion is dedicated to guard duties.
Are they :crazy::crazy:
7.62×51 for guard duties
I can't stop laughing

zathura98

Country flag

Today I saw 3 soldiers at guard duty outside cantonment area in my city carrying the same

i think that just for showing off to common civilians , as i saw the same . guys from maratha LI and sikh LI, with sig and even knee and elbow pads 😆 😆

abingdonboy

Country flag

Frontline units (infantry, mech forces etc)- do you expect them to have a separate armoury for the guard duty rotation? Whatever is available is what’s issued.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Or most probably. This is what detergent does to our uniform 😭😂😂😂
or i seriously hope not, different batches ordered from different suppliers resulted in this 🤷‍♂️

like remember post kargil war when those 1B1 orange patterns were inducted en masse from different OFB factories some of them had different metallic finish on them with (probably) ones from Kanpur being made so crudely that they didn't even bother to clean off those white inks used for colouring markings (serial numbers, fire selector markings etc) 🤷‍♂️
1676990902033.png

I just hope they didn't goof up similarly with clothing this time 🤷‍♂️

Spadex

Country flag
or i seriously hope not, different batches ordered from different suppliers resulted in this 🤷‍♂️

like remember post kargil war when those 1B1 orange patterns were inducted en masse from different OFB factories some of them had different metallic finish on them with (probably) ones from Kanpur being made so crudely that they didn't even bother to clean off those white inks used for colouring markings (serial numbers, fire selector markings etc) 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 194607

I just hope they didn't goof up similarly with clothing this time 🤷‍♂️
Possibly detergent hain bhi, most probably NIR layer (which provides camouflage against night vision devices / image intensifiers) is fading away from washing.

Classic case of our military of adopting new stuff but don't know how to use it. Remember soldiers were Mounting holographic sight in reverse when they first issued with sig 716 ?

Pazhassiraja

Country flag
Possibly Two different variations of our uniform

I think it's more about the lighting. If you look at the right, there is more lighting than on the left. This aspect was earlier discussed in the camou thread, when the new uniform displayed three different shades.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles