Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Blademaster

I hope and pray that IA takes lessons from the Ruski debacle and develop newer strategies. Obviously the Soviet styled strategies work well against Paki duffers, but we need fresh thinking and fresh weaponry if need be for the CCP snakes.
Ha ha ha IA in its infinite wisdom never adopted Soviet tactics. They developed and used their own tactics. They just use Russian weaponry but not the Russian tactics. They study the ins and outs of the weapons they have bought and developed their own tactics around them to derive the maximum gain & benefits. Do you see Russian advisors training IA or large scale exercises combining Indian & Russian forces? No. They do it themselves.

binayak95

Country flag
I hope and pray that IA takes lessons from the Ruski debacle and develop newer strategies. Obviously the Soviet styled strategies work well against Paki duffers, but we need fresh thinking and fresh weaponry if need be for the CCP snakes.
IA or for that matter any of the three services never used Russian tactics and doctrine, heck if anything ours are more similar to the British/German doctrines of land warfare.

The Navy is extremely mahanian in its thinking - and models itself after the USN (who better)
The air force does its own weird thing - which is not that different from NATO - and anyone who knows the IAF history (the post 62 massive training regimen imparted by both RAF and USAF) should not be surprised

DumbPilot

Country flag
IA or for that matter any of the three services never used Russian tactics and doctrine, heck if anything ours are more similar to the British/German doctrines of land warfare.
Since we inherited the JCO/NCO system from the British, does Pakistan also use similar tactics for their army? I know their air force is very professional, but I don't know much about their army.

binayak95

Country flag
Since we inherited the JCO/NCO system from the British, does Pakistan also use similar tactics for their army? I know their air force is very professional, but I don't know much about their army.
For some reason, (hint: stupid arrogant babugiri) Pak army is retarded. They treat their men as shit on their shiny boots, Have NEVER done tactical recce in all armour battles we have fought against them - Asal Uttar and Longewala come to mind - in the first they drove into a flooded sugarcane field(??) and in the other mistook a camel fence as a minefield marker (WTF) - and have consequently been publicly flogged

DumbPilot

Country flag
For some reason, (hint: stupid arrogant babugiri) Pak army is retarded. They treat their men as shit on their shiny boots, Have NEVER done tactical recce in all armour battles we have fought against them - Asal Uttar and Longewala come to mind - in the first they drove into a flooded sugarcane field(??) and in the other mistook a camel fence as a minefield marker (WTF) - and have consequently been publicly flogged
Well, their loss and our gain. Hope it remains like that. Though it is a bit funny.

On this topic, do you also have information about the Chinese air force and their army? For the PLA Navy, I have only heard stories about lack of professionalism and experience from one friend who flies Super Hornets in the US Navy.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Russian-Indian joint venture for AK-203 assault rifle production starts working
MOSCOW, September 20. /TASS-DEFENSE/. The Russian-Indian joint venture for the production of AK-203 assault rifles has started work, President of the Kalashnikov Group (part of the Rostec state hi-tech corporation) Alan Lushnikov told TASS.

“The joint venture [Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited] has already started work. The Russian side is represented by us together with the Rosoboronexport [state arms seller]. The joint venture is working, everything is on schedule,” Lushnikov said.

India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared the creation of a joint Indian-Russian venture for the production of Kalashnikov rifles in March 2019. The joint venture Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited (IRRPL) for making the AK-203 rifle was set up near the city of Korwa in Uttar Pradesh.

As CEO of Russia’s Rosoboronexport state arms seller Alexander Mikheyev said in December last year, Russia is ready to arrange full-scale production of 7.62mm AK-203 assault rifles in India within two-three years. According to him, the first batch of AK-203 assault rifles will be produced in India with a phased increase in the extent of localization and then full-scale production will begin.

Under the contract, more than 600,000 Kalashnikov assault rifles will be delivered to Indian uniformed agencies. Thus, India may become the first foreign country to produce the AK-203 assault rifle.

A version of the AK-203 assault rifle designed for the Indian Armed Forces was unveiled at the DefExpo India 2020 exhibition. Unlike its predecessor, the AK-203 has been fitted with a Magpul-type telescopic buttstock and a more comfortable pistol grip. The reinforced upper receiver and handguard carry Picatinny rails, which are intended for the installation of various sighting systems. The handguard also features MIL-STD-1913 rails for tactical grips, bipods, weapon flashlights or laser pointers. The weapon can be fitted with the 40mm GP-34 under-barrel grenade launcher.

Military products account for 79% of Kalashnikov Group’s revenues

Military and civilian products manufactured by the Kalashnikov Group account for 79 percent and 21 percent of its revenues respectively, Group President Alan Lushnikov told TASS. “As for the group as a whole, military products account for 79 percent of its revenues, civilian products make up 21 percent. This is quite a stable ratio. As for military products, we include there not only weapons made under state defense contracts but also arms exports,” Lushnikov said.

As Lushnikov specified, the group’s output has grown due to the special military operation in Ukraine. “The output has increased but I cannot tell more about it,” the group’s head said.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Army Major Develops Helmet That Can Withstand AK-47 Bullet; 'first In The World'
An Indian Army Major has developed a bulletproof helmet, which is claimed to be first such in the world that can stop an AK-47 bullet from a distance of 10m

An Indian Army Major who had developed a bulletproof jacket in December last year to face sniper bullets has now also developed a bulletproof helmet, which is claimed to be first in the world that can stop an AK-47 bullet from a distance of 10 meters.

"The ballistic helmet has been developed under Project Abhedya by Major Anoop Mishra who had also developed a full-body protection bulletproof jacket which can withstand even sniper rifles," Indian Army officials told ANI.
Major Anoop Mishra is part of the Indian Army's College of Military Engineering and had begun developing bulletproof jackets after he had received gunshots on his vintage bulletproof jacket.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

Even though with sufficient training, but still during war we need people who thinks out of box and improvise on it. Something Pak army sorely lacking while Indian army able to show this ability and win wars for us.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The helmet and the glasses I saw em with lots of ghatak operators but I don't know jack shit so I just shot in darkness
The helmet is the standard issue (MKU) to all frontline troops, glasses can be bought by anyone using personal funds, just as this PC has been bought from Armasen Tactical. No way to definitely say that he’s a Ghatak.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Again what makes you say that he’s a Ghatak officer? There is no definitive way to say so, u less you know the officer personally or there’s a remarkable piece of standard issue gear like Team Wendy Ballistic Highcut helmets or MP9 SMGs, etc.
Okay he is not a ghatak officer. What makes you think he is not a ghatak officer ?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Okay he is not a ghatak officer. What makes you think he is not a ghatak officer ?
I never said he’s not a Ghatak officer, I only said there is no definitive way to determine the difference between a regular officer and a Ghatak officer, without the usual differences between the types in gear that is standard issue to them.
As this officer has purchased the the PC with his own funds, there is a good chance he’s purchased the glasses too. He could still be a Ghatak officer, but just based on this photograph there is not enough conclusive evidence to DEFINITELY say so.
If you have enough funds to buy yourself a plate carrier, then you definitely have enough funds to buy yourself a pair or two of ballistic/protective glasses, gloves, tools, etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles