Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
hhmm i kinda believe this is actual AK-203 showcased here, it differs from what we've been seeing as ;AK-203; in those various defense exposes etc so far (i call it AK-103M, unofficially)
1660644693106.png

So are we getting actual AK-203 now ?
as far as i know recently they showcased these pics on various internet articles on IA's version of AK-203 but unless there was actual visual confirmation i wasn't willing to believe in it, now...let's see...
1660645270013.png

ManhattanProject

Country flag
How can someone come up with something so horrible? The army has to know right? You cant possibly expect a soldier to fight wearing that vest, who designed it and did they ever actually talk to a soldier and test it in the real world.
Showing it off like this just makes me feel like we live in a banana republic, how can someone in this day and age come up with something so horrid.

abingdonboy

Country flag
How can someone come up with something so horrible? The army has to know right? You cant possibly expect a soldier to fight wearing that vest, who designed it and did they ever actually talk to a soldier and test it in the real world.
Showing it off like this just makes me feel like we live in a banana republic, how can someone in this day and age come up with something so horrid.
My expectations were low but holy ****

IA is in a race to the bottom it seems

jai jaganath

Country flag
I have not written on it much as after looking at this I went into depression
At this moment I could say if even 0.00000001% chance exists for improvement in entire institution is to copy west
These senseless people both gernails and bureaucrats can't do or think anything of their own bcoz if they think then it will only result in abomination
Sorry but can't resist

abingdonboy

Country flag
the scary part about this is these things will be inducted over the next 5 years with a 15-20++ lifespan so they’ll be around in the mid 2040s to 2050s, how different will militaries look just in 2030 let alone 2050s? Already developed nations are moving to newer technologies (caseless ammo or next gen calibres), IA is looking to induct something designed in 1947

The Shrike

Country flag
i bet my bank account this f insas program is just a set piece for media ,it'll likely be cancelled like the other future bs of other countries
The original F-Insas was a DRDO lead program (not sure how much army input was there), and IIRC was focused more on electronics and sensors. What was displayed seems like some of the existing/legacy parts have been put together for a tamasha. Also those who thought the new IA camo was a great choice, now you see the full product 🤡🤡😂😂.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
i bet my bank account this f insas program is just a set piece for media ,it'll likely be cancelled like the other future bs of other countries
likely be cancelled ?
ORIGINAL F-INSAS PROJECT WAS ALREADY CANCELLED BY END OF 2015 AND HERE IS THE SOURCE
1660653531810.png

link - https://www.soldiermod.com/volume-16/pdfs/articles/programmes-overview-december-2015.pdf

Seems with the end of Multi-Calibre rifle tender and MCIWS project going nowhere they already shelved the ambitious F-INSAS and decided to just upgrade using whatever is available in market, first aim being to procure a rifle to replace INSAS and so, other aim being to procure comms-computers et al BMS stuff.

Why they're calling this new one as F-INSAS is just...gimmicks i guess

😏 now since you made this bet,
1660654125873.png

*aggressively rubbing hands*
DM me your netbanking account id and password now!

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
Also those who thought the new IA camo was a great choice, now you see the full product 🤡🤡😂😂.
There is nothing wrong with the camo. The purpose of camo is not to look cool, but to blend in and get the least attention. It does the job for almost all the terrains IA is spread across. Now adopting terrain specific camos would have got better outcomes but the logistical, financial and procurement also comes into play. So IA went for a balance that they wanted

jai jaganath

Country flag
likely be cancelled ?
ORIGINAL F-INSAS PROJECT WAS ALREADY CANCELLED BY END OF 2015 AND HERE IS THE SOURCE
View attachment 168051

link - https://www.soldiermod.com/volume-16/pdfs/articles/programmes-overview-december-2015.pdf

Seems with the end of Multi-Calibre rifle tender and MCIWS project going nowhere they already shelved the ambitious F-INSAS and decided to just upgrade using whatever is available in market, first aim being to procure a rifle to replace INSAS and so, other aim being to procure comms-computers et al BMS stuff.

Why they're calling this new one as F-INSAS is just...gimmicks i guess

😏 now since you made this bet,
View attachment 168055
*aggressively rubbing hands*
DM me your netbanking account id and password now!
I am happy to see phase 2 includes sdr and bms
But 2012 being pushed to 2022 for phase 1 shows our wonderful intent

Immanuel

Country flag
BJP is SMPP MV-PRO, level 3+rating or more, depends on the inserts they add, SMPP provide CARASTOP, deal signed in 2018 included over 1.1 million armor plates. By the looks of it, very good at stopping AK rounds and 7.62 NATO. So casualties should reduce drastically in the coming years at least that's something. Helmet is the Mukut with integrated comms

1660658241684.png

SMPP awarded largest ever USD $100 Mn Body Armor contract by Indian MOD - Asian Military Review

SMPP (smgroupindia.com)

Ballistic Eyewear also from MKU

AK-203, miles better than INSAS, at this point, I couldn't care, hopefully inducted in numbers asap

New VEER helmet for Sikh Soldiers

BALLISTIC HELMET FOR SIKH SOLDIERS (mku.com)

Sikh Soldiers going to be full Darth vader mode

Comfortable and combat-ready: India's Sikh soldiers to get 'Veer' helmets with ballistic protection (timesnownews.com)

KAVRO BALLISTIC EYEWEAR (mku.com)

Last edited:

The Shrike

Country flag
There is nothing wrong with the camo. The purpose of camo is not to look cool, but to blend in and get the least attention. It does the job for almost all the terrains IA is spread across. Now adopting terrain specific camos would have got better outcomes but the logistical, financial and procurement also comes into play. So IA went for a balance that they wanted
IMO they went with the pixelated version of the same pattern/colours because they are resistant to change, don’t have an understanding of technology and are straight up lazy. I’ll believe that the legacy pattern “does the job” when they actually release technical study results of the alternates. Newer patterns like multicam that are becoming more popular, are result of a lot of R&D that needs to be nurtured and gestated over a long period of time, something I simply don’t believe IA is capable of (may be I’m too jaded after following defence space for over a decade).

SGOperative

Country flag
being a bare minimum in this age and time is being tauted as ;FUTURISTIC; now ? kinda reminds me of the infamous line said by Orville Wright on his deathbed "What a Dream it was...what a Nightmare it has become..." (on aviation and its consequences as a mean of warfare)

all that integrated comms and portable mission computer et al are absent here, oh and less said about those tactical plus protective gear is... 🤷‍♂️ this is quite disappointing to look at, but giving to our current situation it's also a bitter truth that this is above that level and ;have to be; approved-appreciated 🤷‍♂️

INSAS word itself seems to be cursed now lol everything even remotely associated with it gets dragged down, i'd suggest MoD to consult a good jyotish to suggest some auspicious names to our defense programs maybe that way they'll see light of the day...Atal ji renamed LCA as ;Tejas; and it is touching the skies with glory, albeit late but still...Someone named it ;Arjun; and it's still under perpetual dilemma of whether to fight or not and might require a ;Saarthi ammunition resupply vehicle; of its own to get going {pun here don't take it seriously} oh and ;Karna MBT; forgot its own worth in a decisive fight against import lobby ;BHIM SPH; given a heavy dose of poision by same import lobby and is under coma now...

to all the newbies here i'd suggest you all to do labour of going through this old thread on original F-INSAS to get an idea about basics - https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/f-insas-futuristic-infantry-soldier-as-a-system.446/
According to the Alpha Defence Guy the comms and all are part of it tho not visible here, you guys are unnecessarily black-pilled for some reason, this is practical and in our budget except the BPJ everything is fine to me, and this could be implemented faster and act as a good base then any new tech could be added over it. Similar stuff we saw in Kashmir and LOC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bayonets-
13dble-hk416f-legionnaire.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles